70th chapter

Sebastian's point of view:

Garreth and I ran into the woods. After a while he seemed to have picked up a scent. I followed him and when I saw a deer in the distance I started sprinting. I jumped openmouthed at the deer, which escaped me at the last second. I roared with rage. Shit, that's where our dinner runs away.

Garreth seemed to be trying to sniff something out again and I slowly followed him.

Again I saw a deer in the distance. It was even bigger than the one before. This time I snuck up and only sprinted just before I got there. I jumped onto the deer again, mouth open, as my teeth dug into its neck.

After two more solid bites, the deer was dead. Garreth bit one leg and helped me carry it. He was significantly gentler than me.

Together we ran back to the house with our loot. When we got there, we transformed back and I started cutting up the deer.

Caelie seemed to be inside. She had built an adorable grill just waiting to be lit. Garreth checked his potion and then went into the house. After a few minutes he returned.

He was standing in the doorway, looking concerned. "Have you seen Caelie? I thought she was in the house, but it's empty." he asked me. I shook my head as I was elbow-deep in the deer's guts.

Garreth walked out of the house and looked around. "She was in the barn, apparently trying to put up a chimney. But she's nowhere around," he said, looking even more worried than before.

"Maybe she went shopping?" I asked. "Her broom is in the house," Garreth answered quietly.I put the deer on the ground and wiped the blood off my arm. Garreth transformed and started sniffing. In the barn, he stopped. "There's no lead here," he said as he transformed back.

I walked over to him and we looked at the barn. No sign of a fight or anything else. "Maybe she Apparated? We can all Apparate." I interjected, but Garreth's worried lines didn't go away. "Caelie never leaves without writing a note. Even at my parents' house, she always left a note with the info where she is.", he said with a trembling voice, "I have a really bad feeling."

I took his hand. "Everything will be fine. Don't worry. Caelie is really strong." I said softly and hugged him, "Come on, we'll wait another hour, and if she's still not here, then we'll look for her. Okay?"

He just nodded. I had no doubt about Garreth's feelings for me, but I also knew that his love for Caelie was on a whole different level.

I've never seen anyone love someone so deeply before. Probably all the feelings I had for Garreth and Caelie weren't even close enough to compare with Garreth's feelings for Caelie.

And I've never felt so much love as I do for these two. But I actually worried less. I knew Caelie was a great witch and she could always fight back. But if Imperio has been applied? I asked myself.

He sat down next to the deer and continued gutting it, his leg shaking incessantly. He was dreadfully nervous. His nervousness infected me.

I went into the house and looked for a piece of parchment. I wrote a note for Caelie.

"If you're reading this, we're on the lookout for you. Please stay here, or leave a note where you're going. We'll come to the house regularly and check if you're here. Love, Sebastian."

I went outside again. Garreth's wobble had intensified even more.

"Come on, let's search now." I said. He nodded relieved, got up and went into the house. When he came out again he went to his cauldron, took probably fifteen vials and filled them in a hurry. 

He tossed one thing more into the vials and stowed it all away in his bag.

I got our broomsticks, gave Garreth Caelie's broomstick to put in his bag, and then we took off. We decided to look at the Weasleys first.