I still mess up, but i'll just start again

"Do i understand correctly, that you rely on the use of Hearing Aids?" "Yes." Maya was sweating. "All the medical details are in my file." "And what do you do, if those break?" "They don't. I take good care and i keep on top of charging them. And in the very very unlikly situation, they do stop working on a call. Lieutenat Gibson is fluent in sign, and i have been learning and i am already able to comunicate quite well." The men nodded and the chief signed something.
"Lieutenant Bishop-Deluca. You will be not reinstated, as a Lieutenant at Seattle FD, as soon as she gets cleared medically." The fire chief said. Mayas jaw dropped. She sat across the Chief and a few members of the board. "What? Why?" "Let me finish speaking." Chief Ross said. "We want to reinstate you as Captain of Staion 19." Mayas eyes were as big as coffee plates. "Seriously?" "Yes. If you take the offer." "Yes. I do. I'd love to." "Good. Do you know, when you are ready to work a again." "4  weeks from now." "Congratulations, Captain. You deserved it." "Thank you." Maya smiles from ear to ear. "Who will fill in for the Lieutenant spot?" Maya asked. "We are still not sure, but we have a good candidate." Maya nodded.

When she stepped outside the building she saw a familiar face. "Andy?" Maya asked. "What are you doing here?" "I was asked to come in, i have no idea why. Wait, your desicion was today. What? Are we happy?" "I am not a Lieutenant anymore." "Oh Maya i am so sorry. I.." "Andy, Andy, Andy. I am being reinstated as Captain of 19." "What? That is amazing. We are celebrating. Seriously. Wow. Maya. Congratulations." "Thank you. And yes. We are celebrating. Joes tonight." Maya said.

"Carina, my love. I'm home." "Bambina. Hey." Carina said coming out of the bed room totaly unsure of what she would find. "I am beiing reinstated, but not as Lieutenant." Maya said. "What?" "They offered me the Captain possition." "Maya that is amazing. Oh i love you so much." Carina said and hugged Maya tight. They stayed in this possition for a while until the oven beeped. "Lasagna is ready." "Oh. I love you." Maya said. "You didn't eat breakdast. No wonder you are hungry. Its almost 3pm." "Well yes. True. oh. I want to celebrate with the Station tonight at Joes." "Oh. I'm in. I really need a night out." Carina said.

Station 19 Group chat

Maya:
Hey. We have something to celebrate. At Joes at 8?

Jack:.
So you are back?

Vic:
Yes. Girl i knew it

Ben
Congratulations

Travis
Lieutenant Bishop-Deluca. 19 wasn't the same without you.

Maya
I am still on sick leave for 4 weeks. But i am not comming back as Lieutenant.

Vic:
No wait.

Maya:
Captain Maya Bishop-Deluca
It really sounds great.

Travis:
Yes. Oh my god.

Jack:
Finally

Theo:
Oh i can't wait not be acting captain anymore. No offence. But i hate it.

Ben:
Wait who is taking the Lieutenant Spot?

Andy:
I am

Maya:
What?

Andy:
That was why i have been called to the chief. I am back, guys.

Travis:
So two reasons to celebrate.

Theo;
Yes.

Vic:
Lets go. Oh. This firehouse is going to be overtake by women. I can see it.

Andy:
Female Captain, Female Lieutenant. Female Crisis One Lead. Hello.

Maya:
Yes. There we go.

"So you will be back to barking orders at us soon." Travis said. "Yes. About 4 weeks. I have lots of Physiotherapy until then and i need to get my strength back up. Believe it or not. Beiing injured for months makes you loose some strength." They laugh and have a great evening. Around 2 Carina almost fell asleep on Mayas shoulder, so the blonde decided to call it a night and brought her wife home.

Time flew by. Maya got her position back and loved it everyday. She was very good and got the Station back to beiing one of the best in Seattle in no-time. A month and a half after she came back, they sceduled another appointment with the fertility specialist. They decided for Carina to start with the fertility injections again, when she starts her period and then do the next transplant. This time they decided to go with two transfered embryos.
Carina did quite well on the fertility medication and also the transfer. She was alot more tired than the last time and also a lot more sick, even before they went to the clinic to get the test.
"Dr. Deluca-Bishop your Beta-HcG is very high. If it increases like that. I am very hopefull." The wifes were so happy. However the happiness got dinged alittle, when Carina started to be sick 24/7 and increadibly miserable. Maya was so unsure what to do. Carina was of work for a few days, but they didn't know if it would get better. Carina still took the fertility injections every evening and some hope lay in that, she would stop being so miserable when she could stop the injections, but that wasn't very likely. When they waited for the results of their second blood test, Carina fell asleep in Mayas embrace. She had not slept at all and had been spending the night in the bathroom. "Alright. Dr. Deluca-Bishop." The nurse called them.
They walked into the office of Dr. Sherman and sat down. Carina felt really unwell. "Congratulations you are pregnant. Your Beta-HcG is very high and that is great." "It is great, but as you can see we have already been struggling a lot." Maya said. "Its fine, Maya. I can take it and its normal its going to get better." Carina said. Dr. Sherman nodded. "Yes. Unfortunatly it is very common to struggle with sickness and similar. But it shouldn't take over. You should set up an appointment with your primary care-OB and she can give you something for the nausea." Maya nodded. Dr. Sherman stood up and so did Maya and Carina. Carina however lost all colour in her face and her legs gave in. She felt so increadibly dizzy. "Carina." "I don't feel well." She mumbled as Maya slowly lowered her to the ground. "I need a gurney in here." Dr. Sherman yelled. The got Carina on the gurney and then on a bed. They took her bp and heartrate. Then gave her some IV fluids. "You are probably dehydrated. This is a lot of stress on your body." Carina nodded. "So she is okay?" Maya said woriingly. "I'm fine, Bambina. This happens with pregnacy. It just means, i am pregnant." "You really are." Maya smiled. The doctor left them alone and they waited for Carinas IV to run through. Carina took the time to close her eyes a little and Maya caresed her head and played with her hair, to sooth her.

When the IV was done, they left and Carina felt much better. They got smoothies from a smoothiebar near the hospital and went home to have a chill day. Maya had the full intention to pamper Carina the next 9 months and so she filled the tub with warm water and helped the italian in. Then she stepped in herself and had Carina lay down on her. "I love you." Carina said. "I love you, too. And the little tiny peanut that is growing in you. I already love them so much." Carina smiled. "They are already 6 weeks can you imagine." "No. How big are they now?" "About the size of a lentil." "A lentil?" "Yes. So tiny." Maya smiled. "I hope this works. I really hope it does. I am so scared we loose it again." Carina said, her voice shaking a little. "I am scared, too." Maya said. "Lets just take it day by day."