64th chapter

Garreth threw down his bag, transformed and happily jumped into the water. He widened his eyes, came back out, shook himself off right next to us, and transformed back into Garreth. "Oh Merlin. The water is freezing," he said, using his wand to remove the remaining water.

"What do you expect? It's not as warm here as in Devon.", I said laughing out loud.

We flew a little further away from the stony beach and set up our camp in a meadow. There were few trees and therefore away wood. Sebastian decided to go hunting and transformed into a lynx. As he ran into the distance I got an idea.

As a squirrel, I decided to look for food. Garreth took Marlee's basket out of his pocket and walked with me. I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply.

I caught a sweet smell and started running. Garreth rushed after me as quickly as he could. However, since he was significantly taller, it was a bit more difficult for him to get past the broad bushes.

"Caelie, stop, I'm not that fast. Ouch, thorns again," he lamented. I stopped and looked at him. He placed the basket on the ground and transformed. He took the braided handle from the basket in his mouth and ran after me.

As a dog, he could walk quite well under the bushes and his thick fur protected him from scratches by thorns.

We found many bushes with blueberries, blackberries and wild strawberries, which Garreth diligently gathered before turning back into a dog. When our basket was well filled, I sat down in the basket and Garreth took us back to camp.

Adaliz had already started gathering some twigs in order to be able to at least make a small fire. 

She looked at us happily when she saw the berries. Garreth transformed back and began carefully sorting through the berries. After some time, Sebastian came back to the camp.

His mouth was smeared with blood and he was dragging a dead sheep behind him. "I think there will be haggis tomorrow!" he exclaimed happily as he placed the dead sheep next to the fire pit for us.

"Um, Sebastian, you should wash your face." Garreth said with a smirk. "Hm? Why?" he asked confused. "You've got sheep's blood all over that." I laughed. "Oh shit," he said, transforming in the air and running toward the beach.

Garreth grabbed a knife, a frying pan and a large pot. When Sebastian came back, Sebastian and Garreth took off their shirts and started gutting the sheep.

Adaliz saw the deep scar on Garreth's chest and looked troubled. "Garreth, what happened there?", she asked concerned. Garreth looked down at himself and looked confused at Adaliz. "Didn't mum and dad tell you anything?" She shook her head.

"A classmate tried to kill me," he said, while his hands disappeared between the sheep's innards, "I was in a coma for two weeks because the wound wouldn't close."

"Why did she want to kill you?" said Adaliz, shocked. "Because of me. Out of jealousy because I had Garreth and she didn't." I said quietly. Again I saw Garreth lying in front of me, about to bleed to death.

I felt my stomach constrict. Panic spread. I looked over at Garreth. I tried to remind myself that he was healthy. He brushed his hair back from his face with his wrist and accidentally smeared some sheep's blood on his forehead.

I became nauseous and began to choke, which I tried to suppress. The panic inside me was growing, which Garreth noticed as well. "Shit!" he cried out in panic as he jumped up and dried his hands on his lying shirt. I couldn't see anything anymore and felt my body no longer obeying me. It was different than with Imperio. I fell backwards, feeling like I couldn't breathe.

I didn't land on the hard gravel ground. I opened my eyes and saw Garreth standing over me, holding my head. I saw that he was speaking, but it was a while before I could hear him again. "I'm fine, Caelie. I'm fine. I'm here. I'm fine," he said softly.