52nd chapter

After the meal we said goodbye to both of them and went for a little walk through Inverness. Orla had explained to Sebastian where the Lewis house was and told us that the house was empty to this day. According to the records at City Hall, Edvin owned the house, so we should take a look.

We walked until Sebastian stopped in front of a lovely half-timbered house. He went to the door, opened it unobtrusively with Alohomora and entered. There were numerous photos on the walls, apparently of Edvin with his parents. We kept looking around and I found my parents' wedding photo. I picked it up and looked at it.

They both looked amazing. Edvin had his dark locks tied back and was wearing a beautiful suit, while Fayette's head was adorned with a wreath of flowers while she wore a gorgeous yet simple white dress.

I put the photo in my pocket and kept looking around. On the upper floor stood a wooden cradle engraved with "Caelie". There were also many pictures hanging here, which apparently showed me with my parents. There were countless, small, moving images of me lying asleep on Edvin's chest while Edvin slept too, or walking along the shore holding Fayette's hand. There were so many wonderful pictures. I found one especially beautiful. It was a photo of us three. We all looked so happy.

It pained me to think that we were being robbed of our happy life. I also put this picture in my pocket. "Caelie, look at that!" Sebastian called out to me. I walked up to him and he happily handed me a photo.

It was a larger, moving photo again, showing a group of people. In the front row were four little children. I saw a dark haired girl on the left who kissed the dark haired boy next to her on the mouth. The boy was still holding a girl's hand, which looked confusingly similar to the boy. Holding the second girl's hand was a smaller blonde girl who was laughing happily at the camera.

It showed us. Me, Sebastian, Anne and Elva. "That there is a photo of it.", Sebastian said happily and kissed me. "Apparently it wasn't Elva that was my first kiss, it was you.", he smiled at me extremely contentedly with shining eyes. "Ha! If I tell that to Garreth! He'll be green with envy!", he laughed.

I looked at the photo a little more closely. My parents, Sebastian's parents, Marlee and Orla with their husbands, and my grandparents, whom I recognized from the photos on the first floor. This photo was a real treasure. Also for Sebastian.

"Caelie, we should still investigate the cave, where we can probably find the last triptych piece, but the cave is guarded by many goblins and we will surely have to fight our way in there." Sebastian said thoughtfully as we left the Lewis' house.

"That didn't stop us from doing anything beforehand. We're both a good team. A really good team. We can do it." I said and gave him a kiss.

"Actually, I wanted to wait for Garreth too. But we're running out of time. Anne dies every day that I don't do anything. She's slowly dying. I want to help her. I want to save her. Even if she doesn't want to see me," he said desperately, "We have to get to the shore of Lake Marunweem. And we should take enough essence of dittany with us."

We used the Floo Powder Chimney to get to Marunweem faster and flew to the coast. When we arrived there must have been two dozen kobolds in front of the cave in a large encampment.

Sebastian was a great duelist and I did my best to keep up with him. In my pocket were several vials of Garreth's explosive brew. When Sebastian was farther away I threw the vials at the goblins. As soon as the vial shattered on the floor, there was a loud bang and a fire broke out. A few goblins flew through the air and hit the ground dead.

I was impressed. But that was Garreth's style of fighting. Garreth was extremely quick and capable of combat-ready spells, but it was obvious that neither he nor his wand were made for combat.

I was already hurling countless curses and spells at the goblins with Sebastian again while I was thinking about Garreth. I missed him so much.

When there weren't many enemies left, I decided to keep working on my special magic. I had to picture it precisely.

I held out my hand, closed my eyes, and saw in my mind the goblin that was running towards us being ripped to pieces. I opened my eyes and looked at the goblin. He was dead and bleeding profusely on the ground. "Well done!" Sebastian shouted at me, "Keep going. Train to control the power."

Sebastian changed his fighting behavior and paralyzed and knocked back opponents instead of killing them outright.

Again I imagined how the goblins would die. I went through various scenarios. Sometimes I threw one on the ground over and over again, sometimes I dropped one on an anvils and boxes that were in the goblin camp. It worked. I was able to even kill with precision.

For the last goblin present, I imagined only his heart being ripped out of his body. When I opened my eyes, there was a lot more missing than his heart. Half of the torso was gone, leaving a gaping, profusely bleeding wound.

In no time at all Sebastian took my hand and ran with me to a cave entrance. We kept walking, clearing out the remaining goblins and making our way further in.

"Hm, apparently it's an old goblin castle in here. Wonderful. More goblins to kill.", Sebastian said smiling while we walked hand in hand deeper into the underground castle. Sebastian was left-handed, so we could stay armed and still hold on to each other with our free hands.

Some time and many goblin corpses later we still hadn't reached the end of the castle. In front of us was a collapsed staircase that led down even further. We slowly climbed down the slope and stood in a large hall.

Sebastian gave me a satisfied smile. We had already come this far. We were dirty and our clothes were stained with the blood of countless goblins. Suddenly everything started to tremble around us and a few seconds later we saw the reason for the tremor. A full-grown mountain troll saw us and ran towards us.

"Oh shit! No wonder there aren't any more goblins here!" Sebastian yelled, slightly panicking while pulling me aside. Behind one of the huge stone pillars, we breathed deeply. "And now?" I asked, panicking. "What choice do we have? Fight! If we don't survive this," he began, pulling me out of the trolls' line of fire again, "If we die here. I want you to know that I really love you.", he called to me as we split up.

"I love you too, Sebastian, but please. Don't die!" I yelled across the hall, drawing the troll's attention to me.

He ran up to me. It's now or never, I thought to myself in panic and held out my hand. I imagined him being torn to pieces like the goblins did. I opened my eyes again as the troll's cudgel just missed me and I heard Sebastian yell "Accio!" in panic. I flew through the air, landing in Sebastian's arms. "What was that about? It almost crushed you!" Sebastian said in horror.