Day 1 Pt. 2

~Emina's pov~

I quickly lifted the collar of my shirt up and sneezed on it, groaning a bit afterwards from the sudden reaction. "Ugh, is someone thinking about me?" I grumbled in question. As I let go of my shirt, I noticed the feather on my necklace was fluffed, like Keigo was reacting to something. Then I realized he probably heard me singing through his feather. I chuckled and covered my face in embarrassment that he heard me. I don't remember when it started, but I became shy and bashful growing up whenever I sang or played music in front of my family. It embarrassed me when they would praise me, and I eventually stopped practicing or performing in their presence. I usually do so when I'm alone, but now that Keigo knows that I can sing and possibly play an instrument, he might want me to perform for him. What if he doesn't like it? What if I mess up and humiliate myself? "Shut up with the 'what if's already. It's so annoying." Shadow growled at me, having read my thoughts through our connection. 'Say that again when he asks us to perform something for him. We're all gonna wimp out when it happens.' I retorted in my thoughts, moving my hands down so I could give her a side eye glare. She just huffed at me before going back to sleep, and I rolled my eyes at her as I went back to my polishes.

Since Keigo was listening in on me, I stopped singing, but I was so tempted to continue when the songs I grew up with played on my phone. When I finally decided to go with the red nail polish, my phone pinged from a text message. I opened it up, noticing it was from Keigo, and scanned through it.

Birdie ❤️

Don't stop singing, baby bird, you're beautiful, I wanna keep hearing you. It's helping me focus more on work because I miss you so much 🥺

I put the phone down and covered my face again while whining in embarrassment. "It's embarrassing for me to sing around others. I don't wanna." I admitted, and I glanced at my phone when I heard it ping again.

Birdie ❤️

There's nothing to be embarrassed about, my love 🥰 it's just me, and I love hearing you sing. Please? 🥺

I whined a bit again at the message before sighing in defeat. "I can't say no to you." I grumbled, and the feather fluffed a bit more before floating up and pressing on my lips a few times, making me giggle at Keigo's attempt at kissing me. "You know what? I'm calling this 'feather kisses' now since you're literally using your feather to kiss me." I told him jokingly as I gently grabbed the feather and softly kissed it back. It trembled a bit, and I set it back down against my shirt as I smirked, betting that Keigo's all flustered now from me kissing his feather. I sighed again as I grabbed the red polish bottle, twisting the cap open and swiping the brush inside of it to remove the excess polo before starting on my left thumb. While I brushed over my nail carefully, I shyly began singing along with 'Over My Head'.

As I finished my left hand, I felt comfortable again with singing, my voice coming out louder than when I first started. By the time I was on the song 'All At Once', I was done painting my nails and fanned the empty space in front of me with my hands in attempt to dry my nails. After a few minutes, I flexed my fingers and lightly touched the nails, nodding in satisfaction when I felt they were dry. I then took my Q-tips and nail polish remover, carefully letting the cotton tips soak up the liquid before rubbing them on the excess polish on my skin. I smiled when I managed to get the polish off without messing up my nails, then went to put everything away. As I came back to the kitchen and checked the time on my phone, I sighed when I saw that it was only 10 am. I lit up and went to the study when I remembered I could read the new books I got, and got my 'Edgar Allen Poe: Classic Stories' book from the bookshelf. I was so happy when I found this at the store - I bought it for myself in my previous life, but only got a third of a way through it before I was too busy to continue due to work. Keigo was a bit weirded out by my choice since he knew of the book as well, but didn't complain since he also knew I was into dark stuff. I hurried back to the kitchen island and sat down, opening the book and scanning through it in attempt to find the last story I was on.