80th chapter

Garreth looked at me in shock, "Really?". I nodded.

He sat down and covered his face with his hands. There could hardly have been a more inopportune moment than this, so I didn't feel angry with him.

He began to cry. "I'm sorry Garreth," I said quietly. He took his hands away from his face and looked me in the eyes, confused. "What are you sorry about?" "Because now is probably the worst possible time for it."

Garreth leaned back on our home sofa and smiled softly. "No Caelie. I'm happy.", he said and caressed my hand, "Of course I miss Sebastian. But he's right. We cannot stand still and do nothing. We can't throw our lives away. And believe me, I miss him every day, but maybe a little baby is just what we need.It distracts us. We have a task. Then we've got something worth going on for. And maybe...it's his."

For the first time in months, Garreth's face looked truly happy. His cheeks were slightly flushed and his beautiful green eyes were shining.

"Let's go to Mum's and have her check it out," he said, standing up. We got on our broomsticks and flew to the Weasleys' house.

We went in and saw that Fayette and Edvin were there too.

"Oh, what are you all doing here?" I asked, irritated. "Caelie, we've been talking about what to do. We see how much you're suffering. And we want to help you in some way," Edvin said softly.

"It's fine, I've adjusted our meds. We're feeling better. Also, we might have some amazing news." Garreth said, "Mum, can I talk to you for a minute?"

Gwen and Garreth walked out of the room. "What's going on?" Yvain asked confused. "Please wait for Garreth." I answered and sat down. My feet used to hurt so quickly.

Gwen rushed over to me, her wand in hand and lightly placed the tip on my stomach. Her mouth dropped open. "Mum? Is everything alright?" Garreth asked, slightly panicked. Gwen nodded, smiling broadly.

"There are two fetuses. They are twins," she said, looking at Yvain, "Honey, we're going to be grandparents."

Fayette and Edvin looked at each other in amazement before they started smiling.

"And, since when?" Fayette asked. I knew exactly what she was getting at. "It must have happened just before Sebastian left." Garreth said, beaming. "So it could be that they are Sebastian's children?" Edvin asked. Garreth nodded happily. He knelt down next to me and put his head on my stomach.

"That would be wonderful," he whispered quietly.

I groaned in annoyance, "Garreth now have to sew my dress. I'm sure I won't fit in there next month.". Garreth chuckled lightly, "Caelie, this husband-in-a-weeks and dad-in-a-few-months is very good at charms. I can handle it, don't worry. It's best not to worry any more," he said, nudging my belly lightly.

I could see Edvin wiping tears from his eyes. "So we're going to be grandparents then." Yvain said and took a sip of coffee.

We kept it to ourselves as much as possible and planned to announce it at the wedding. We are looking to the future with more positivity. We couldn't do anything about Sebastian's situation. We still missed him enormously, but now we had a reason to keep going.

The day of the wedding drew ever nearer. Garreth worked even harder than before with Sirona and prepared everything with her while I rested. Garreth worried a lot about me and wanted me to rest as much as possible.

My belly was getting bigger and bigger, but I was still able to hide it a little.

Lying on the sofa in the common room, I thought about how the children would look. Was it Sebastians or was it Garreths? I caught myself feeling particularly happy at the thought that it was Sebastian's child. Garreth and I had time to have children for the rest of our lives, but Sebastian didn't.