72nd chapter

Caelie's point of view:

Everyone seemed to have calmed down slowly. Sebastian and Garreth sat down and listened to Philippe.

"I know I'm babbling a lot right now, but you know, when you're always all alone, it all comes out," he said, a little embarrassed.

"How long has it been since Rousel was killed?" I asked. "Two years. But it still feels like he was with me last week. The pain just won't go away," Philippe replied.

Philippe really was a very kind person. He seemed to feel the same as Ominis. Ever since he kidnapped me yesterday at noon, he's been really treating me kindly. He wasn't a bad person. He was just really desperate. He had already apologized for the kidnapping a dozen times, but I understood him. I would never have voluntarily accompanied him.

"Good, Philippe, then I have a request for you. Teach me Sangulor.", Sebastian said and looked at Philippe. "Sebastian, you can't mean that seriously!" Fayette said angrily.

"Yes, I would like to be able to use it in the worst case. These people don't deserve anything else.", Sebastian said and looked at Fayette coolly. "I can do it. That would make you the first person outside of the de la Lune family to master this curse. I don't know if you can use it, but I can show you how it works," said Philippe easily.

"I want to learn it too." I said. "Mum, I understand your skepticism. But Sebastian is absolutely right. I'd rather be able to do something and not use it than not be able to do it when I need it. That's why I know two of the three Unforgivable Curses. I don't think that knowledge should be hidden. You should be able to defend yourself. If I couldn't do that, I wouldn't be alive today," I said, looking at Fayette. Fayette nodded slightly.

"And, Garreth, how many can you do?" she asked him. "One. The Imperius Curse. I once saved Sebastian's sister's life with it.", he said gently.

"These curses aren't inherently evil. Well, except maybe Crucio. But Imperio can also stop people from doing stupid things without hurting them, and Avada Kedavra is a much gentler death than burning someone alive with Incendio. Garreth was almost killed earlier in the year. With diffindo. A Household Spell.

Nearly every spell can be used for evil. And neither I, nor Sebastian, nor Garreth are evil people. Yes, we've all made our mistakes, but always out of desperation. I'm not a blank slate either.

When a girl pretended to be me with Polyjuice Potion and mounted Garreth without his knowledge, I almost beat her to death. Without any magic at all." I said softly and looked at Fayette, who looked at me in shock and nodded again.

"You're right, Caelie. Ed, learn it too. Learn it together," Fayette said softly, looking at Edvin. He nodded. We got up and walked towards the training dummies. Garreth remained seated with Fayette.

"Don't you want to learn it too?", I asked sceptically, but Garreth smiled lovingly at me, "As with Crucio, I decline with thanks. That's not my style. You know me."

Garreth and Fayette started talking. Philippe stood in front of us and showed us the wand movement. It was remotely reminiscent of the motion of a small flame in the wind. "And then, of course, you have to say the formula 'Sangulor'.

Test it on these dolls. They're enchanted, and I've put a blood circuit in them. With my own blood. When the dolls turn red, the blood is hot.

I took a deep breath. I mimicked the wand movement, closed my eyes for a moment and said "Sangulor". My doll looked the same, but Sebastian's turned as red as our Gryffindor robes after the first try. He looked at me a bit embarrassed and amused at the same time and sat down again.

"Impressive performance," said Philippe appreciatively. "Yes, being faster than the one who carries the holy blood is indeed a good achievement," he called out to us, and then joined Fayette and Garreth in the conversation.