33rd chapter

Morning broke and we were both woken up by a loud knock on the door. "Good morning, please get up slowly, we'll be leaving soon." I heard Prof. Weasley say.

We got up, got dressed and went downstairs with our suitcases.
We placed our suitcases with the others as Prof. Weasley, Mr. Weasley, Jennie, Hector and Kay were already greeting us. The others slowly trotted out of their rooms and assembled in the living room.

Mr. Weasley was still counting off the plates while Prof. Weasley was handing out the portions. Garreth sat down on the large sofa, pulled me sideways onto his lap, I hugged him and we waited for the others.

The sofa gradually filled with a group of red-headed people, Elaine and Gwen being the exceptions. My hair was different from the Weasley's, it was very, very dark, but also red. You could hardly see it in the dark, but especially in the sunlight, it shimmered in a deep red hue.Jennie handed us our plates and sat down with her own on the floor in front of us.

We ate in peace and especially the younger ones showed how excited they were. When everyone was done, Mrs. Weasley ran through what everyone was supposed to take. Then everyone grabbed their suitcase and we went outside.

A considerable number of brooms had gathered outside, which Pelleas distributed to everyone. Everyone fastened their suitcases and off we went. We flew back to Ottery St. Catchpole. Arriving at the fireplace, everyone stowed their brooms in an enchanted pouch that Prof. Weasley held out to us.

Little by little small groups went into the chimney. Garreth and I got on second to last. We stood hand in hand in the fireplace as Garreth said where the fireplace was supposed to take us.The next moment we were standing in another room. It wasn't the same room like last time. "Don't worry, last time I wanted to show you downtown as well. Grandma lives a little further away." Garreth said and smiled at me.

We left the fireplace and went through the door. The sun was shining pretty hard, so my eyes needed a moment to get used to the light. The other Weasleys stood a little further ahead, waiting for us. Behind us, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley brought up the rear and pushed us on.

All around were beautiful mansions with decorated front gardens. We were walking a few doors down when Prof. Weasley opened the gate of a huge front yard and stepped through. Everyone else followed her.

"Great-grandpa Arthur passed this house on to his children. However, my grandpa Septimus wanted to go to England and he built our house there with Grandma Iseult. The house here is of course pretty cool, but to be honest, I like our house more. I like the charm of the self-made." Garreth enlightened me with a smile.

Suddenly he stopped and reached into his pocket, "I almost forgot. Here, I brewed this for you. Now you should be able to understand and speak our conversations in French with your current knowledge. I'm not 100% sure, if it works, but it's worth a try I think. I drank it and at least didn't have any weird side effects," he said proudly. I gratefully accepted the bottle. "Don't worry, I've brewed several liters, as soon as you have trouble understanding someone, I can give you a new bottle. But try to pick up and internalize as much as possible. After all, you will probably come here regularly in the future," his cheeks blushed as he said this.

I emptied the bottle and kept walking. I didn't feel any difference to before. Maybe, the potion only works when it has reached the stomach, I thought to myself.

We walked down the long path to the house. At the door, Garreth's grandmother was waiting. "Hello dear ones, we missed you so much!", she called out to us. I looked at Garreth, amazed. "Your look tells me that it works.", he grinned at me happily.

"Garreth, you've grown again! And your lovely girlfriend is finally coming with you. Oh, that's nice.", his grandmother said happily. "Hello Mrs. Weasley, I'm Caelie and I'm glad to see you again," I said a little shyly. "Oh, cut the formalities. I'm Viviane. You can call me by my first name, or you can just call me grandma, like Garreth does. Actually, I'm not his grandma, I'm his great-aunt," she laughed and gave me small kisses on my cheeks.

We entered the house. It had a huge bright entrance hall with two large curved stone staircases. "Wow Caelie, you speak really good French.", Garreth said with a chuckle. I was absolutely in awe of the sheer size of the house. It was really huge.

"Oh Louis, nice to see you!" Garreth exclaimed, pulling me towards his cousin. He stood across the hall and waved to us. A beautiful brunette woman was standing next to him. She was holding a small baby in her arms. "Hello Garreth, hello Caelie. It's nice that you're here together this year. Oh right, Caelie doesn't understand me," said Louis and was just about to clear his throat when Garreth interjected: "Yes, we practiced together and I brew her a potion, she understands you." he said relaxed.