Week 4 Day 5 Pt. 1

(A/N: I don't own this pic, I'm just using it as an example of the Midoriya apartment interior)

"Okay, we'll be back later. Be careful out there, Kei." I said in slight worry, caressing Keigo's cheek with one hand while my other gripped the strap of Amaya's cat carrier. We were standing on the balcony of the penthouse, Keigo preparing to leave for work that morning while I was in Sera's Halfling form, ready to fly to Musutafu. I was going to see the Midoriya's today to talk with Inko about staying with them during the weekdays for school. I had on formal-casual clothes - my button up shirt with dark jeans and ankle boots - along with a bit of eyeliner and lipgloss. Strapped across my body and resting on my hips were my purse and cat carrier, Amaya completely content and ready for the flight. She's gotten used to the fast speed and height after flying so many times with Keigo and I.

However, I was a bit nervous with leaving Keigo on his own at work today. For the past couple of days, we had been working together, either on different sides of the city or having each other's backs in patrolling. A few times we'd come back with a few scrapes and bruises from whatever scuffle we were in with a random villain or criminal, but we'd always be there to patch each other up before having lunch and doing paperwork together. Today's the first time in a while that I'd be leaving him on his own - it's not that I don't have any confidence in him, because I do. Without a doubt, he's one of the most skilled people I know, earning the right for his place as Number 3 Pro Hero, soon to be 2 at the end of the year. I just couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen while I was gone.

Keigo just chuckled at me and kissed me softly. "I'll be fine, dove. Call me when you're on your way back - let me know what happens, if Midoriya-san lets you live with her and her son during your workdays. If she says no, I'll begin looking for some places for you to rent near the school. You can decide which one you want once you're back. Don't worry about the apartment payments either. I'll co-sign with you so if you can't make the payments, I'll do it for you. Besides, if you get a place of your own, we'd have some privacy for the days I'd be able to visit you." He told me, holding me gently by my hips and smirking suggestively at the end, and I giggled, moving the hand on his cheek to the side of his neck, watching my thumb rub his skin affectionately as I chewed on my lip nervously. "Thanks, Kei, and I know. I don't know why - I'm just getting a bad feeling for some reason, like something's gonna happen to you and I won't be there to protect you." I replied. I knew my anxiety was getting worse when I felt my teeth get sharper and saw my nails turn into claws. It wasn't just a gut-feeling I was getting. Shadow and Sera could feel it, too, through their animal instincts and 'mating bond' we have with Keigo. Shadow was pacing in my mind while Sera was wide awake, scanning through my perspective and on alert for any potential threats. It made it a bit hard to breathe, and my shoulders and the back of my neck were tense.

Keigo just smiled warmly at me and kissed me again. "Like I said - I'll be fine. It's probably just a bit of separation anxiety after being together for so long." He chuckled, but my eyebrows furrowed at how casual he was making this. "Just in case, you and your sidekicks stay on alert for anything, and if something happens, call me immediately. Sera will help me get there within a few minutes." I told him, and his smile widened as he rolled his eyes. "Baby bird, I'm always on alert. But if it'll make you feel better, I'll have my sidekicks keep you on standby." He replied. "Okay." I accepted reluctantly, and he kissed the top of my head before stepping back, flapping his wings to hover above me. "See you later, Angel!" He called with a cheeky grin, then took off to his agency. I sighed and picked up the insulated bag next to my foot. Inside were Tupperware containers filled with potato curry, rice and salmon filets that I cooked myself. I had to have Keigo taste-test the curry, though, since I don't like it myself, and because of how good I was making it, I had to keep him from picking at and eating most of it. I figured bringing food as a guest would be the polite thing to do, sort of like a peace offering. Amaya meowed in question at me, and I glanced down at her from her bag. "Yeah, we're heading out now. Hang on." I replied.