forty eight

"Hi Tate, it's good to see you again." Isabelle smiles as I walk in the coffee shop.

"Same goes for you, I'm bummed we only got to talk for like 2 minutes when we met." I say as we walk up to the front to order.

"Hey I get it, you got priorities with your boyfriend, you know?" She says as I try not to laugh and I nod my head.

"You know, that's definitely true." I say as I order quickly and she does the same. "Are you excited for the game today? A bit of Europa League action, hmm?" I hum as we move to the side, waiting for our drinks.

She nods her head, "I'm excited to see him play again, I went to a few games when we were talking but this will be my first one as his girlfriend, which is exciting." She smiles as I nod.

"I think he said he pulled some strings and got you a seat next to me." I confirm as she nods.

"Yeah he said he was working on that, but I feel like Xavi would do anything for him." She jokes as I nod.

"We always give him a hard time for that, but it's definitely true." I laugh.

"Oh trust me, he knows it too." She scoffs as we grab our coffee, going back over to our booth.

"How did you two meet? He refused to tell me anything. Like he told all the guys about how you two would hangout, but told them all to not tell me." I say as she raises her eyebrows slightly.

"Yeah honestly, I was at a Barca B game with some of my school friends and I was a few rows down but he kept looking at me, like to the point where I could like feel him looking at me, you know?" She says as I nod. "And then he came up to me after and got my number." She laughs.

I smile, "that's still pretty cute though." I shrug. "Staring at you at a game, how rizzy." I joke as she begins laughing.

She nods slightly as she wraps her hands around her cup, warming her hands up. "What have you and Pedri been up to?" She questions as I blow out a breath of air.

"Yeah well two days ago actually my mom cockblocked us." I shrug as she begins laughing. "I'm so sorry, I don't know why I just said that." I add as I cover my mouth and she shakes her head.

"It's okay, but on that note, Pedri interrupted us the other day." She says as I nod slightly.

"I wanted to talk to Gavi about you actually, to get your number of something so we could talk, but Pedri went in first, so that was that." I shrug as she smiles.

"Probably just a theme in that house." She insinuates.

"Oh it definitely is. Gavi has interrupted more times then i can count at this point, so my advice is probably never come to our house with hopes anything will happen." I say as I drink my coffee and she nods.

"Noted." She says quietly as I smile. "Gavi was right about you, I like you already." She adds.

"I like you too, I wish Gavi mentioned you earlier to me, we could've been friends two months ago." I mumble as she laughs.

"He cockblocked a friendship from forming." I suggest as she nods immediately.

"He really did, shame on him." She says.

"Fuck him." I shrug as she purses her lips.

"Already did, but yep, fuck him." She smiles as I burst out laughing.

"You're out of pocket but I love it."

"I'll take it." She says proudly as I smile.

———