U.A. Sports Festival Pt. 7

"Thanks for waiting, everybody! The first of the second round is a big match! The man who won a huge victory in the first round and literally left the audience frozen- From the hero course, it's Shoto Todoroki! On the other hand, this guy barely made it past the first round! What kind of fight will he show us this time? From the hero course, it's Izuku Midoriya!" Mic introduced. I was already standing beside Nemuri on the podium, having went ahead of Izuku after leaving Endeavor and cheering the boy on a bit beforehand. My arms were crossed as I gazed seriously at the two rivals, but I couldn't help worrying a bit about Izuku.

"The first match of the second round! At this year's sports festival, both have shown top class performances! It's like two great rivals fighting against each other! Now- Midoriya versus Todoroki! Start!" Mic screamed as the two boys poised to fight, Izuku holding his right arm out while Shoto had his right foot forward. Shoto immediately spread his ice across the ground, the ice rising up in spikes, and Izuku defended with a flick of his middle finger, stopping and shattering the ice with a burst of wind. Shoto kept himself from being knocked back by putting an ice barrier behind him, but covered his face with an arm to shield himself from the harsh wind. When the wind settled, it was revealed that Izuku injured his finger in the countermove.

"Wow! Midoriya stopped Todoroki's attack!" Mic said in amazement as the crowd cheered. Shoto and Izuku went for the same tactic, causing Izuku to now have his index and middle finger damaged. His expression was in an aggressive grimace, the boy determined to fight while trying to suppress his pain. "He stopped it again!" Mic exclaimed. The boys did the same moves again, resulting in Izuku damaging his ring finger. 'He's losing the number of fingers he can use while trying not to use his limbs instead. Either way, if he keeps this up and reuses his damaged fingers, he might just shatter his bones. Hopefully it won't be too bad that Recovery Girl won't be able to heal him. If it gets too bad, though, I might have to stop him. He's looking for an endurance match, after all, and like me and All Might, he won't quit until he's crippled or unconscious.' I thought as I carefully watched Izuku, only giving Shoto a few glances since I knew he wouldn't get too hurt.

Shoto shot out another flurry of ice, causing Izuku to sacrifice his pinky to defend himself, blood spurting from the appendage as he winced in agony. As he tried recovering from the pain, Shoto took the moment to run forward, using his ice to create a platform for him. "Todoroki doesn't recoil from Midoriya's power and gets in close!" Mic said, and seeing this, Izuku switched his stance to his left, dropping his injured right hand and preparing to sacrifice his left middle finger. He successfully shattered the ice platform, but Shoto leaped up to attack from above. Izuku dodged as Shoto landed in a kneel, his fist hitting the ground and creating more ice, the ice quickly going after Izuku and catching his foot. Knowing Izuku was about to break the ice again, Shoto put up another barrier behind him. However, Izuku gave up on using his fingers and readied One For All in his whole left arm. 'Oh god, this kid...!' I thought as I straightened with wide eyes in alert.

Izuku punched forward, creating an enormous blast of wind pressure that stirred up the entire stadium. He succeeded in breaking the ice, but only managed to knock Shoto on his butt instead of breaking his barrier and knocking him out of bounds. His left arm was now damaged as Shoto stood, moving aside an ice pillar while his right side had traces of frostbite from his ice overuse. The two-toned boy tilted his head a bit as he let out a breath of mist, looking practically unfazed by the fight, though he was trembling a bit from his cold. Izuku noticed this and gritted his teeth as Shoto spoke to him, the other boy glancing up at the glowering Endeavor. Shoto soon shot out another stream of ice, prepared to immobilize Izuku as he believed he could no longer defend himself. "Todoroki keeps attacking with overwhelming power! Here comes the finishing ice attack!" Mic exclaimed, and I felt my shoulders completely tense as I stared at Izuku, my wings tucked and raised stiffly as the tip of my tail flicked anxiously.