27th chapter

After we left the undercroft, Sebastian put his arm over my shoulder and kissed my head.

"Hey Sebastian, is it still fun to use your new third-class toy, or are you already looking for something better?", we heard a girl's voice behind us. Sebastian turned around vigorously, whispered a "wait here" to me, and went to the girl. It was Imelda. Sebastian walked towards her slowly and smiling. I saw that he spoke to her briefly as her head turned red.

A moment later she ran past me, sobbing. I looked at Sebastian, startled. "Well, sometimes it doesn't need a Cruciatus Curse to really hurt someone. Though I didn't even play all my jokers. I was really just politely explaining to her who that toy was right here and that there was a reason why I didn't show myself with her in public.", Sebastian said calmly and put his arm around me again.

The following days always followed the same pattern. School, detention, studying, French lessons with Garreth, enjoying some free time before it was time to go to bed again.

Friday dawned and until the end of the last lesson, the day passed quite unspectacularly.

Sebastian and I had already arranged to investigate the cave near Feldcroft. Garreth chose not to accompany us, preferring to practice spells with Jennie, Hector and Kay. In particular, Jennie had been bugging him for days that Garreth should definitely show her more magic. And he didn't seem particularly enthusiastic about the fact that we were still exploring.

Sebastian and I met in the entrance hall.

"Have you got everything?" Sebastian asked me as he kissed me in greeting. I nodded, "Garreth even brewed us some vials of essence of dittany!" I said happily, "He gave me his bag with some vials of various potions. He says I'd better have them with me and not need them than the other way around. Also, it's enchanted and we can pack our brooms in later. Undetectable Expansion Spell." I held a bottle of essence of dittany in front of his beautiful face. The essence of dittany was very color intensive. Normally essence of dittany is a bit yellow, but Garreth's was significantly stronger and seemed a bit thicker than the ones we brewed in class. "Caelie, why does this look so... strange?", Sebastian asked and took a closer look at the essence and shook the bottle.

"It's Garreth's special recipe. It might take a bit more effort to brew, but overall it's probably a lot more potent than regular dipta essence. Don't worry, he cooks it more often. That's actually okay.", I laughed. However, Sebastian's skepticism was still clearly visible. "You really don't need to worry about that. Garreth tries a lot, and things often go wrong, but he knows his stuff. He brewed his father a potion that allows him to grow new legs after his was destroyed by an attack has lost.", Sebastian's eyes widened in surprise, "Really? Are you serious?". "Yes, of course! His parents just sent us a photo earlier this week. Garreth didn't know if it would work, since the injury was so bad, but yes, it did. It worked," I said proudly . "That's really remarkable.", Sebastian said still in disbelief.

Together we went to the yard, got on our brooms and started our little journey. We were flying maybe fifteen minutes when Sebastian gave me a hand signal. I stopped next to him. "Well, we're almost there. We're going to land a little to one side so we can stow our brooms and whip out our wands. Then I'd say we walk the rest of the way. I want the element of surprise to be on our side." he said while looking into the distance. 

I nodded and we flew a few more meters before we descended behind a rock. I opened Garreth's leather bag and we packed our brooms inside.With drawn staffs, we walked cautiously in the direction of the camp. "Ready?" Sebastian asked. "I'm ready when you're ready," I replied. Sebastian gave me a nod. 

He ran into the middle of the camp and yelled, "INCENDIO!".

A dozen goblins charged at him. Panic got the better of me. I reached out my hand again, the blue light was visible and a moment later all the attacking goblins were on the ground. It looked as if they had been torn to shreds again. Sebastian, who was standing in the midst of the dead goblins, was unharmed.