Punishment

(A/N: wow, last chapter was so long 😓 this one is just a filler continuation of last chapter, but we're gonna get some more Keigo content 😁 hope you guys enjoy! Also I don't own the pics-)

~She Is - The Fray~

~3rd POV~

Keigo was antsy all day. He knew who was going to judge Emina's exam. The Commission President had even ordered him not to tell Emina or be involved that day in the exam, as if knowing how protective he'd be with her. Yes, he would have been protective, but he also wanted to go and see how well she did, to cheer her on and congratulate her the moment she passed. Emina seemed okay with the fact that he couldn't say anything when she was leaving, as well as when she arrived in Kyoto and texted him. However, Keigo immediately sensed when she realized who was going to judge her. Her body tensed and rapidly heated up from her anger at the President's presence, though she did well to restrain herself. Keigo tensed and felt chills run down his body when he had tried comforting her and she responded darkly with the promise of punishing him upon her return home.

Trying to brush off his anxiety and fear of what may come, Keigo went around the penthouse and cleaned, washing his and Emina's laundry. He had tensed when he sensed the building she was in rumble from an explosion, then her be near another explosion while rescuing someone in a fire. As soon as he noticed her exam was done, he messaged her in hopes that she'd reassure her safety, anxious that it wasn't a part of her exam and the villains she spoke about before were finally making their move against her. To try and distract himself while she finished at the exam site, Keigo snooped through Emina's container under her bed, curious about what was in it. He found her sketchbook and jewelry, then her nail supplies. Noticing that her nail polish was unused, he considered making her take time off after U.A.'s entrance exam tomorrow so she could pamper herself, maybe get her nails done at home or he could take her to a spa nearby. Then he found her notebooks - two of them were unused, but one was already written in, being labeled 'Music'. He looked inside and was surprised to find the first couple of pages filled with music staves and notes. He didn't know what they read since he wasn't a musician himself, but he's seen something similar before in the past. He wanted to ask Emina about it when she got home, how she was able to do something like this and if she was a musician in her past life, but he was afraid of her getting upset with him for going through her stuff without asking. He was already in trouble with her for not telling her about the Commission President attending her exam, and he didn't want to make her even more angry.

As Keigo put her belongings back where they were, Emina finally messaged him back, saying that she's fine and the explosions were a part of the exam. He sighed in relief, but sensed she was still in a sour mood, so he didn't message her back. He wondered if she had passed or not, but decided to wait until she returned home to find out. So, he cooked them dinner as he waited for her, deciding against chicken this time and making beef instead in attempt to appease Emina, or at least her quirks. He made nikujaga with rice, had a new bottle of wine delivered for them to have with the food, and once everything was prepared, he paced anxiously around the house. He straightened anything out of place that he spotted, paced some more, then sat down at the couch and tapped his foot, antsy and afraid of how Emina will feel when she returned.

Keigo perked up and immediately went to the door when he sensed her arrive at the apartment building and taking the elevator up, unlocking the door and opening it for her in preparation to welcome her. "Hey, Angel! Welcome home." He greeted her with a warm smile as she got off the elevator and walked to him. He felt uneasy when she just glanced at him with barely a smile on her face. "Hey, Kei." She replied dully, walking past the threshold and removing her shoes and jacket with a sigh. Keigo frowned at her response, immediately having his feathers take her stuff to her room for her, and massaged her shoulders, feeling how stiff and tense they were. "Are you okay, dove? How did the exam go?" He asked, and she grumbled as she rested her head against his chest, not bothering to hug him back as he held her. "I'm fine, just tired. It's been a long day." She muttered, her voice a bit muffled from being pressed against him. He swallowed thickly, his throat feeling dry as he contemplated what she meant. Did she not pass? Was it too hard for her? Did the President give her a hard time or fail her on purpose? He had tried giving Emina her space since she got upset with him, but he regretted it now, wanting to know what that woman said to her before she returned home. "Did you pass your exam?" He asked, and he felt even worse for her as she remained silent.