Nephew / Ways To Soothe

(A/N: I don't own these, but aren't they so sweet?)

~Use Me - PVRIS feat. 070 Shake~

Emina opened her eyes and immediately knew she was dreaming with her family again, however, she didn't see anyone just yet. She recognized her surroundings as the class / kitchen / nursery area downstairs from the sanctuary of the Rosemead church, having been there often when she was growing up. She turned in a circle, confused about why she couldn't see anyone, and thought maybe her grandmother was nearby because of where she was at. "Auntie!" A child exclaimed before tackling her legs, and she yelped as she stumbled a bit from the impact.

Emina looked down in shock, and felt herself about to cry as she saw her little nephew Gianni. She was so close with the boy before her sister left with him, having helped care for him before he was even born due to her sister's unfortunate circumstances with her baby daddy and his family, and babysat him for Nichole whenever she was busy at work as a single mother. Emina felt he may have also liked her because she looked similar to and sounded like his mother, practically seeing her as his second mom. As her sister had mentioned, he was indeed bigger, now standing up to her hips, but he hadn't seemed to change besides that. Gianni still had his adorable baby face, playful dark brown eyes, big grin and unruly, curly dark brown hair. However, he was speaking - he struggled in his short years to speak properly, and Nichole had even said that he still was, even now at three years old. But he had just called her 'auntie', something he didn't say at all before. He had attempted of course, but said 'ah-tee' instead. Perhaps it's because they're in a dream, and he can speak better in his mind.

"Auntie, auntie! Where'd you go? Everyone's been sad that you left!" Gianni questioned, pouting angrily as he tugged at her shirt before smacking her leg. Emina giggled tearfully and wiped her eyes, kneeling down in front of him to be eye-level with him as she ran her fingers through his hair. "I'm sorry, baby. I had to go somewhere else because I got hurt really bad. Don't worry, I'm all better now and I'm in a better place. I'm happy and can help a lot of people where I am." She tried explaining to him, and his angry pout turned sad. "Oh. Will you come home someday and play with me?" He asked, and her heart broke at his words. She cried quietly in despair from leaving her dear, innocent nephew. "No, honey, I'm so sorry. I promise I never wanted to leave you, but I didn't have a choice. Can you do something for me though, baby?" She told him, trying to hold back her sobs as she caressed his face and attempted to smile as she began her request. "I told your mama to let you watch a cool cartoon show called 'My Hero Academia'. It has really cool superheroes on it, and the main hero character reminds me a lot of you. I want you to watch the main character closely, okay? Be as strong and kind as him, and be good for everyone. Listen to your mama and Nina Rochelle, okay?" She requested in slow speech so he would understand, and he nodded, looking like he wanted to cry that his auntie was going to leave again and that she was sad.

Emina hugged Gianni to her tightly, unable to hold back her sobs anymore as she did, and he held her just as tight. "I love you so much, baby. I hope you have a good rest of your life." She cried, and as the dream ended, she heard him begin to cry as well, his loud sobs breaking her heart even more.

Keigo began to stir awake as he felt his chest getting wet, making his eyebrows furrowed in tired confusion. His eyes flew open, though, when Emina began to shake and whimper in his arms, just as she did in her previous dream with her second sister. He briefly noticed that the sun was barely rising before Emina began sobbing, her face scrunched up in agonizing despair as she held him tighter to her. Keigo immediately sat them up and held her in his lap, his wings wrapping around her in comfort as he fretted over her. "Hey, hey. Angel, it's okay. Wake up, baby bird, please." He told her desperately as she didn't calm, clearly still stuck in her dream.