100th chapter

Garreth's point of view:

Everything around me was dark. Slowly, really slowly, the darkness cleared and let me see where I was. I was at my parents' house. I saw my grandpa.

"Grandpa! I'm so sorry. I'm sorry that I was such a stupid kid. I'm sorry that you died because of me." I burst out and I felt like crying. My grandfather came over to me and hugged me. "You don't have to be sorry, Gary. Come see what you've accomplished in your all too short life."

"Am I dead?" I asked quietly. He nodded.

"Fuck." "Don't worry, Gary. There's nothing you can do about it now anyway." "Neither would I, even if I could. I wanted to save Caelie. I just hope she and Sebastian get out of there safely." I looked at him.

He looked exactly as I remembered him. He looked almost exactly like Dad, only with slightly grayer hair and a little older. He still smiled at me as lovingly as he used to.

"Once you've looked at everything, we can talk further.", he said and left.

Suddenly the scenario changed. I saw Grandpa and me, even younger, standing in the basement of our house. We experimented. Something went wrong and the contents of the cauldron exploded. A few sparks flew through the air and burned our hair. We threw water over our heads and ran outside laughing.

With soaking wet hair we threw ourselves on the meadow in front of the house. We laughed. Grandpa grinned broadly at me and conjured an ice cream for each of us. I was 6 or maybe 7 years old. In the background, I could hear Jennie crying. She was still a baby.

I saw a lot of moments like this where Grandpa and I screwed things up. But I also saw the moments where we were successful and toasted to it with fresh cherry juice.

I saw grandpa lying sick in bed. No, he wasn't sick. It was the poison. I started crying.

I saw the first time I accidentally cast a spell and in the process set the chicken coop on fire. Mum was scolding me because she thought I was cooking out of boredom. Dad cheerfully threw me in the air. He had trouble catching me, after all I was almost 10 years old.

I saw myself going to Ollivander's in Hogsmeade and he handed me a wand that worked immediately. The twin wand for Grandpa's wand. I remembered how proud I was that Grandpa and my wand shared the same dittany plant stem as a core.

I remembered my first and only ride on the Hogwarts Express. I was in a compartment with Ereck, Cressida and Everett. I was excited. Nervous. I was the first child of my parents who attended Hogwarts. Ereck had already been there a year and was a model student. As a result, the demands were high.

I remembered standing next to a lot of other first years. We were standing in front of the lectern in the great hall. I saw a brown haired boy next to me who was talking eagerly to an equally brown haired girl.

But then my eyes fell on the girl who had just been called up, sat down on the stool and was then sent to Gryffindor.

She was gorgeous. Her dark red hair fell over her shoulders and her head was a bright red. I blushed too when I saw her. I didn't know what it was that was happening inside me. Actually, she looked like a normal girl, but somehow I found her different.

"Weasley, Garreth," Aunt Matilda said after a while. I sat down on the stool and she lowered the hat onto my head. As soon as he touched my first curl, I heard his voice. "Ah, a Weasley again. Gryffindor!"

I hated it. I've always been just another Weasley. Slightly embarrassed, I walked over to the Gryffindor table. It was quite crowded, and the red-haired girl was sitting on the very outside. There was still some space next to her. "May I sit down?" I asked shyly. She nodded and smiled at me. "I'm Garreth Weasley. I'm sure we'll be seeing each other more often now," I said embarrassed. She smiled at me and that's when it happened to me.