Day 1 Pt. 1

(A/N: I'm going to stop saying that I don't own pics at this point because I clearly don't, and will say otherwise for my actual pictures either in the beginning or end of the chapters. I'm also not gonna put songs for these fillers because I'll die from searching for the perfect songs-)

~Emina's pov~

I suppose it's the protective instincts in me that makes me a light sleeper. Before in my old life, I used to be like this when it came to my family's rambunctious cats or when I babysat my nephew, then when I was being threatened when I lived by myself. I grew out of that habit as I lived with Keigo, finding his presence safe and comfortable enough to sleep more easily. That went out the window when I brought Amaya home, returning me to my light sleeping state.

I wasn't sure what time it was - it was still dark outside when I woke up to the sounds of Amaya mewing and crawling around in her makeshift bed, apparently trying to climb out of it in search of something. I groaned a bit from my sudden waking, but rubbed my eyes in preparation to get up and take care of her. Keigo seemed to have woken up as well, soothingly rubbing my back with the hand that was keeping me pressed against him in response to my movements. "Do you want me to help her?" He murmured in question, but I shook my head, pecking his neck for his considerate offer. "Go back to sleep, Kei. You have work later. Try to get as much sleep as you can so you're ready for the day. I'm okay with taking care of Amaya." I told him softly before carefully getting out of bed, trying not to wake him up more. He nodded with a yawn and fell back to sleep, having only been awake enough to sense me and Amaya being awake.

I quietly walked to Amaya's bed and found her trying to climb over the pillows, already almost halfway over once I reached her. I snickered softly at the determined kitten and gently picked her up, making her mew at me in protest as I padded out of the bedroom. I took her to her cat box and set her on the litter, patiently watching her sniff and shuffle around a bit before she finally peed. As she covered up her soiled litter, I went to grab a trash bag in case she pooped, prepared to clean it up when she does. When she didn't after a minute and was just meowing at me, I took her out of the box and let her wander around a bit as I put the bag back, then got a bit of food out for her. Once I set a small portion of her wet and dry food in her bowl and made sure she had some water as well, I guided her to the bowls and let her have her fill for a moment. Once she was done, I set her back into the cat box just in case she needed to go again, and after a minute of nothing but her meowing, I took Amaya back to bed. I made sure she had settled back to sleep, then went back to bed myself, softly sighing as Keigo brought me back into the cuddle in his sleep.

Luckily, that only happened once in the night, and the next time I woke up was to an alarm going off. I knew I didn't set any alarms on my phone, so it had to be Keigo's, probably to wake him up for work. He sighed and grumbled as he pulled away from me, grabbing his phone and turning the alarm off. I felt him move back closer to me as I stayed half asleep, and he gently brushed my hair back before kissing my forehead. "I know you're barely awake, dove. Go ahead and sleep longer. I'll take care of Amaya and make us some breakfast before I head to work." He told me softly. "Her medicine..." I mumbled in reminder. "I'll be sure to give it to her." He assured, and I sleepily hummed back in acceptance. He kissed my head again before getting out of bed, and I heard his feathers fluttering around the room as I fell back to sleep.

I next woke to feeling the bed sink next to me, then someone rubbing my shoulder and moving aside my hair to pepper kisses on my neck. "Angel, breakfast is ready." Keigo sang to me softly, and I smiled as I turned to look up at him, finding him already smiling at me. "Okay, Songbird." I replied, my voice light from just waking up as I stretched a bit, and he blushed while his wings fluffed a bit from the nickname. He helped me out of bed as he tried hiding his face with his arm, but I chuckled as I pulled his arm down, giving him a kiss once his face was exposed. "No need to be shy, Birdie. You're cute when you blush for me." I teased softly, and he blushed more as his wings fluffed further. "Angel, stop." He whined while tucking his wings behind him and burying his face in my neck, holding me close to him to keep me from seeing how flustered he was. I laughed and ran my fingers through his hair. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I can't help the teasing - you really are too cute, Kei." I said, and he grumbled against me. "I'm supposed to be handsome and cool, not cute." He muttered, and I giggled. "You can be cute, too. You know, I watched an anime in my old life that once said that calling someone cute was a way to say that they loved them. It was mainly the female protagonist and her mother, but one of the male protagonists said it in attempt at flirting with her. So me saying that you're cute is another way of saying that I love you, just like when I say you're handsome or I call you by a nickname." I told him as I massaged his scalp, and he turned his head to give me his baby bird eyes. "Really?" He asked in a slight childish tone, and I smiled at his attempt to be more adorable. "Yes, my love." I agreed before kissing him. His wings fluttered happily behind him as he hugged and kissed me back, making me smile.