Chapter 58

Chapter 58: The ink near the dye vat is black.

    Kim's intended birth certificate shows that she was born at 4:19 p.m. If this time can be accurate to the second, her annual birthday party will stop the watch and start on time at a certain second of nineteen minutes.

    Ji Changshan has never attended Jin Youyi's birthday party, because the woman only invited herself to the party. Ji Changshan didn't know what kind of illness Jin had suffered this year, so he insisted on taking her to celebrate her birthday together. But the birthday star is the biggest. Since Jin intentionally made such an easy wish, Ji Changshan agreed to go to the appointment with his twelve-year old friend without asking much.

    Jin intentionally drove to Xiwatai to pick her up. The car stopped at the gate of the community, and Jin intentionally called Ji Changshan. Ji Changshan's phone line was busy, and he waited for three minutes to call again before getting through. Jin intentionally fed him, and Ji Changshan was changing clothes in the bedroom, and said he would go downstairs later.

    Ji Changshan looked at today's weather forecast. It was eight degrees in the evening. She put on a coat and wrapped herself tightly with a scarf.

    She's recovering from her cold soon, but she can't take another cold.

    Jin deliberately didn't know that Ji Changshan had a cold, and when he saw her for the first time, he couldn't help but praise Ji Changshan for his excellent sense of old age.

    Ji Changshan squinted at his friend, and took off the scarf around his neck. She folded the misty blue fabric into small squares and placed it on her lap securely. With sharp eyes, Jin immediately recognized that the scarf was a new autumn product of a luxury brand.

    There are quite a few decent clothes in Ji Changshan's closet, but they are usually out of business needs, or used as props to show off when returning to Haicheng. She buys more practical clothes. As for dispensable decorations like silk scarves and scarves, after Ji Changshan has two or three for emergencies, he won't spend any more money on new ones.

    Jin Yi has never seen Ji Changshan wearing that foggy blue scarf. She looked down at the scarf and guessed within two seconds. Ji Changshan noticed the change in his friend's eyes, so he couldn't help hiding his left hand under the scarf, and didn't take it out anyway.

    She looked ahead and verbally wished Jin Youyou a happy birthday. The other party was not polite to her, and twisted his thumb and forefinger, intending to ask for a birthday present.

    Ji Changshan pretended to sigh, took out a red envelope from his bag, and stuffed it into the storage compartment between them.

    Money is freedom, and giving money is giving the other party the right to choose freely. There is no better gift than freedom in the world.

    When Jin intentionally put forward this point of view for the first time, Ji Changshan felt a deep resonance in her soul. She didn't love freedom too much, but she unswervingly practiced realism.

    Instead of spending time and energy picking out a birthday gift that the other party doesn't need, it's better to give money.

    Ji Changshan readily accepted Jin Ruyi's proposal, and every year since then, on their birthdays, both of them will wrap a similar red envelope, the amount is within their means, and it is usually a gift.

    Jin intentionally thanked Ji Changshan for his kindness, picked up the red envelope, and casually felt the weight of his heart. Her gaze was fixed on the foggy blue scarf, and Ji Changshan still had such a calm face, urging Jin to drive quickly, otherwise he would not be able to make it to the 4:19 departure.