sixteen

When we get back home we all say our good nights and we go to our rooms. I wait a few minutes before I go upstairs to Pedri's room and I knock softly.

I literally don't need to be sneaking around, I go to the guys' rooms all the time and it's not weird, so I don't know why I'm acting like this. It's quite simply not that serious.

"Come in." I hear him call out as I go in, closing the door behind me.

"Okay, just listen to me. No need to talk yet." I say as I cross my arms and he sits up, sitting against the headboard as he nods.

"Listening."

"During our date in my mind I was fully set on nothing happening, like ever. But after talking with Gavi and with you again today I feel like I'm not fully sure where my head is at. Like part of me thinks it is totally wrong for us to get together, but at the same time I literally can't stop thinking about it." I begin as he just watches me, "and also all of a sudden I can't stop looking at you and that's also really annoying because you're attractive and you know that, but now it's also become really clear to me which isn't helping all of this." I say as he chuckles

"Tate." He says quietly as I shake my head.

"Not done yet." I say as I hold up my hand and he nods reluctantly. "When we were younger I simply think it didn't work because we were young, even though 16 isn't even that young, but that's besides the point. Anyways we're 19 and 20 now and I feel like that's old enough to learn and realize what you want and as dumb as it sounds I think I want you."

"That doesn't sound dumb." He jokes as I go sit on the bed so I'm in front of him and I play with my thumbs. "But what exactly are you saying?"

"Okay fine, maybe i do love you again. Is that what you wanted to hear?"

"It took you long enough."

"But I'm also nervous about the guys because I was talking with Jude about why I was acting weird at dinner and then he guessed it was about the date which is true and he was saying all this hypothetical stuff and if the guy I went on a date with was one of you guys I'd be fucked. Which I know is true because it's not right I don't think, but I can't control what I want if that makes sense." I say as he nods.

"Yeah it would be a pretty sticky situation."

"So like if this happened how would we even do it? We live with them." I say as I cross my legs and he purses his lips.

"We could just tell them. We don't need to sneak around, because I feel like that'd make it worse when they actually find out." He says as I immediately shake my head no.

"If we straight up tell them you know how weird that would be? Two of their best friends suddenly start dating, and even better we live together, and even better than that we've known each other for like 9 years." I say as he sighs.

"So you'd really rather sneak around?"

"We did when we were younger." I counter.

"We also didn't all live together, it was a lot easier back then."

"Fine that's it, I'm moving out." I say as I stand up, throwing my arms up.

"No you aren't." He says as he grabs my hand, pulling me back down so I'm sitting next to him. "We can go about it however you want to. It's up to you."

I lean my head back as I think for a second. "Sneak around. I really don't want to have to tell them." I say as he nods.

"Okay that's fine. Whatever you want." He says as I look at him. "And don't worry I can still flirt with you around them, everyone does it, it'd be more weird if I didn't."

"That's the first thing you think about?" I smile as he shrugs.

"I've thought about some other things, but yeah sure, that's the first thing I thought about." He hints.

"First, ew. Second, does that mean we're like dating now? I don't know how this should work." I frown as he thinks about it for a second.

"I mean if you want to date me you can just go ahead and say it, because I'd potentially feel the same way." He shrugs as he gets off of the bed. "I just feel like if anyone would figure it out, it'd be Gavi." He says as he walks into his bathroom.

I stay on his bed and I lay back as I hold my hands in front of my face, looking at my fingers. "He is closest with us, and if there's a change in energy he's going to know. It's fine though, if he finds out I'll make sure he tells no one."

"Yeah because that went well in the groupchat?" He snickers as I lean up on my elbows, looking into the bathroom.

"That wasn't my fault. How was I supposed to know he'd tell everyone?"

"It's Gavi." He replies simply.

"Okay yeah you have a point. But I'm not nervous. It's fine, we'll be fine." I say as he comes out and he stands in front of me.

"It'll all work out, yeah? Don't worry about it until it happens." He says as he looks down at me and I nod.

"You definitely aren't top of the pyramid this week by the way." I say as I stand up and he frowns.

"That's still rude of you. After all the emotional damage you've given me in the past two days." He says as I smile before walking past him.

I open the door as I look back at him quickly and his arms are crossed as I go back to him. "Oh, fuck it." I say as I put my hand on his jaw kissing him and he immediately smiles into the kiss.

After a few seconds I pull away and he immediately shakes his head pulling me back in for another kiss. "Just one more." He mumbles against my lips as I run my hand down his chest, resting it on his waist as I back up.

"If we keep kissing I won't want to stop." I say as I wipe his lips with my thumb.

"I see no problem with that." He shrugs as I push his chest.

"I'm going to bed now. Good night Pedri." I say as I stand in the doorway.

"I've been wanting to do that for the past year, I'm not going to lie." He says as I smile, shaking my head as I close his door.

That went.. good.