40th chapter

The three of us woke up together and got up. Garreth went straight back into the kitchen and started preparing breakfast. Apparently, Anne and Ominis were still sleeping. Sebastian was in the bathroom, so I wanted to make sure they were okay. I opened the room door and peeked inside. Anne was lying with her head on the foot of her bed, Ominis was lying in the bed that was across the back wall. They were still asleep and held each other's hands while they slept.

My heart melted a little. It was a beautiful sight how both of them slept so relaxed and held each other tightly.

I checked Anne's breathing and snuck out again when I heard Ominis. "Please don't tell anyone," he whispered, barely audible. "Of course not, but you have to be careful, you sometimes blush conspicuously.", I answered, and at that moment he blushed too. I left the room smiling and let Ominis enjoy his togetherness with Anne.

Sebastian came towards me, but I closed the door in front of him. "I've just checked on Anne. She's sleeping, she's breathing, she doesn't have a fever. It's all right. Let them both sleep.", I said, and shooed Sebastian away from the door. I could literally feel how happy Ominis was that I had blocked Sebastian.

Sebastian stood next to Garreth and let him explain what he was doing exactly. Garreth looked delighted at his explanation. I knew he liked being able to explain something to someone, provided the person had a genuine interest in the subject.

They looked so good standing side by side and cooking together. Garreth was wearing a plaid shirt with the sleeves rolled up and a brown waistcoat over it, while Sebastian was wearing a white shirt, black waistcoat and my Gryffindor tie.

Garreth was a few centimeters taller than Sebastian, but Sebastian was slightly wider than Garreth. Both were perfect in their own way.

I just sat there with my head on my hands and watched the two of them. I was thinking of our future. Would it work in threes? The two got along well by now and I was worried that one day things would change. How would it go then? I tried to shake the negative thoughts off of me and just enjoy the moment.

Suddenly I heard a noise. The front door opened and Solomon Sallow stepped inside. Without a word, he sat down in one of the other chairs and read his newspaper.

"Mr. Sallow, would you like to have breakfast with us?" Garreth asked as kindly as possible. "In my own house, I can expect that." He snarled. Garreth turned back to the food and snorted loudly.

"You don't have to huff, either, boy. You're standing in MY kitchen, in MY house. You're using MY pans, MY oven and MY knives," he said without looking up from his newspaper. I saw Sebastian tapping Garreth to keep him from answering.

"Sir, I cook with MY ingredients and I only offer them something because you are Sebastian and Anne's uncle. And I also use MY knife because yours are dull and rusty. And while I treat you with the utmost respect, I can expect at least minimal courtesy from you." Garreth said, glaring at Solomon.

Solomon put down his newspaper and looked at Garreth. "Who do you actually think you are? You're no further than the half-strong son of an incompetent father and a bitchy mother. You and your parents are no less arrogant and cheeky than Sebastian and his father."

Garreth, contrary to Solomon's expectations, laughed out loud. Solomon's head turned red with anger. "Sir, it's not arrogance to know what you can do and what you want to achieve.""Get out of my house." Solomon said furiously. "No. I was invited here by Sebastian and Anne. Maybe you should slow down a bit and not tackle everything and everyone who wants to be friendly to you.", Garreth answered calmly.

"I told you to get out of my house." Solomon said loudly, pointing his wand at Garreth, "You cheeky brat have no business here."

Garreth smiled softly, "Mr. Sallow, do you really want to attack me? You narrowly escaped incarceration in Azkaban at the last trial. Do you really think that if you attack the seventeen-year-old son of a respected and high-ranking Ministry official and friend of your nephew and niece, that you will not be imprisoned forever?", Garreth asked, his face still relaxed and his floured arms crossed in front of his body.

Solomon shouted out in anger, grabbed his newspaper and left the house again.

Anne and Ominis stood in the doorway of the adjoining room with their mouths open and watched the spectacle. "Weasley, you're lunatic," Sebastian laughed, punching him in the arm for fun.

"What happened?" Anne asked and sat down. "I offered your uncle breakfast and he started insulting me, Sebastian and our parents. And I won't put up with that. Not when I know why he's unemployed. He attacked a muggle for no reason.

And my father went to great lengths to keep him out of Azkaban because of your situation. He thought you'd miss him." Garreth said.

"I would probably really miss him.", Anne said sadly, "When we are all alone he is really nice to me and tries to help me as much as he can."

"It wasn't my intention to evict him either, Anne. Absolutely not, but he threatened me.", Garreth said and put a hand on her shoulder. "Besides, he'll be back. At the latest when we're back at Hogwarts. Don't worry about that. I think you're the only person in this world he doesn't hate.", Sebastian said and gave her a small kiss on her hair .

Anne smiled again. Sebastian and Garreth distributed the breakfast.

"Wow, that looks fantastic. I don't even know if I can eat that much," Anne said softly. "Yes, your brother really tried," Garreth said, picking up his plate. I stood up for him to sit and sat on his lap.