Quirk Apprehension Test

(A/N: For the canon chapters, I'm not going to put in any music.)

"Thanks again for letting me stay with you and Izuku for the time being, Midoriya-san." I said with a polite smile and bow as I stood outside the entryway. Today was the first day of school, and I had to head in early to debrief with Principal Nezu. I was leaving the Midoriya apartment in my hero costume with my visor settled on top of my head, my purse strapped underneath my jacket and my necklace tucked safely inside my jacket pocket. "Of course, Ōkami-san. No need to keep thanking me. You can stay as long as you need to." Inko replied with a warm smile as she held the door open for me to leave. "Alright. I'll head out first, then. See you later!" I bid, waving goodbye as I turned to leave. I jogged over to the stairs and went down to the parking lot, where it was secluded enough for me to shift with Sera and fly to school. "Emi-san!" I heard Izuku call behind me, and I paused and looked to him after half-shifting, watching with a warm smile as he ran up to me. The boy had gotten more used to me, and now thankfully calls me Emi instead of just Emina, though he keeps using the honorifics. "What's up, Izuku?" I asked, and he panted a bit to catch his breath real quick. "D-Do you think everything will be okay at the school?" He asked nervously, and I immediately knew what he meant - will he be okay at the school. I just ruffled his hair affectionately, making him shrink away and blush a bit in embarrassment. "It'll be fine, honey. Your teacher and some of the other students might try to scare you, but don't let them get to you. Keep your chin up, and you'll be fine. You'll find a way to keep yourself in the race." I encouraged him. He seemed to become more determined, but there was still a bit of fear in his eyes as he nodded and clutched onto his backpack straps. "Okay. Thanks, Emi-san." He said. "No problem. You better get to your bus before you miss it. I'll see you at school." I replied, nudging him back. He nodded before jogging away, and once he was a safe distance away, I bent my knees a bit while unfurling my wings then shot into the sky, leaving a huge gust of wind behind as Izuku watched me fly away.

With Sera's speed, I got to the school within a minute, slowing down and landing at the main building entrance before walking in as her form dissipated. The students that had arrived early watched me either curiously, in awe or warily, finding the new hero and teacher interesting. At one point, I saw Hitoshi Shinso as one of the many who were looking at me, and I couldn't help smiling mischievously at him, excited to befriend him. He had flinched a bit before glaring at me and walking away, making me chuckle. At another point on my way to Nezu's office, I saw the 'big three' - Nejire, Mirio and Tamaki. They had noticed me as well, intrigued by my presence, and I had offered them a warm smile and a wave hello. I had surprised them, Tamaki immediately becoming bashful and hiding behind Mirio, who had just as instantly grinned and waved back. Nejire was simply surprised by my greeting, her eyes wide and her hand over her mouth like she didn't expect me to greet them. It made sense - I'm the newbie teacher, how could I possibly already be friendly with them or know anything about them?

Soon I arrived at Nezu's office, knocking politely and entering once I was called in. Nezu was already sitting at his desk with his usual smile, hands folded as he looked at me patiently. "Good morning, Principal Nezu." I greeted as I bowed to him. "Good morning, Reverie. I hope you didn't have any trouble on your way here." He said, and I shook my head. "That's good. No Amaya this week?" He asked. "No. I thought it best for her to stay with Hawks during the first week away to keep him company." I replied, and he hummed with a nod. "Eraser Head will be fairly disappointed with her absence." He mused, making me chuckle. "If things turn out well this week, I'll treat him with her presence next week." I joked, but he got a more serious look in his gaze. "On that note, is there anything we have to prepare for this month?" Nezu asked, and my smile dropped, a frown forming as I contemplated the timeline. "There will be a hero course lesson for the 1-A class at USJ either this or next month. The schedule will be stolen by an outside source while the press will try to meet All Might before the day of the lesson, and villains will infiltrate the school in search of him, but will attack the students, Eraser Head and Thirteen in the process. We can try bringing in a few more teachers just in case to protect the kids, but I'll do my best to protect everyone until reinforcements arrive." I explained. "Is there no way to secure the school?" He asked, but I shook my head. "They'll be using a warp gate into USJ and radio waves to disrupt the security alarms and communication systems. No one except those in the facility will know about the attack when it happens." I said. "Will there be any casualties?" Nezu asked. "As I said, I'll try to keep it from happening, but it will only be Eraser and Thirteen. Eraser will be hurt the most by the ringleader and his top asset, but I'll trade spots with him during the fight. I'll be protected if I fight with Sera, and Shadow can help protect the kids." I replied. He hummed in thought before nodding reluctantly. "I suppose there isn't much we can do. Do what you have to, Reverie. I trust you'll keep everyone safe." He told me, and I nodded firmly. "Of course, Principal Nezu." I said, confident that I can change the story for the better.