Up to the highest hights

"Look its not like, we can just make it happen anyway. We need to get an appointment and the fertility treatment and maybe ivf or iui and all this is a lot. But i want to talk about it, because it is a big step and i want to do it together." "But i don't. okay. Carina, i need to think about it and i just... I never imagined of finding someone like you and i have and so i also never imagined having kids. I had a crappy childhood. I don't know, how to be a good parent, i have no role model. I will suck at it and i don't want that. I don't want to fail at something else, something that involves another human being." Maya said. Carina walked up and down the living room. "Look. I didn't have the best childhood either, but that just means we have a perfect negativ example. You know, if we aren't like our parents, we have basically won." "Oh there is a lot in between being like my parents and being a good parent. You know, i run away everytime a safe surrender comes in." "But i've seen you with Pru. You work a litte unconvetional, but she loves you and you are so great with her." "I doubt that. I don't even know how to change a diper. Crap." She looks at her phone. There is a 4 alarm 19 is the next to be called in. I need to go. I am sorry. I love you." "Please think about it. I would really appreciate, if you think of all the things a child can bring." "Yes. I will think about it." Maya said and gave Carina a kiss. "I love you." Carina said. "Be safe." "I love you too and maybe you can come to the station tomorrow to watch the fireworks." "I'd love to." Carina smiled.

"I'm gonna head home now. I'm working in tomorrow. I know you will have a hard day tomorrow, too. So try to get some sleep." They had just watched the fire works over the city and were now standing infront of the entrance door. "I will. Have a great day tomorrow and i am off at 5pm." "Me too. So we can have dinner together." Carina said and kissed Maya gently. "I would love that."

They tention between the couple was still high, even after they had another talk at the following evenings dinner. They decided to hang the topic for a day and spend some time together enjoying the last day of the pheonix fair. The day after both Maya and Carina had to work a 24 hour shift. Carina starting at 6 Maya at 8 am.

The shift was hard for Maya. She couldn't seem to focus. They arrived at a house fire and while venting the cellar, Maya ranted about the discussion. "How do i know, if i decided to have a baby hoping it cracks my heart right open and it just doesn't?" "You don't." Ben said and laughed. "Seriously, thats your advice." They finished ventilation and went back outside, where they found out there was no contact to Gibson, Montgomery and Sullivan. Ben and Maya made their way down to the cellar. That was a scary part of their jobs. They knew, there is something down there, that already forced your colegues to the knees and you still need to go down there. Its the job. Maya opened the valves of the other firefighters, already feeling that something was going on. Her vision was swimming and she felt extremly tired. She had trouble focusing and tryed with all of her might left, to get one if her collegues out. But she couldn't, she felt really weak. When Warren went down all she could think of was. 'Carina.' Then everything turned black.

Sullivan ended up carrying each of the others out. One by one. He put all of them down, where the took the turnout of the lifeless bodys and hooked them up to monitors, they also gave them oxygen and waited for them to wake up. All of them seemed to handle the drug really well, but they were not feeling great waking up. "I feel really sick." Travis groaned. Maya felt sick, too and her heart was racing. After they kind of recovered, they were hosed down and sent of to Seattle Pres as of Warrens wish.

At the hospital the got their vitals taken and bloodsamples. They also got neuro checks. K2 also known as synthetic marihuana can cause epileptic seizures and so the doctors wanted to be carefull. They were advised not to drink alcohol within the next 48 hours and to come back when they felt sick or dizzy. Maya was just really tired. The drug had the same effect on Gibson and Montgomery, but they still decided to go to Joes. They wanted to have a good time together eventhough, they couldn't drink.