31st chapter

The next morning, I woke up before Garreth. I freshened up and headed down the stairs. Jennie sat on the floor and practiced diligently again. All of the other Weasleys seemed to be still asleep.

"Good morning Jennie." I said with a smile. It was a beautiful morning. The sun was shining gently through the window. "Oh, good morning," she said, going back to her spells.

I decided to prepare breakfast to relieve Mrs. Weasley of some work. How many people were we? I did a mental count. There were seven of us.

I turned on the gramophone softly and let it play while I cooked. I made Garreth's and his father's portions a little larger, as Garreth was still busy growing and Mr. Weasley, I suspected, would need more nutrition with his legs healing.

When I was almost done, everyone came into the kitchen one by one. After I'd arranged the plates and Garreth still wasn't in the kitchen, I went upstairs. He was still in bed, sleeping softly, snoring. It was an adorable sight. His hair was criss-crossed, his strong but slender arms were folded behind his head and part of his chest was sticking out of the ceiling. I leaned against the door frame and just looked at him.

Suddenly there was a loud bang behind me. Armed with pot lids and spoons, Hector and Kay were making a lot of noise to wake Garreth. His snoring stopped and he took a deep breath. "SHUT OFF OR I'LL HIT YOU," he shouted at the top of his voice. The two boys ran as fast as they could down the stairs. Garreth stretched and looked at me.

"I didn't instigate them. I just stood there and looked at you as they came up behind me. Good morning, my Garreth." I said as I walked up to him and kissed him, "I've got breakfast done. Everyone is waiting for you.".

He slipped his pants on. He gave up his shirt and went shirtless downstairs and took his place. Every time I looked at him so intensely, the butterflies danced in my stomach. He was just so outrageously handsome.

"You did all this?" Garreth asked enthusiastically. I nodded contentedly. I wasn't a gifted cook, but I always gave my best. And today's breakfast tasted really good, unexpectedly.

After the meal everyone thanked me. "When do you want to go?" Mrs. Weasley asked me. "Depending on when you have time. We have nothing planned." I said. "Good, then get dressed and then we'll fly."

We went upstairs and dressed appropriately, grabbed our wands, Garreth his bag and then we went back downstairs. We went outside and started flying together. I had a queasy feeling. I haven't been in this house since Marlee's death. Back then, the Weasleys picked up everything I owned and brought it to their house. This house has been empty since then. I didn't know whose it was now, but that person obviously preferred to let it rot rather than sell or tear it down.

We arrived. It looked exactly as I remembered it. As soon as I put my broom in front of the house, I started to cry. Garreth took my hand while Mr. Weasley opened the door.

I entered. It also smelled just like I remembered it. It felt as if Marlee had been here yesterday. If I hadn't seen her body at the time, I wouldn't have believed that she had been dead that long. I took a deep breath and looked around. Nothing has changed. There wasn't even more dust lying around than there was before. The rustic wooden furniture hasn't changed, and even the plants that were scattered around didn't dry up. The stone walls were still light and unpolluted. I didn't understand how that could have been possible, but apparently Marlee used spells to make the job do itself.

"I'm looking for information about my parents. Marlee knew them and I'm hoping to find out something about them here. I want to know why they left me.",I said while wiping the tears from my face.

We split into two groups and started searching. Garreth and I started in the living room while Mrs. and Mr. Weasley started in the bedroom. We pulled out each book and looked to see if there were any relevant slips of paper. Marlee had a habit of keeping notes in books. To this day, I still have no idea why she did it.