Chapter 61

Chapter 61 Father and son who know current affairs are heroes.

    Ji Changshan stepped into the huge front hall of Peng's villa, and a melody came from upstairs. The tune is melodious and far away, as if someone is playing the violin across a green hill.

    When she was with Chen Yueshu, she was often invited to concerts. Artistic things could not give her spiritual baptism, but instead gave rise to two or three inconspicuous yawns. Chen Yueshu always listened attentively to the performance, and after the whole concert, the two of them could not speak a word, so Ji Changshan liked this dating project.

    Ji Changshan sat under the stage, and the performers on stage closed their eyes and frowned, playing the second movement of Dvořák's Ninth Symphony. Ji Changshan quietly listened to the folk music, the more he listened, the more he forgot to blink his eyes.     In front of her eyes was the Kang bed at grandma's house, her mother's scrambled eggs with tomatoes, and the sea breeze and waves in Haicheng. For some reason, her eyes blinked quickly twice, and finally stopped some inexplicable emotions.     For so many years in her life, she has always been insensitive to art, but at that moment, the resonance turned her back into a child.     That song repeatedly appeared in Ji Changshan's dream, she couldn't help but stop, raised her face to look for the source of the sound, to make sure she wasn't dreaming.     The Peng family villa has always been silent, quieter than the deepest night, how could someone be playing the violin upstairs today?     Ji Changshan turned his head to look at Peng Lang, his temples twitched and his eyes didn't blink for a moment, as if his heart was trembling. Ji Changshan shook Peng Lang's fingertips, "What's wrong with you?"     Peng Lang stared at a certain place upstairs, and calmly said, "It's okay, it should be my mother playing the piano."     Ji Changshan didn't think Peng Lang It's okay, but there's no way to ask. She was led into the hall by Peng Lang, when the Peng family's aunt appeared, her face more gloomy than usual.     The aunt told the young couple that the wife may not have dinner, and Mr. Peng asked the cook to cook a table of Chinese food and eat in the round table hall.

    In addition to the reception and dining room, the Peng family has two small dining rooms for their own use: one with round tables for Chinese food, and the other with square tables for Western food. Ji Changshan has been here so many times, the first time he heard about the round table hall, Peng Lang didn't explain anything, walked to the door of the restaurant, seemed a bit hesitant, and finally raised his hand and knocked on the wooden door.

    No one answered in the room, Peng Lang knocked on the door again, there was a continuous silence inside the door, after five or six seconds, there was a sound of entering.

    The double wooden doors were pushed inward, and Peng Furen sat alone at the table, taking the chief seat, with his face in Chinese characters facing the door, smearing the solemnity of the funeral as always.

    Ji Changshan glanced down at the dining table, there were twelve dishes on the wooden turntable, four cold dishes and eight hot dishes, almost the configuration of the New Year's Eve dinner.

    Such a grand banquet is like a Hongmen banquet, like a meal with a severed head, Ji Changshan was anxious and glanced at Peng Lang. He was not surprised and took Ji Changshan to his seat. Before they came in, Peng Suren had already moved his chopsticks, and now he was continuing to hold the cold peanuts. After three times, the peanuts slipped. Peng Lang picked up the chopsticks, helped his father hold the peanuts, and sent them to Peng Suren's meal plate.

    Peng Xuren took a few mouthfuls of other dishes, chewed carefully, and then picked up the peanuts in the plate.

    He ground the peanuts with his dentures, finished swallowing, looked at the plate of dishes on the table and asked, "Why are you late today?"