66th chapter

Caelie's point of view:

Adaliz stood in front of me and stared at the bearded salesman. I looked confused at Garreth and Sebastian, who both smiled at me. I looked back at the salesman and saw tears streaming down his cheeks from his golden eyes.

"Caelie," he said quietly while Adaliz gave him a warm hug. My heart was beating like crazy. We made it. My father stood in front of me.

I didn't know what to do. I just felt myself start to cry. All of a sudden I had a thousand questions in my head. I was incapacitated.

I just stared at him. He wasn't much taller than Sebastian. As Adaliz stepped aside, he stood in front of me and hugged me while we both cried.

"Why didn't you ever get in touch with me?", I asked, crying loudly, "At least a sign of life. At least to know that you don't hate me and why you gave me to Marlee. Any explanation. Anything."

He cried just as miserably as I did, "We were scared. My parents were murdered and later Marlee was murdered too. We wanted ye to have a happy life. And when we were on our own two feet in Iceland, ye were already staying with your friend's family," he said, "We didn't want to burst into yer life overnight and take ye out of there."

"But how did ye find us?" Edvin asked, "No, wait. I'll close the shop and then we'll fly home. Are ye okay with that?"

I didn't know what to answer. Adaliz nodded happily, and Garreth and Sebastian followed.

We went outside. Edvin picked up his bag and locked the door. We walked without a word to the end of the village and took off.

"We live a little over 50 kilometers away from here. Away from civilization," he said quietly as we flew over the Icelandic nothingness. Edvin was looking concerned. I wondered what was on his mind.

In the distance, after a while, I saw a large volcano. A lake had formed in his crater. It looked absolutely picturesque. Edvin didn't talk much. I got the feeling he had a lot going through his head too and he didn't know where to start.

Next to the wide crater I saw a green meadow and many trees. Someone had obviously helped out here with magic. Edvin slowly lowered himself. As soon as we landed, I saw a lady with blond hair. That must be Fayette. She looked at me and slowly walked towards me. We really looked alike. Suddenly, I heard a loud "DADDY!", and saw a young, dark-haired girl hug Edvin.

All of a sudden I felt an immense anger rising up inside me. They had left me in England and had a second child afterwards? My jaw clenched, which Sebastian quickly noticed and put his hand on my shoulder to calm me. I wanted to scream. I wanted to lash out.

"Keep calm, Caelie," Garreth said softly. Adaliz looked shocked as well. Edvin took the child and moved a little to one side. Garreth and Sebastian grabbed me left and right and pulled me aside. 

From a distance we could hear Adaliz and Fayette arguing in French while they both howled.

The pain and anger within me increased. What should stop me from torturing all three with the Cruciatus Curse? "Hey Caelie! What are you thinking about?" Garreth asked turning me to him. "I want to cause someone pain," I said truthfully. "I know. It's the first time I've seen such tremendous darkness in you." Garreth said, concerned.

"If you want to hurt someone, do it to me. I still owe you Crucio to me," Sebastian said, placing a hand on my cheek. I didn't hesitate and slapped him. "I'm definitely not going to use that curse on you. Are you crazy?" I asked irritably, "I'm sorry, it's not your fault. But seeing this really hurts." I said and felt myself start to cry again. I could still hear Adaliz raging in the distance.

I heard Adaliz getting louder again. Sebastian hugged me and didn't let go. Rarely in my life have I felt so betrayed. I felt worthless and unnecessary.
Apparently we were called, at least Sebastian broke the hug and we went back.