13th chapter

I exited the common room. Sebastian meanwhile sat on the floor leaning against a wall. As I approached and he noticed me, he stood up.

"What was that?" I asked him. "Hi Caelie, nice to see you too" he laughed. He lowered his gaze. "I can't stand that Weasley guy. I know he's your friend but..." he didn't finish the sentence but lifted his head and gave me a soft smile. "Thank you for trying to help Anne. That means a lot to me."

We got our brooms and went into the courtyard. "It's best to just fly after me. Are you good at flying?" asked he. I nodded.

We got on and off we went. I visibly stayed behind Sebastian and I saw that he often turned around and looked at me. After half an hour we reached Feldcroft. We dismounted in front of a nice little house. Sebastian closed his eyes briefly and took a deep breath.

"I don't want my uncle to know about our attempt with your power, so please don't contradict my statements, even if they aren't all entirely true."

He opened the door. A tall, dark haired man with a gray beard sat at a round table in the center of the large main room. He didn't look that old, but he seemed to have been through a lot. His eyebrows rose. "Sebastian? What are you doing here? And who is that?" he asked while pointing at me. "Uncle Solomon, this is Caelie Lewis. We're in the same school year and have become good friends for the last two years, so I thought it would only be appropriate to show her around my hometown. Where's Anne?"

"Anne is at Monica's for her pain therapy. Have you come up with some nonsense to annoy Anne with or were you homesick?" answered Mr. Sallow as he grabbed a newspaper and started to read. "When will Anne's therapy end?" Sebastian asked without going into the rest. "She went over a few minutes ago, so it'll be a while."

Sebastian turned to me and smiled broadly at me. I recognized without effort that it wasn't an honest smile but that he was seething inside. "Well then we still have a lot of time. Come Caelie, then I can show you the village while it's still light," he said in a seductively friendly voice and left the house. I nodded to Mr. Sallow, who didn't notice as he was staring at his newspaper.

Sebastian ran quickly and firmly to the edge of the village and only came to a stop behind a chestnut tree. He swung back and kicked the tree with full force.

"He pisses me off so much. I hate him so much. I'm so happy when Anne and I can finally move out of here." he said. He looked at me and took a deep breath. "I'm sorry. It's all too much for me at the moment."

He sat down and leaned against the tree he just kicked. He bent his legs and wrapped his arms around his knees. His gaze wandered into emptiness. "I don't know how to help Anne if things don't work out with you. I have no idea what to do next and Solomon dismisses it as if Anne's curse is irreversible, while not even trying to help her."

I sat down beside him and looked at him. His cheeks were reddened from his anger. He had his eyes closed and was trying to calm himself.

"But I can't watch my twin sister suffer just because some filthy goblin cursed her. There must be some way. Ominis hardly wants to help me anymore because he is afraid of the magic I'm learning to find a cure for Anne. But I'm just afraid of seeing Anne suffer to the end of her life and -" he broke off and stood up. He offered his hand to pull me up.

He was looking particularly handsome right now. He wasn't wearing a robe and after the flight he also took off his jacket and vest. So he was still wearing a white shirt with the sleeves rolled up a little, his now loosened Slytherin tie and gray checkered trousers.

I grabbed his hand and let him pull me up. When I was standing, I got a little dizzy, probably because I got up so quickly, and felt myself tipping over a bit. Sebastian placed himself in my fall path and held me tight. I just looked ahead, his chest right at the level of my head. I leaned my forehead against it and could feel his heart racing. 

An enchanting smell hit my nose. I stayed like that for a few seconds until I was able to regain my confidence on my own feet. I looked up and looked at him. I was never that close to him but now I could see him perfectly. He also had a lot of freckles, but they were far less noticeable and a little less than Garreth's. Partly because they were a little lighter than Garreth's and partly because his skin tone was a bit more tan. But it was a perfect fit for him.