49th chapter

Sebastian wiped the tears from my cheek and gave me a kiss. "I don't know what's going to happen, but we'll get through this together," he said, and let me give the correct password to the portrait.

We entered. Immediately, a number of people rushed up to him and asked how he could get better so quickly. "Didn't you see who was taking care of me? If Caelie and Sebastian take care of me, I can only be well again immediately. I can't show you the wound, it's freshly bandaged. Aunt Matilda will behead me when she has to rearrange them just because someone put their dirty fingers on them," he laughed. By Merlin's beard, Sebastian really studied Garreth, I thought to myself.

Jennie gave him a skeptical look and walked away. Had she noticed anything? I wondered.

"Come on Garreth, you wanted to finish unpacking your things.", I said lovingly and pulled him away from the others.

"Remarkable," I whispered to him as we turned him down the dorm room corridors. We entered the other's dormitory, but the room was empty.

"Caelie, sweetheart, you'd better unpack. Then we can meet outside in a moment. You know.", he winked at me. But I understood. He had sensed something. But she wouldn't show herself while we outnumbered her.

I saw as I walked that Sebastian placed Garreth's gramophone on his bedside table and began to bob along with the music, as Garreth often does.

Sebastian's point of view:

Come out, I felt you. Your aura is even darker than mine. Come on, Cressida, take the bait. Give me some fun, you nasty beast. Let me give you what you deserve.

I tried to imitate Garreth as best I could, so I began to move along with the music in a seemingly relaxed manner. I undid my tie a little and put my things in Garreth's closet. I thought my closets were full, but there were plants everywhere and his desk was stuffed from top to bottom. So I just looked for free places and pushed the stuff from the suitcase in between.

There were three photographs in his suitcase. I looked at them and immediately started to smile. Garreth had printed three copies of the photo we took at Feldcroft. One for each of us.

This photo wasn't just beautiful, it was absolutely perfect. You could tell it was a muggle camera and not a magic one, but I thought the picture was perfect just the way it was. At that moment the three of us were really happy. I immediately put it on Garreth's bedside table and chuckled to myself.

 I immediately put it on Garreth's bedside table and chuckled to myself

And it was the perfect trap. As soon as Cressida got a good look at this picture and how happy Garreth and Caelie in particular looked, she had to take the bait. She couldn't ignore that.

I felt a gust of wind on the back of my neck and turned just as Cressida was pointing a wand at me.

"Well, did you want to attack innocent people with diffindo again?" I asked softly and smiled at her. She turned deathly pale while my smile grew wider.

"You're not Garreth," she said panicked, taking two steps backwards. "Are you sure? Don't I look just like Garreth? And I sound like Garreth. I probably smell like Garreth. Then why would you think I'm not Garreth?" I asked softly while I grabbed her to caress her cheek. She was irritated and let me touch her.

"Your gaze is different. Ice cold. I didn't know those eyes could look so malicious.", she whispered.

My hand was resting on her cheek. I swung and struck.

Her whimpers were stimulating. I would have liked to kill her here and now, but I held back.