life is emotionaly abusive

"Maya how are you feeling today?" "Tired. Anxious. But its okay. I want to know more. I hate being left in the dark." "That is understandable." Dr. Lindner said. "Carina what about you?" "I am okay. As okay as one can be." "So far she hasn't slipped further in her eating disorder. She even had some caserole for lunch yesterday. I am very proud." Carina blushed lightly. "That is very good. You can be very proud." "Thank you, Dr. Lindner." Carina smiled at her collegue. "Okay. Lets start." Dr. Lindner explained it in detail, what would happen. They will start on Monday with a small procedure,they will implant a port, that they will not have to poke Maya everyday. She would undergo atleast 8 cycles of chemo. One cycle was one day of tests, 4 days of treatment and 9 days of recovery. Makeing it 2 weeks. While in recovery, she might need different treatments such as blood or steriods, if her numbers change. The chemo was supposed to stop the cancer cells from deviding and spreading. If they can not devide and spread, they can not live and they die. "The chemo unfortunatly doesn't only target cancercells. Side effects you might experience are in this folder. Most commanly stomach issues and hairloss. But we have some methods to prevent those. Once you are done with your chemo cycles we will evaluate if you need more chemo or you can recover or you need a stemcelltransplant. We will put you on the list now, because it takes a while to find one. I understand you have no family, who can donate?" "My mom is too old and my dad aswell, he is also in Jail so i don't know if he even would. My olderst daughter is adopted, she is not mine and the tripplets are only six. I don't know where my brother is. So no." "Maybe look for your brother a sibling can be a good donor." Maya sighed. Her and Kathrine had tryed to find Mason a few years ago, when the girls were just a year old. Unsucessfull. "Do i have to stay at the hospital for the days i get the treatment?" "No. We have a dayclinic, which means you come in the morning, around 8 at 8:30 all our patients gather with two councelors, to see how everyone is feeling that day. Then you get your treatment. Some patients like to play boardgames together to distract themselves. You can listen to music or read or sleep. After you are done, we check your vitals. You get some rest time. Usually then is lunch. After lunch you sometimes get more treatments, if you need them or PT or OT or Therapy, if you don't go to a other Therapist already.. " "I do. I have a therapist. Dr. Diane Lewis." Maya added. "Good. Nice. Either she comes to the clinic or you go earlier one day and see her. You will also have grouptherapys with the other patients and relaxation therapys like PMR." Maya was familiar with the term. Having done it with Diane to help with tension. "Sounds good." "We try to not only treat the cancer, but you as a human. This will be very hard, and we want to make it as easy as possible. If you'd rather sleep, that is fine, too. You don't have to do any of the offers. It is encouraged, but not mandatory." Maya nodded. "I will be around and i will check on you every week. If you need something there are residents to ask and they can always page me, if you need me. The day would end at 3 pm, but you can leave after your treatment is done. Which would be about 12 am." "Alright." Maya nodded. "What about my job?" "You are a firefighter. I strongly suggest you stop active duty immediatly. Desk work is okay as long as you feel okay. Maybe halfdays. And make sure you relax. Most of our patients don't work, they use the little power they have to play with their kids and be with their family. This treatment is very taxing and your main job now is getting better." Maya nodded. She had expected that. "And i start on Monday?" Maya asked. Dr. Lindner nodded. Carina asked him a few more medical questions, that Maya didn't entirely understand, but she would ask later. Dr. Lindner suplied them with a foulder full of informational papers, bookpages, articles and leavlets. Carina promised herself to read all of it.

When they got home they decided to call Nina now. They knew Nina only had one class on friday and that was already over. They wanted to talk to her before the girls came home with Kathrine.

"Hi, Mamma." Nina smiled in the camera. "Hey, Bellina. How was your day?" "Good. I like the class i have fridays. Its italian." "Oh. Nice." Carina said. "Mom and i called to talk to you about something important." Carina squezzed Mayas hand, which was already shaking. "Are you alone in your dorm?" "I am, but Tuck is going to come in like 10 minutes." "It might be good, if she isn't alone." Maya wispers. "What is wrong? You guys are scaring me." "I am sorry, Bellina." Carina said. "Lets wait for Tucker okay?" "How are the new classes you started this week?" Maya asked. "I like anatomy and basic pharmacy, but i don't like that it is so much to learn." "I can rememeber." Carina chuckled. They talked a little and then Tucker knocked. Nina opened the door for him and they kissed and sat down on the bed. Nina picked the phone back up and frowned at the serious expression on her parents faces.
"Nina. I need you to listen and try not to freak out to quickly." "Okay??" Maya looked away. She couldn't see the fear in her daughters eyes. "Mom had some tests done, after she collabsed at work. She didn't hurt herself." Carina added as Nina gasped. "But we recieved some bad news. Nina, mom has Leukaemia. Blood cancer." Nina frowned. "No. Mamma. That is not funny. You don't joke about something like that." "Bellina. Its not a joke. I am sorry." Maya started crying, it hurt her seeing her daughter so upset, knowing she was the cause. "I am sorry, Bellina." Maya wispered. Nina was shocked and her thoughts ran at 1000 miles per hour. "I... That.. no.. mom.. please.. i ...can't.." Tucker pulled her in a hug and both the parents hearts broke, when they couldn't hug her. "I am comming home. I can't be away. No. I need to come home." Nina stated. Tears trickling down her face. "I'll drive you." Tucker said. Maya and Carina didn't want her daughter to have to come, but they wanted to hug her so desperatly. "I am so sorry, Bellina." Maya said. "Stop apologizing, Mom. It isn't your fault. I... I'll hang up now and i am on my way."
Nina hug up and stared at the screen. Tucker pulled her in a hug. "Nope." Nina wiggled away. "I need... Mhm.." she took a few deep breaths. "Come. Lets go." Tucker nodded. Nina just grabed a few things and put them in a totebag, left a note for her roommate and left the dorm.