42nd chapter

I returned to Sebastian and Garreth. There was no point in talking to Solomon.

"And?" Sebastian asked. "We have to go. He says Garreth and I have to get your stuff. He says as soon as you enter the house, or we get back to Feldcroft, he'll report what happened to Black.", I said softly, "I'm sorry. I tried really hard to talk to him but no chance."

Sebastian nodded. He sat on the edge of the well and looked up at the sky. Garreth and I rushed back to the house. Garreth packed his and Sebastian's things together in no time at all. "Where can I find Sebastian's broom?" Garreth Solomon asked. "In the shed," Solomon replied coolly.

"Mr. Sallow, I'm sorry that you don't want to see why Sebastian did this. Hopefully, at some point, you'll change your mind about the boy. Sebastian isn't evil. He's desperate. And he would be less desperate if you would help him instead of putting stones in his already difficult path." Garreth said as we left the house.

I went into the shed and took out Sebastian's broom.

"I guess I'll fly back to Hogwarts then. Are you coming with me?" asked Sebastian. Garreth shook his head, "No, we're flying over to my house. All three of us. Seems like you're staying with us now. I wonder if my parents would mind. But I don't think so."

"We can also just go into our own house." I said and smiled at them both. Sebastian still looked very depressed but nodded. "You'll see Anne again, don't worry," I said, stroking his hand.We went into the floo powder fireplace and arrived at Ottery St Catchpole. Garreth unpacked our brooms, we fastened our suitcases and took off.

We ended up in front of Marlee's square house. "And this is really your house?" Sebastian asked in disbelief. I said, "Our house. All three of us can live here," while I looked at Garreth to see if he wanted to intervene, but he also nodded.

"But we have to rebuild something here, but I think that also helps to distract us," I said, "It still looks the same here as it used to. I just can't stand it."

I breathed in deeply and opened the front door. I went through the house and opened all the windows. As much as I loved Marlee, if I wanted to live here I had to change things.

"Garreth, Sebastian, maybe you want to make breakfast? Then I can at least temporarily change the color. Otherwise I can't stand it here.", both nodded to me. With my wand I went through the house. I began in the living room. I wanted the room to remind me of the Gryffindor common room a little. Therefore, I colored everything necessary.

In the bedroom, I wanted to create a sense of home for Sebastian and colored it in typical Slytherin colors.

Now it was significantly better. I cleaned the fireplace and dried some wood that I found outside to start a fire. Since nobody had lived here for years, I wanted to warm up the old house first.

I opened the wardrobe. Marlee was significantly bigger than me, so I knew her clothes wouldn't fit me, so I moved everything to my old childhood bedroom. I shut the door. I wasn't emotionally ready for this room.

I hung our clothes on the hangers and hung them in the closet. I placed Garreth's gramophone on a small table in the living room, stacked Sebastian's books on the bedroom desk. I took Marlee's pictures off the wall and looked at them. There was a picture of a young lad who reminded me a lot of Edvin. I brought the pictures into the children's room as well and put the picture with the supposed Edvin on top of the stack.

I took Marlee's soaps and brushes and brought them into the children's room. I placed our soaps in the bathroom. The house made a different impression now. Satisfied, I sat down on the old sofa and looked into the fire.

Sebastian and Garreth sat down with me and brought me my portion. Sebastian was still not particularly talkative, which is why we tried to distract him a little.

Slowly Sebastian's mood rose a bit. "Shall we just fly to my house afterwards? Then we can bring the rest of our stuff.", Garreth asked. "Do you really want to live here permanently now?" I asked in surprise. He smiled at me, "Sure. We're not disturbed here and I can moan as loud as I want... without my brother or my mum standing behind the door.", Garreth said, even making Sebastian laugh with it, "But seriously, why not? We can still arrange it during our holidays, and after we finish school we'll live here. By then we'll have a Floo powder chimney installed, and we'll be able to get everywhere quickly and easily. We can still be with my parents during the day, but I think we still have a lot to do here. The garden alone is full of unexploited potential. Just put a fence all around and magically protect it, and then we can grow the most useful plants Devon has ever seen."