3rd chapter

Madam Blainey came back, saw that Sebastian was awake, and looked exceedingly irritated. Was his condition really so bad yesterday that no one believed him capable of a quick recovery? I had to think again that I was pulling something out of him, which apparently accelerated his healing many times over. What was that? Should I tell anyone about this?

She checked his vitals, gave him a potion, and went back to her treatment room, still confused.

Sebastian fell asleep again. A few hours later, Ominis entered the room. He sat down between Sebastian and my bed and we talked about everyday things.

He couldn't believe it when he heard Sebastian wake up and greet him.

"How? How is that possible?" asked he. "I have absolutely no clue. I have no memories until I woke up this morning...All I know is that I was in excruciating pain and suddenly it went away" replied Sebastian.

The healer had overheard the conversation and interjected that she couldn't explain it either before she left again.

Omini's face hardened. He leaned towards Sebastian and asked him so quietly that Madam Blainey couldn't hear. "Sebastian, didn't you promise me that you would stop it? Why don't you accept it?"

Sebastian got visibly angry. He hissed back: "How do you imagine that? Should I just let Anne suffer until the end of her life?!"Ominis looked very worried again. "If you die trying to find a solution, what's in it for Anne?"Sebastian still looked very angry, but refrained from answering. He probably realized that Ominis was right.

I wanted to give both some alone time, so I decided to try walking to the library. I had to find out what I saw last night. What it was that I pulled from Sebastian's wounds. And since I didn't know where to start my research, I figured the library would be a good place to start.

I hoped not to meet any of my friends on my way. How should I explain what I'm looking for? Seeing or hearing things that others don't see is usually not a good thing, even in the wizarding world. And to avoid being sent to the mental ward at St. Mungo's Hospital, I resolved to continue my research on my own for the time being.

So I slowly crept through the narrow corridors towards the library. I kept having to catch my breath and stop when I saw someone I knew in front of me, but I got there successfully.But what are you looking for in a situation like this? I didn't even know the name of what I saw. Not knowing where to start, I picked up various books that described magic from other cultures or times. I ended up with two books in my hands that seemed relevant.

I'm Scottish as far as I know, but maybe my parents have different roots? A stabbing pain spread. My parents. They didn't seem to care how I developed after they left me 12 years ago. Since my godmother passed away 3 years ago, I have no one to ask.

I could feel the sorrow overcoming me. I wiped the tears from the corner of my eyes and tried to concentrate. Suddenly I saw Natty enter the library, so I snuck out of the library behind the bookshelves and hurried back to the hospital wing.

But there was Sebastian. What if he asked a question? I guess I had to take the risk.

I entered the room and saw that Ominis was gone. Since Sebastian was in a better mood again, I assumed that they got along again. He saw my book. "Are you interested in foreign magic?" he asked in surprise. "Yeah, that's my hobby," I sang to him with great effort. He raised an eyebrow. He caught me. Unfortunately, I wasn't a good liar so I couldn't think of another excuse.He stared at me. Like he was calculating something in his mind. Suddenly he turned his head away from me.

I sat down on my bed and opened the first book. I flipped through the pages but didn't see anything relevant to me. I huffed. These two books were huge works on magic that is and has been all over the world. Something relevant has to be there?

The second book had just as little information that was relevant to me as the first copy.

I thought about what to do next when I heard Sebastian's voice. "You're looking for something, aren't you? Tell me, I really know my stuff." I looked at him, and he cheekily grinned at me. "Honestly, I don't know," I had to admit. He looked confused. Obviously he expected me to continue. "I saw something, but I don't know what."

I turned towards him and told him about last night.

He looked at me in disbelief. Would he call the nurse now? Am i mentally ill? Am I having hallucinations? His disbelieving expression gave way to a wide grin. Through that grin, you could see his dimples. He looks even better with that smile. It was an honest smile.

"I've never heard of it, but maybe you can help my sister." he seemed really happy. Even though we often took classes together, I've never seen him smile so sincerely."What's about your sister?" I asked. I did hear her name from time to time but I haven't seen her since fourth year but since Sebastian was still around I figured she was living abroad.

Sebastian looked down and said seriously. "She is cursed... Goblins came to our village and when they noticed her, they cursed her. I still don't know how to remove the curse from her. That's why I'm here.Obviously a spell went wrong. I don't remember many details. When we're both healthy and fit to travel, would you accompany me to Feldcroft? Maybe you could help Anne."
I immediately nodded.

For the remainder of my stay in the hospital wing, Garreth did not come to see me. I missed him a lot but was really disappointed that he didn't visit me. At least he could have sent an owl. At the thought of him I got a feeling in my stomach again.

Sebastian was also a good conversationalist. We chatted a lot when he didn't got visited. But unfortunately he often had visitors when Imelda or other girls visited him. He was really very charming, but somehow I got the feeling that he always pretended a little when the ladies came to visit him. It really didn't seem like he had any romantic interest in Imelda or any of the other girls and sometimes, when he felt unobserved, he seemed different. Unemotional and more frigid. 

He was an enigma. I would have liked to know what was going on in his head.