Hero Costume Pt. 2

(A/N: I don't own these pics)

~Starlight - Muse~

~3rd POV~

Keigo tapped his foot with his hands on his hips as he leaned impatiently against his desk, waiting for Emina to emerge from his office restroom. He could sense through the feather that he gave her that her heart was racing a bit and she was happy with her new costume. He could also sense her wearing it, but he wanted to see it with his own eyes, to bask in her splendor and beauty. His wish was granted when she finally walked out, her eyes bright behind her dark-tinted visor and a grin on her face, though Keigo's eyes widened and his jaw dropped a bit from how amazing her outfit looked. She looked somewhat medieval in her armor, yet modern at the same time, and looked badass. "Wow..." He said breathlessly, and she grinned at his reaction, delight glittering in her eyes. "I know, right? It looks awesome, I love how it turned out." She agreed giddily, admiring the feel of the fur in her jacket sleeves.

Emina gasped as an idea came to her. "Ooh, let's go to the training room! I want you to help me test out my armor durability, and I want to practice my fighting skills on you so I can see how much I've improved." She told Keigo before taking his hand and dragging him back to the elevator. Keigo was hesitant, though. "Angel, I don't think it's a good idea if I fight you. What if I accidentally hurt you-?" Emina interrupted him with a scoff and a roll of her eyes. "Kei, please. I trust you and know that you won't let things go to far. It's me that you have to worry about, really. I'll have to be stopped if the spar gets too heated - Shadow and Sera have a serious bloodlust and battle craze, which is why it'd be dangerous for me to let them out completely." She retorted as she pressed the elevator button for Keigo's training room level. "What about when Shadow was fighting Aqua?" He asked - the sidekick was still working at the agency, but was avoiding the couple like they were the plague. "Oh, she was just toying with her. Shadow only plays with those she sees as weak opponents. Sera won't even bother with them, she'd probably just stay asleep and let me and Shadow deal with them." She explained nonchalantly, making him hum and nod in understanding.

As the elevator moved down, Keigo noticed how antsy and thrilled Emina was getting. She kept fidgeting and shuffling her feet, but it seemed she wasn't the only one who was excited. The inner rings of her irises were slowly turning red, and an almost sadistic grin was spreading on her face, indicating that Shadow was anticipating the spar as well. Keigo now understood what Emina meant a moment ago - he'll have to keep the spar short or casual so Shadow doesn't get too wild. He didn't even know how the wolf quirk will react to him. Will she be playful since he was her mate and she won't want to actually fight him, or will she treat him like an actual opponent and try to hurt him? It made him a bit uneasy, but he had to trust that Emina and Shadow won't hurt him. 'They love me. They won't hurt me.' He kept reminding himself in his mind.

As soon as the elevator stopped and its doors opened, Emina immediately ran out and shifted into Shadow's Halfling form, white wolf ears appearing on the top of her head and a wolf tail appearing from her bottom in streams of white mist, the tail swishing in a small wag from her excitement. She stopped in the middle of the room and turned to Keigo, her grin having switched from sadistic to gleeful, and she spread her arms out wide. "C'mon, Kei! Let's get started!" She called out to him. He sighed as he stepped out of the elevator before it closed on him, and he immediately shot some of his feathers out at her. It caught her by surprise a bit, but she surprised him by how easily she dodged them. "Nice try, mate, but you'll have to use your full speed if you want to touch me!" Shadow laughed as she continued to dodge the feathers. She was right, he wasn't using his trademark speed, but it was to keep her from getting too excited. "Babe, try to remember that this is a spar, not an actual fight. We don't have to go all out." Keigo sighed in exasperation, but Shadow whirled on him, her eyes nearly completely red and her expression dark from her anger. He stepped back with wide eyes when she suddenly appeared in front of him, her clawed hands on his neck threateningly as she snarled at him. "Don't you dare hold back against me, mate." She ordered, and he swallowed nervously. He was grateful when the red in her eyes receded a bit and she sighed, relaxing while caressing his neck gently and looking at him apologetically. "Sorry, Kei. We got a bit too excited. I'll try to remind her that it's just a spar, but Shadow's insisting that we fight seriously or else she'll actually get pissed." Emina told him, and he nodded a bit warily. She kissed him reassuringly as his feathers returned to hover around them, then she pulled away to stand in the middle of the room again.