Hold on to me, cause i'm a little unsteady

Another thing that changed was Kathrine moving back to Seattle. She had stopped working and decided to be closer to her daughter she would move back. She got a little flat not far from the Deluca-Bishops and they helped her move in. It was increadibly helpful for the parents. Kathrine would babysitt or pick the kids up from school or take them to their afternoon activities. With both Maya and Carina working full time it had been very helpful and Kathrine loved to help.

This morning Carina took her beloved Porsche to work. Maya would take the girls to school as her shift started later. Carina was only working an 8 hour shift today and that ment she would be home in the late afternoon with the girls. Maya had inspections and so Kathrine would pick up Meena and Louise and watch them and Carina would pick up Ellie on her way home and take over for Kathrine.
Carina drove around the corner and stopped at the red light.
When it turned green, she sped up. Suddendly she hear a horn honking, she turned and saw a car comming up to her, way to fast. Then there was a crash and everything went black.

When she came to, everything was increadibly blurry. Her head hurt and she felt something wet dripping down her face. She checked over her body, her left hand hurt badly, but other then increadibly soreness she seemed fine in the rest of her body. She unbuckled herself and opened the door. There were three cars in this accident. Apparently the Car that had crashed hers, hadn't seen that they had red. It had luckly crashed the right side and not where Carina was sitting. The driver however was unconcious. Somehow another car seemed to have crashed into the back of Carinas car.
She got up feeling dizzy and shaky. She tryed to snap into the doctor mode and went to check on the other drivers. While walking over to the car, she called 911.

"Hello 911, whats your emergency?" "Hello. My name is Dr. Carina Deluca. I was in a caraccident on the cross of avery to marshalroad. Three cars. I think the driver of one of the cars is allert and awake. A litte shaken. There is a baby, but i think its okay." They crys of the baby made Carinas head hurt terribly. "He might have a concussion." Carina added. "Okay what about the other drivers. You said 3 cars. Yes one was my own and the other one seems to be unconcious. I can't open the door. Wait a second." Carina picked up a piece of metal of the floor with her right hand, keeping her left protectivly close to her body and smashed the window. "Okay. He has a pulse. Faint but it is there." "Okay. What about you?" "I have a cut on my forehead and i have been out for a little. I don't know how long. And i probably broke my wrist." "Okay. Are you dizzy?" "Yes." Carina says fighting another wave, resting against the car. "Alright hold on help is on the way."

Carina got back up to check on the other driver again. He was sitting next to the Car holding his baby. "How are you doing?" "My leg hurts." Carina nodded. "I am a doctor. Can i see?" He nodded. Carina cut the pants with the sissors from the first aid pack and felt the leg. "Okay. It is broken, do you take any medicine?" "Blood thinners." Carina had expected that. "Okay. So it seems as if the break has nicked a blood vessle internaly. I need to do something called a fasciotomy or you loose your leg." "What?" He breathed heavily. "Can you lay down fully? And put your baby in the carrier." He did. Carina was glad, she had a scalpel in the first aid bag. "Okay. Whats your name?" "Timo." "My name is Carina. Can you take a deep breath Timo?" Timo did and Carina cut into Timos leg. Timo screamed in pain. Carina was glad she was right handed and could cut with her good hand, but she needed her left to hold down his leg and that was excruciatingly painfull. She packed the wound and hoped for the paramedics to come soon.

"Hello my name is Captain Herrera. " Andy said as she walked over to the three of them. "Carina??" She gasped as she realized, who she saw. Carina had her eyes closed to avoid being sick. " Hi Andy. This is Timo he has a break in his tibia and a fasciotomy. He need to get to a hospital, before it gets infected." Carina slurred. "Warren, Hughes, Simons, Higgins over here." Andy yelled at the two from Aid 19 and Aid 88 and Carina winced at the noise. "Are you nauseos, Carina?" Andy asked "Yes." "Dizzy?" "Yes." "Were you out?" "Yes." "Okay." Andy got back up and Ben and Vic went to treat Carina. Travis put gauze to her forhead and gave her a emesisbag. Warren checked her eyes and her abdomen, both fine and then splinted her hand. "Be carefull." Carina said and winced "Ahhh." "Sorry." "Its okay." Carina pressed through gritted teeth. "I am sorry i can't get you something, you have a head injury." "I know. Its fine." Carinas head felt cloudy and when the helped her up to get in the aidcar, she was increadibly dizzy. "Can you call Maya?" She said taking deep breaths through the nose to ride out the nausea.
"Sure." Ben said. He picked up his phone.

"Ben? Whats wrong?" Maya said. "How do you know somethings wrong?" "You aren't usually calling me while on shift just to chat. Make it quick i'm inspecting 24 and they have so much to improve." "We were called to an accident, Carina was injured in that accident. She is okay. Probably a broken wrist and a concussion, but we are on the way to Grey Sloan." Carina finally lost the battle to the nausea and threw up. "Was that her in the back?" "Yes." Ben said and went over to rub Carinas back. "I am on my way." Maya said and and hung up.

"45 year old female. Carina Deluca-Bishop. Car-accident. Trauma to the head and possible wrist fracture. GCS 15. She has thrown up on the ride over and some trouble with dizzyness." "Carina, what happend?" Bailey said worried. "My car got totaled so i thought i'd hitch a ride to work" She joked, but winced as they lowered her down. "Okay. Lets get you checked out. Page Neuro and Ortho." Bailey helped transfer Carina over and checked her over again.
Link and Amelia came in and stopped in their tracks as they saw, who the patient was. "Carina, what happend?" "Caraccident." Carina said and took another big breath, but keeping the emesisbag ready. "Oh My. " Amelia said and went to check Carinas head, while Link tended to her hand.

"Thats defininatly broken. I am going to need an x-ray." "Okay." Carina felt increasingly drained it hurt quite bad and her head felt heavy and painfull. "I am going to need a CT. I think you are fine, but the nausea worries me." "Its probably because this hurts." Carina said through gritted teeth. "Okay. Get her some painmeds before the CT."

"Hey. Hey." Maya said as she came into the patient room. "Hey. I am sorry." Carina said. "What no. You didn't do anything. Are you okay?" "Yes. Waiting for the x-ray." Carina said lifting her hand, immediatly regretting it as pain shot through her arm. "Oh, baby." Maya sat down next to her. "Can you help me change into a gown?" "Sure."

But they quickly realized they wouldn't get the longsleeve over her broken hand, so Maya had to cut it. "I liked that shirt." "Yeah well it was probably ruined before with all the bloodstains." "Probably." Carina layed back down. "Hows your head feeling?" "Cloudy. Its hard to make a conecting thought. But its not hurting as bad anymore. I am getting something." Carina lifted her right hand with the IV. "Good." Maya brushed over her hairline. Amelia had already stitched the cut. "I heard you were a badass at the accident." "I did a fasciotomy with a broken hand." "That is stupid, but also badass." Maya said. Carina smiled.

After she had the CT and the X-Ray, Amelia diagnosed a bad grade 1 concussion. Link had slightly less good news. She had managed to break three bones in her hand and needed surrgery. They put her in a soft cast for the swelling to go down an sceduled the surrgery for the next day.