That Way (3)

Matt was at his home, he just fall on his bed and sigh. He opened his phone and got into his pictures.

He saw all the photos of his friends, his brothers, and you and him. A little smile was on his lips. He love the idea of those pictures.
But he knew that now it's too late to do it again.

He realised that it's was all his fault, he try to kiss.. he wanted to kiss you and he didn't even know why. He never felt something to someone like that, it's was so weird to him.

He thought about you since then. Since the day he screamed at you, even when he didn't mean to.

While scrolling through his phone, he heard a knock on the door. He thought it's was his mom and get up fast, he run all the stairs and put his bag on his shoulder. Ready to tell his mother that he going back to school and he didn't skip school.

"Open!" He shouted. You get it. "Hey.. are you going to somewhere?" You asked him. When he saw your face he was kinda of mad. "I thought you were my mom y/n, it's not funny." He tried to be mad, he couldn't.

"I didn't laugh." You said. "Whatever." Matt throw his bag and got into the kitchen. He looked angry to you, but inside him.. all he wanted his run to your arms and hugs you.

"Matt.." you whispered his name. "Do you want water?" He try to be polite. "No thanks." You smiled at him and he sipped his drink. "Matt, why are we like that?" You asked him and he didn't answer.

"I don't know, you tell me." He was so rude. "Matt stop acting weird!" You said. "I'm not acting weird y/n. I'm just mad." "Oh, you're the one who mad?" You got mad, more then Matt thought he was.

"You try to kiss me, and then come and yelled at me. And you're the one who mad?" He looked at you with his eyes open as he was standing there. "I.." "no Matt. It's fine. Because I wanted to come here and be okay with you. I want you back!" You said.

Matt looked up at you when you said those words, he knew what. You mean something else but he didn't want to believe it. "I want you back, you're my best friend. And I love you that way."
Matt heart broke . He wanted you.

Not as a friend.

He want you to be his.

"Me too.. but.. I still don't know how to do it." He said. "What is that supposed to mean?" You asked. "Look, I don't know what happened that night.." he came and hold your hands. "But.. I feel like it's supposed to happened." He adds.

You looked at your best friend, shocked, did he say that he wants you? As a girlfriend? You couldn't expect it. If you and Matt will be in a relationship it's will break your friendship with him. And you didn't want too.

"Matt.. we can't." You took away your hands. "We can't be a couple. No, don't say that."  You start tear up. "Why?" He asked. "We're best friends, we can't be in a relationship. It's will break us.. our things."

"What thing do we have?"
"This."
"There's no us anymore!"

You looked at Matt, full of questions. You didn't knew what you see, your best friend, or a stranger. "When I almost kissed you, it's become another thing, the opposite way of what we were, one of us feel that way."

He was the one.
He just deny it.

"Well, I'm not the one.. so maybe you should think about yourself a little?" You said and get out of the house in a storm. You didn't recognise him, he really wanted to throw it all away? Just for being in a relationship with you?

You didn't want a relationship, not with him.

You loved Matt, but as a friend way, and you will do everything to keep your friendship with him. Even if it's mean to break his heart.

But it's look like Matt won't do the same.

-
"I'm home!!" Chris shout in the empty space. Matt wasn't in the living room, or in the kitchen. He was at his room. Staring at the ceiling.

"Here you are!" Chris said and Matt looked at him. "What's wrong?" Chris got into the room and sat next to him. "I think I ruined my relationship with y/n." Matt sigh.

"Relationship?" Chris asked him. "I mean our friendship, we just.. not agree about things." "So you didn't ruin it." Chris said. "The things it's mean that I want a relationship with her and she want us to be friends." Matt got up and sat on the bed.

"Oh.."
"Yeah, oh."
"What are you going to do?"

Matt shaked his head. "I don't know." He adds. "I mean, she just get out of the house in a storm, she didn't get my text or my reply on Snapchat. She didn't saw my messages or anything like that, for a week." Matt said.

"Yeah she pretty angry at you.. you tried kiss her dude!" Chris understood your situation. "But I didn't choose this." "So who did? Matt for real. You had feeling for her, you just didn't knew it." Chris said. "Maybe."

"So.. it's not her fault, just go and say you sorry, don't lose your best friend becadhe of a fucking a stupid  mistake." Chris shout at his brother. "She needs you and you need her."

Before Chris get out of the room he just looked at Matt and sigh.

"You need to realise, that if you getting into a relationship with her, you ruining your friendship with her. And thats what you doing right now." He said and get out of the room.

-
Nicks were at your place you ate snacks with him and talked about boys and about people at your school.

It's what you and nick did a lot.

"So.. did you talked with Matt?" Nick asked, like you knew he would. "Yeah." You said. "And?" He looked at you, waiting for more information. "He still want to be in a relationship with me." You lied on your bed.

"Wow, Matt really want you huh?" "Yeah, but I don't to break his heart and ruin our friendship." You sigh. "How do you know you will?" He ate more from the chips. "I just know." You told nick. "Well, maybe it's will be good for you." He adds.

"I just love the way we are like now you know? Don't wanna ruin it." You sigh and looked at nick. "He just my best friend, and I love him. And I'm sure if this kiss was 'almost.' So it's supposed to be almost."

"If there's one thing that I know about Matt, is that he won't kiss you immediately, and if he did, you win, he truly love you." Nick cheer me up. "Thank you." Nick smiled.

"Just let him time to think, he will get it in the end, now where is the coke?" Nick looked for the bottle and I looked into my phone.

"Oh god, it's Brandon." You get up. "The hot guy from the basketball team?" Nick asked you. "Yes!" You said. "Cool what did he wants." "A date." You said to nick.

"You should go."
"It's tomorrow... and tomorrow it's the day we all meeting at the basement."
"Oh go! It's okay."

You smiled at nick and just text him. You loved the idea of go out with him. So you just was excited.

But you couldn't stop thinking of Matt. You just didn't know how, but you just thought about Matt and what he will say, what he will do. And why.

"Hey nick.." nick turned around to look at you. "Can you tell Matt that I'll be okay tomorrow? And I won't come.." you asked him. "Yeah, sure." Nick smiled and looked at his phone again

But still you want to tell Matt that he don't need to be worried about you, and that you'll be okay.

You couldn't get him out of your head.