Cardigan

I'm on my way to my best friend, Matt house. I didn't met him for so long and we finally got to meet! So I was so excited, not from the idea that we finally can be close without talking about his crush's or just talk about other girls.

The whole time me and Matt was in other's relationship but I always wanted him more then a friend. He is my best friend since we were kids, I knew everything he wasn't, because people make him feel like he don't needed too. But I knew him way too well that I knew what's going to happen if I'll told him my feelings.

Everything I was getting hurt from men's, we was there for me to remind me that not the whole man's in the world are bad, well. He is not..

"Hey!! Bernard is here?" I laughed with nick who opened the door and I saw Matt getting down on the stairs. "Shut up and get in." He said and I laughed. "Hey you brought the cardigan I gave you for Christmas." He noticed the cardigan.

"Yes! I liked it so much thank you." I said and he smiled. "So how are you doing?" I asked and he looked at his phone. "Fine, nothing changed." He said and looked at me. "Are you sure?" He asked me. "Yes why I wouldn't be?" I laughed.

"Because you were too distant from me so I thought you going through something or just don't like to be with me." He told me and I just quit talking for a few seconds. "No, um I just.." I Start talking.

"What? Who did what?" "No one Matt. I just .. I needed time to myself you know." I said and he smiled at me. "Well im glad you're back to your normal self." He smiled at me and hold my hand for a moment.

I felt like butterflies falling in my stomach and I just wanted to be with him more and more everytime I looked at his eyes. "Hey Matt," he looked at me. "Yeah?" He asked. "You talked with this girl you like?" "Summer?" His smile just started coming out when I mentioned her name.

"Um no, she told me she don't like the idea.. not even being a simple friendship." He said. "What, why?" I looked at him, I know how much he want her. "Um, because she have someone else, but I'm not giving up on her." He told me and felt like it's will work, making the most popular girl in the school love him.

"Matt. If she have someone else she won't be able to be with you." I told him and he looked at me. "Why no? It's not that she dating with someone." "Yeah but it's not that she wants you around." I shouts. "What how do you know." He asked me. "Because I see her everywhere I go and her stories on instagram." I told him and open my phone and get close to him. "Look." I show him the messages that she sent to my friend and her stories. "You see now? I know you, you forget that I know you Matt." I told him and he looked down .

"Yes but it's not big deal, I still can be around her is mean nothing." He says. "Are you crazy? She literally told that you're the most weird person in the school." I told him. "Whatever." "I'm sorry Matt but you are not thinking about what I'm thinking." I told him.

"Yes I am." He get up. "This is ridiculous." I whispered. "What? Exactly huh? That I love a girl that not love me back and I don't wanna get over her." "No that you want to give a second chance for someone that not even wants you and not to someone who really wants." I shouts at him.

"What is that supposed to mean?" He said and I breathed my breath and he was shocked, I thought I said it in my head. Shit.

"Can you please talk y/n?" "Ugh yes." I sigh. "Go ahead." He told me and I was nervous. "I mean, that I want you in my life, and I like you. A lot ." I said and hope it's won't be weird. "Yeah I want you too and.." "no, I mean I know you since you were a little weird boy, that never asked questions and never learned from mistakes, like now." I laughed but from inside I was broken.

"You don't think that I know what you thinking and want? I knew that you would ask her that stupid question. And you looking at her stories and even dms her like she never did it." I told him and he looked hurt.

"But god Matt, I can't talking about your crushes anymore and about this stupid summer girl that not giving a fuck about you. When I do care. When I do want you. Because I love you bro." I said and he looked at me.

"What? I'm sorry?" He asked me. "What did you just say?" He asked me again. "That I love you. And not in the friendly way.." I was so nervous about the fact I just told him.

"And what if summer will wants you? I don't care. She plays with your heart dude I just want to..."
I didn't finish the sentence and his lips was on mine, and he just kissed Me, my best friend. The one that always told me I was his favourite when I woke up in someone else bad because of the night before. The one that I knew so good and make me feel good with every scare on my body.

"I love you too, y/n." "But what about summer." I asked and stopped kissing his lips. "I never liked her it's why I wasn't care, I just didn't want you to know. Now can we please stop talking about her and about you?" He put my hair behind my ears and kissed me once again.

We sat there in his room, watching the tv, but than its hit me, Matt living Boston to the college campus in the next month. And I didn't knew what to think.

"Matt, your college is begin next month. And I'll meet you there in a couple of months later." I looked up at him. "Don't worry. We will be okay." He kissed the top of my head and put his arms around my neck .

Day before Matt left to college.

Today it's the last day with Matt, he made us free day just for two of us, actually we were in the weekend in the hotel and it's was only for us. I helped him get his stuff packed and he just heard his music on full volume and same with me, we sang every single song that was and just chilling like tomorrow morning I'm coming back home alone.

"Tomorrow." "Tomorrow.." he kissed my lips and we went to sleep , our last night together.

I woke up in the morning and Matt wasn't in bad, I looked for him in the room and than he got out of the bathroom. "Did I woke you up with all these things? I'm sorry baby." He kissed my hair and I get up. "No it's fine, the big day is coming!"
I cheered up and smiled and he just nodded his head and hugs me.

We went to the train station with all his family and his brothers who left the house to go to college with Matt, so it's was really sad.

"Okay time to say goodbye." His dad said and his mom hugs three of them. I just looked at them and waited to Matt. "Hey I didn't forget you."Matt came to me and hugs me tightly to him. I just cried, I was so sad that he leaving.

"Don't cry please." He told me and I smiled. "Hey I want you to remember something." I told him and he looked at me. "I want you to know that all the time we had, like kissing in the bars and cars, it's was all I needed." I laughed and he smiled at me. "And.. you drew stars around my scars." I cried and he wiped away my tears and hugs me.

"I love you." "And I love you too." He replied, I felt so good and than he left and walked into the train, and I came back home with his favourite cardigan, the same one I wore when we first kissed.