59th chapter

"Garreth, did you have to bring up the 'blood traitor'?" asked Gwen, annoyed, as we arrived in the long hallway. "Mum, do you know who that was? A Gaunt. They're the descendants of Salazar Slytherin. We're all trash to him anyway. We've heard enough stories from Ominis," Garreth said.

"Mrs. Weasley, I have to agree with Garreth. Ominis told us how much his brothers liked to use the Cruciatus Curse on him. Perilian too," said Sebastian.

"Why did you actually state that you live with us? Well, not that it would be bad, but it was surprising.", Yvain said and smiled friendly at Sebastian. "Well, Solomon finally kicked me out of home. All my belongings are already in Caelie's house.", Sebastian said, sounding a bit depressed. "In our house, Sebastian," Garreth remarked with a smile, while I nodded in agreement.

Natty walked alongside us. "But Ominis also seems like he's interested in dark magic," she said softly. Sebastian had to laugh a little. "Yes, he seems like it, but no, Ominis hates dark magic, his family, his lineage, his abilities and everything related to it. He's probably told me 300 times that he'd rather be a muggle," he said softly. Natty raised her eyebrows. "Really?" she asked in disbelief. The three of us nodded.

"Well, dear ones, I'll be returning to Hogwarts straight away," Matilda said. "Professor, may I accompany you directly? My mother didn't know about our trip and I don't want her to worry," said Natty.

They both said their goodbyes and disappeared down a floo powder chimney. We returned to the Weasleys' home with the Portkey in the form of a kneazle figure in Yvain's office.

"Portkeys are really useful." Sebastian was amazed. "Well then, I'd say the three of us are going home now. Mum and Dad should be able to enjoy the rest of the weekend too. Oh mum, I'll take some ingredients with me, okay?" Garreth asked. Gwen huffed and nodded.

We said our goodbyes and got on our brooms. It was a really pleasant Saturday midday, so we made two benches and a table out of some wood for our garden.

We got more and more settled. Sebastian decided to add another room in the basement and occupied himself there while I planted hedges to delimit our garden. Garreth was cooking and doing some magic. We all wanted to make ourselves really comfortable.

That's how the next few weeks went. My birthday fell on a Friday so Garreth didn't have time to prepare a big cake, but he and Sebastian gave me a gold hair clip with some small rubies to wear to our wedding. We passed our Apparation exams with flying colors in mid-May, further speeding up our travel between Hogwarts and our house, and we sometimes went home after school.

The holidays were getting closer and closer. Sebastian had tried to contact Anne several times, but she didn't want to see him.

Lately he had withdrawn further and further and intensified his research on the relic, so that he sometimes flew away alone to investigate different things. Garreth and I were worried, but Sebastian assured us not to do anything stupid. We knew it wasn't possible to stop him anyway, so we just rejoiced every day he came back to us healthy.

It was June 3rd, the holidays only started three days ago and we were packing for the trip to Iceland when someone knocked on our door. Garreth cautiously opened the door. Ominis stood outside and gasped.

"Sebastian... Feldcroft... Inferi... He's in the catacombs. He's in danger. Anne said he was in there and since then more and more Inferi have been appearing.", he continued to pant.

Immediately we got dressed and Garreth threw several bottles in his bag. We left the house, took Ominis hand, and I Apparated us to the Feldcroft Catacombs.

"The only way to get rid of those things is with fire!" Anne yelled behind us. We ran past Anne and into the catacombs. There were really, really a lot of Inferi. With Bombarda, Confringo, Incendio and Garreth's explosive brew, we quickly fought our way deep into the catacombs.

Ominis accompanied us until he stopped suddenly. "Why didn't I think of that sooner? Sebastian is not in danger. I think he controls the Inferi. He said he now knows how to use the relic. Anne will call out for Solomon. I'm trying to stop her. Keep going, try to stop Sebastian. If anyone has a chance to talk some sense into him, it's you. Good luck!" Ominis said, running outside.

We went on. Countless inferi emerged from the ground and attacked us. We went deeper and deeper into the catacombs until we finally saw him.