Week 4 Day 5 Pt. 3

(A/N: I don't own this adorable pic~)

~Emina's POV~

I sighed as I walked down the hall, fixing my clothes and hair after Sera settled back into my headspace. I was a bit nervous about what Mera and his coworkers will do to me and Keigo after what Sera did, but she seemed to have handled it all nicely. Now all I was worried about was what happened to Keigo. The villain's quirk was a sort of de-aging ability. It seemed a bit similar to Eri's quirk, but not as permanent. The only thing was that I don't know if it altered his memories or not. Depending on his age, he might end up frightened by the suddenly different environment - even worse, he might be terrified about his father and for his mother. I might be able to calm and reassure him since I'm a hero, that his father is in jail and I'll protect and take care of him, but I don't know what I'll tell him about his mother. The HSPC separated the two, though Tomie was very accepting of it, but I don't know how to tell little Keigo that his mom abandoned him after a hero organization offered her financial aid and shelter. If it were me, it'd be heartbreaking. Then again, both his parents were negligent-abusive assholes, but Tomie is capable of having a redemption arc.

I stopped and pursed my lips as I stood in front of the door of a lounge room. Although they were calmer, Shadow and Sera were still on alert, leaving me in my partial form. My senses were heightened, so I had followed Keigo's scent to this room. Surprisingly, his combined scent of sandalwood, fruity soap, chicken and sweetened coffee was still on him. Actually, it might just be a lingering scent from his hero clothes, but it might also be from him directly. The thoughts of reasons why that could be ran through my head for a moment, but Shadow made me shove it down, then forced me to put my hand on the door knob and turn it.

Keigo's two sidekicks turned to me in surprise, having been standing near the door and contemplating about something. "Where is he?" I asked. I could sense him from the way my shoulders and ears tingled, but I'd rather they show me. "He's over here. Did you find out if we could fix him?" Bird Helmet asked as the two led me to a couch. It was facing a wall, another couch reflecting it with a coffee table in the middle. It reminded me a bit of Keigo's office, and I was tempted to smile. "Yes, but I want to see him first." I told him, and he gestured at the couch facing away from us. I assumed they put him on that one so no one would see him at first, so I went around. I froze next to the coffee table, though, covering my mouth with my hands as tears dotted my eyes. "Ōkami-san, are you alright?! Is he going to be okay?!" "Don't cry, Ōkami-san, it'll be fine!" The two sidekicks exclaimed over each other, but paused when I awed, feeling my whole being warm at the sight of little sleeping Keigo. "He's so adorable~!" I cooed.

Keigo looked the same way he did when the HSPC found him and his mom. So small - short, feathery blonde hair, small hands. Because he was reverted to that time of his life, he was thin, so sadly no chubby cheeks. I thought he was adorable in the anime, but I felt like I was gonna die from seeing him like this in person. My quirks and I just wanted to snuggle up with him and protect him forever. I wiped my eyes and forced the feelings down. 'He probably doesn't remember us. We need to watch our boundaries.' I reminded, making my quirks huff at me.

We all froze when Keigo squirmed a bit, groaning softly as his eyes fluttered open. Despite how tense and nervous I was, I watched him carefully and fascinated. I couldn't help imagining our children looking like him in the future, only making me want to cry even more in how heartwarming it was. It made that snuggly, protective feeling rise up again, but I suppressed it and my quirks, not wanting to freak him out.

Keigo's eyes opened a bit, and he glanced down at the couch and blanket he was using before quickly sitting up in a panic, looking at his hero jacket and shirt that were now big on him before looking around the room. He looked fearful when he spotted his sidekicks first, scooting off the couch and falling off, but I darted to him, catching him before he landed or hit his head against the coffee table. Sadly, his eyes scrunched closed and he began thrashing, trying to protect himself. "Let me go! Don't hurt me!" He shouted, and I had a feeling he thought we worked for his father. It made my heart ache, but I had to keep suppressing my quirks, who quickly turned to anger at the mention of Takami. "Hey, hey. It's okay, honey, you're alright. We're not here to hurt you." I soothed, and he froze, his eyes opening to look at me like he just barely noticed me. That hurt a bit too for me and my quirks, but it went away when his eyes widened again and he looked at me in awe. I smiled at him warmly, making him blush a bit and try to hide himself with his wings, but they were smaller now, his jacket also keeping him from moving them too much. 'He's so adorable.' I thought lovingly, and Shadow and Sera whined in agreement.