25th chapter

Prof. Onai, Natty's mother, entered the classroom. She eyed me and Sebastian, irritated that we were holding hands, and turned to the class, which made Sebastian reluctantly let go of my hand.

"Hello everyone. Today we're going to read the future from tea leaves," she said kindly. Most of the class groaned in annoyance. "Please turn to your partner and start directly." I was just about to turn back to Sebastian when Natty tapped me. "I understand that you have more eyes for him than for me, but you're my partner," Natty said, cheekily sticking his tongue out at Sebastian, who just realized that he now had to work with Duncan Hobhouse. He returned Natty's cheeky gesture with a grin and turned annoyed to Duncan.

We drank our tea and then I handed Natty my cup and she gave me hers. "Look Natty, that looks kind of like an antelope, doesn't it?" I showed her her tea set. Her eyes widened. Prof. Onai came over and took my hand out of the cup. "Ms. Lewis, you have a very good eye, keep up the good work," she said, smiling all the while. "Um Caelie, look at this." She held out the cup to me.

I saw three smiling faces. I looked at Natty. "Take a closer look. Who do these faces remind you of?", she said while looking at Sebastian. And indeed. Left reminded of Garreth, the one in the middle seemed to represent me, and the one on the right Sebastian. "Fascinating," I said amazed, "And you didn't manipulate the result?".

Natty shook her head. She wasn't the person for pranks like that either. For her and her family, divination was of great importance. I continued to stare at my tea leaves. I turned to Sebastian and tapped him. I held out my cup to him. Did he see the same? He took the cup from my hand and rotated it. "That's the two of us and Weasley," he said in amazement, unable to shut his mouth when he looked at me.

I was surprised. I've always found Divination pretty dull but this result piqued my curiosity. "What is your result?" I asked Sebastian. "I would like to know that too, but Puffskein Dunkein is still checking my tea leaves.". "You shouldn't call me that!" Duncan said angrily, leafing through his book wildly. He held out his cup to Sebastian. "I was going to look for at least one positive result. You have the quill, a rat, a net and a pair of scissors depending on the angle and rotation." "And what's that supposed to mean? Am I going to die or what?" Sebastian asked amused. "No, but your life isn't going to be fun, Sallow." Duncan said annoyed.

"As if it ever was. My sister is ill, my parents are dead and my uncle is an unemployed alcoholic," Sebastian said seriously. He leaned back. "Yes, and what's my result?!" Duncan asked curiously. Sebastian started to smile and held out his cup, "Warning, it's a puffskein... just kidding, looks like a saw. I have no idea what that means.". Duncan leafed through his book and then looked dejectedly at his tea leaves.

"Well then, everyone bring your cups to me and we'll evaluate it together," said Prof. Onai. I looked desperately at Sebastian, I certainly didn't want to evaluate this result in front of the whole class. Everyone stood up and went to the center of the circular room. "Ms. Lewis, Mr. Sallow, you too please. Come to the front."

I gave Sebastian another despairing look before he took my hand and walked me to the center of the room."Well then, go ahead and get started, Mr. Sallow," Prof. Onai instructed Sebastian. He rolled his eyes and started listing everything Duncan had seen. He also remarked that he hadn't expected anything positive anyway, and at the end of his explanation made a small, annoyed curtsey, which made me laugh out loud.

"Ms. Lewis, then take over directly, please.", Prof. Onai said, annoyed by Sebastian's reaction.

I blushed bright red and turned my cup towards my classmates. "Awesome portrait of you and your two guys!" Everett exclaimed, laughing out loud. "It's nice that everyone really sees the same thing. Prof. Onai, do I really have to say more about that?" I asked her and held out the contents of my cup to her. She looked at me first, then at Sebastian, and then blushed herself. She shook her head and I walked back over to Sebastian and Natty.