Closer

(A/N: I don't own the images above)

~Control - Halsey~

Emina looked down at her side, eyeing the phone, charger, and earbuds she was gifted with. It really was considerate of Keigo to get these for her when she may end up back in her old reality. She had bought herself her own things in case she did stay, but figured if she was sent back, he could just get a refund or sell all her stuff. Now he got her a phone, most likely on his own phone line? As she picked up the phone, she really couldn't believe how good he was being to her, and she thought she didn't deserve it, the words that her mother, coworkers and neighbors used to pierce her with still tormenting her mind. It all faded, though, when Emina saw the little red feather charm attached to the phone, an affectionate smile spreading on her face as she knew Keigo got it to remind her of him. She was surprised as she tilted the phone closer to her - the phone had lit up and showed a default lock screen instead of the set-up tutorial. She figured he also got it ready for her to use on his way to her, but she decided to change a few things anyway, such as adding a passcode and scan recognition as well as putting her display on dark mode. She looked through her default apps, and as she looked in her contacts, she was surprised again to find Keigo's number already on there, having named his contact 'Hawks'. Just as she found his contact, she received a message from him.

Hawks

Hey, Angel! 😁 how're you liking your new phone?

Emina

Wow, you messaged me right as I found your number on here lol. It's pretty cool, way better than the one I had in my old reality, though this one's more bulky, I guess. How's work going?

Hawks

😂 Yeah, the phone I got you is a really sturdy and secure version. I have the same one, figured it would be safer for us to talk through without anyone listening in. And it's going ok, caught the usual baddies around the city. My shift is almost done, so I'm gonna head over to Musutafu in a bit. Don't miss me too much while I'm gone 😉

Emina

That's good 😊 and I'll do my best not to lol, be careful out there Birdie

Hawks

😮 Oooo, new nickname! 😃 Can't wait to hear more from you, Angel 😁

Emina snickered at that, feeling a bit giddy from messaging him. She feels like when a girl first starts dating a guy she really likes - in that honeymoon phase, though Emina isn't dating Keigo, and they're just having a friendly conversation. She got up and went to make herself something to eat, searching through her phone for YouTube. After downloading the app and signing in as a guest, she searched through the music videos, and was surprised and excited to see this dimension has the same songs and artists as her former one. So, she clicked on Twenty One Pilot's 'Blurryface' album and sang along with the music, gathering ingredients to make an egg sandwich.

Emina spent the rest of that day and the next day by herself. She had received a message from Keigo after dinner that he hasn't found All Might yet, so he was going to stay the night at a hotel before continuing in the morning, claiming to have the day off the next day. As they settled in bed to sleep, he sent her a selfie of himself at his hotel room, smiling with a peace sign as he sat back on his bed. Emina shyly sent him one back, smiling and waving in return with a light blush on her face. Neither of them told the other that they had saved the delivered photos as their home screen for their phones.

Throughout the next day, she didn't receive any calls or messages from him, but the orders she purchased online were delivered to her, the intercom by the entrance of the penthouse buzzing with the delivery guys announcing that they had arrived. However, she wasn't sure how she was going to get the packages, wondering if they were going to leave them at the lobby or bring them to the penthouse. Not wanting to risk them taking back the packages, Emina went to the lobby nervously, and the delivery men were confused to see her instead of Hawks. After she tried telling them a few times that she lived with Hawks and the packages were for her, the men finally decided to just send a verification email to the hero to see if she was telling the truth. It only took a minute for them to get a confirmation, and the men apologized before giving up the packages and leaving. Emina was a bit bitter about the encounter, not liking accusations towards her after years of going through that with her mother. She took her packages back to her room in the penthouse and left them on her bed for a moment, only bringing a set of new clothes and her soaps to the restroom and taking a shower first before putting everything away.