97th chapter

After eating with the Weasleys, the six of us returned home. It really felt right.

In the coming weeks, Sebastian settled in with us again. He got along well with all the children, and at Eddie's request began teaching him to play the bagpipes. He was especially happy about that. It was clear that he and Sebbi had a connection, but being able to teach Eddie something made him really happy.

Sebbi and Sebastian often retired together to read or practice magic.

When the children slept, two or even three of us often retired to the secret basement room to do all sorts of practices. Thanks to Garreth's ointment, the bruises were gone the next morning.

Almost everything was perfect. We were already planning our second wedding diligently. Garreth personally clarified the marriage with John, who already married us, and it was no problem to catch up on our three-way marriage. It was to take place on the 13th October, 1900 at 2 p.m.

This time nothing stood in the way. The summer was really wonderful. We were finally all really happy.

Now the only thing left to do was to meet Ominis. We didn't know if we'd find him or how he'd react. Sebastian even suggested letting it go, but no, that wasn't an option for Garreth and me. Ominis was responsible for all the pain and suffering that Sebastian and also Garreth and I went through. We couldn't ignore that.

August came and Jennie picked up the children to travel with them to Viviane and the others. Jennie knew we would be on our way, but we didn't tell her the details.

Garreth prepared himself again beforehand and brewed masses of different potions again, while Sebastian and I trained a lot.

Fully packed and prepared, we grabbed our brooms and took the Floo Powder fireplace to Dublin. A few years ago, Garreth and I went there to do some shopping.

From Dublin we flew west to the province of Connach, in County Galway. From there, we flew to the four cities that Sebastian considered likely.

The Gaunt family apparently had their property on Lough Corrib, so we kept a safe distance from there.

We had made up our minds to be guided by Garreth's wet dog nose. Sebastian still had an old book at home that Ominis had read several times, and Garreth could recognize his scent from it. We landed in the first town and found that he could barely detect a distinct smell due to the people.

We kept trying anyway as we explored the city on foot.

We asked some of the residents if they knew a blind young man, but they said no.

It was of course quite daring to search in a region and in a country where we had no more precise clues than what Sebastian told us, but we wanted to try. If we really failed, then so be it, but at least we would have tried and we wouldn't have to blame ourselves for failing.

Very relaxed we strolled through the first city and also through the second, before we went to an inn to sleep there.

Together we snuggled up in bed and just enjoyed that we were all together.

The next morning we had breakfast at the inn before we went to the third city. After a while, Garreth stopped and sniffed. He began to search. Apparently he had at least found a lead.

He started running. We ran after him. We ran out of town in the direction of a small forest. He continued to run. Still pretty sure on target.

We found a small stone house in the middle of the forest. Garreth transformed back when the house came into view. "In there. He's in there. Him and Anne. And someone else, but I don't know who that person is," he said softly.