Lets get down to business

The days went by and Maya still threw up everyday. The Meds she had gotten were working to some point but she still spent about 2 hours a day hunched over the toilet. Today was the appointment for the egg retrival and they were very excited. After Maya was done throwing up, they had gotten themselves dressed and ready. Maya had to be put under light sedation and that was really funny for Carina to watch. Maya talk a hole lot of nonsence and also was entirely convinced that the neighbors car was eating her chocolates, because whenever she has one piece the entire block is gone. Dr. Sherman came in and took the folicles out. They were very impressed with the outcome. 11 folicles in total. Carina sat behind Maya and strocked her Hair. "That is good." Carina said and nearly cryed. "Yes. I love you." Maya smiled. Now they had to wait a few days how many folicles would turn out to be viable embryos. Carina drove them home and Maya fell asleep in the car. The Medication was making her very drowsy. At home Carina helped Maya to bed and brought her a heating pad for her crampy stomach. They watched a Movie and Maya slept a lot.

The next few days were very busy for the both of them and that was great because otherwise they would have gone crazy to wait for the call. All of Seattle seemed to be going up in flames at once and all the pregnant people seemed to be giving birth in these days. On top of that Beckett was getting more and more sloppy. Holding Maps upside down, forgetting to pass on infromation. All of 19 had to be extra carefull and they were absolutly on edge in every call. Especially Theo. He knew what a crappy captain looks like and he  knew what a crappy captain does. He get people killed. So far nothing had happend, but they did have a few close calls.
Carina was organizing a food chain for Teddy and Owen. Owen had been hurt in a accident and Teddy had a lot to do with the kids and work and everything, so Carina opted to cook for the family and have Amelia and a few other friends also jump in to prepare food for the Altman-Hunts. Just to take something of of Teddys shoulders.

When the phone call came Maya was just ranting about Beckett to Carina, while she made a tray of Lasagna for her, Maya and Andy and a one for Teddy, Owen, Leo and Allison. "Oh. Can you get that please." Said Carina, while tipping some more Bechamel souce in the tray. "Hello Maya Deluca-Bishop speaking." At work both of them still went by there old last names but legally the had hyphernated their names and so they started to use them outside of work. "Yes. She is here. Wait I'll put you on speaker." Maya said and went over to Carina "Dr. Sherman." She mouthed and Carinas eyes widend. "Hello to you too Mrs. Deluca-Bishop. I have great news. You have 7 viable embryos." The wifes smiled. "Oh thats wonderful." Carina said. "Now. You can start with the fertility treatment for Carina as soon as you start you period and the transfer will be 18 days from that. I'll get you you perscription ready, so you can just pick it up." "Thank you, Dr. Sherman." Carina said. "I don't think we need another appointment until then but do you have anymore questions?" "I will call and make an appointment as soon as my period starts?" Carina asked. "Correct. Another thing would you like to implant two embryos at on try? It inhances the chances of one sticking." Maya looked confused. "We will think about that? When would you need to know?" "Its good if you tell me, when you scedule your appointment." "Alright. Thank you." "You are welcome." "Bye." "Bye." The hung up and immediatly jumped in eachothers arms. "Oh i am so excited."Carina squeeled "I love you." Maya said and kissed her, they deepend the kiss and Carina pressed Maya against the kitchen counter. They didn't even hear Andy coming in. "Oh sorry."  "Oh no. Well. Sorry." Carina stammerd. "Andy, we have 7 viable embryos." "That is great." Andy said and hugged her best friend. "We have to celebrate." "Oh how about we go to Joes after dinner?" Maya suggested. "I like the idea. Maya can you get the lasagna and the salad to Teddy, i have written on the post-it how she has to bake it. Then i'll finish our dinner and i'll be ready in 45 minutes." "Great. Just enough time for a hot and long shower." Andy said. "You shower 45 Minutes? No wonder our waterbill is so high." Maya said, but laughed.

They had a great time at the bar, eventhough they only stayed for a few hours. Both Maya and Carina had to work tomorrow. Only Andy was off and decided to try Mayas former form of selfcare. To be safe Maya and Andy had some secret signs. They had started that in the early days of their friendship. They had signs for "please help me out of that conversation" and for "i am going home with them." They also made the rule to text before going to sleep. Either at the one night stands home or at home and if one of them pretended to call a cab on the phone that means you are in a very uncomfortable Situation and need to get out immediatly. Andy had picked up Maya at the ungodlyest hours and Maya had done the same.

A few weeks went by and Carinas period came and went. They started the medication and luckily Carina had no sideeffects exept the bruises on her abdomen at all. They day of the egg transfer came and they were both so excited, but also anxious. "What ever happens, its going to be fine." It was December and it had snowed last night. Carina hated snow and the cold, but Maya loved it. It helped lighten her mood immensly and seeing her wife run in the snow like a toddler and sliding around in the driveway, made her feel so happy.

"Okay Dr. Deluca-Bishop are you ready?" Asked Dr. Sherman. They got all of their utensils ready and then performed the procedure. "Alright now, i'm checking if the folicle left the tube. Looks good." "Thank you." Maya said with tears in her eyes. The nurse, who assisted cleaned up and Dr. Sherman said: "i want you to stay for half an hour. Stay laying down please and the keep it low for the next few days. No sports and no intercourse." "Got it." Carina said. "And don't take a pregancy test too early. Wait atleast 3 weeks. And we will do a bloodtest here after 28 days." "Okay. Thank you." Carina said. They left and the two wifes were alone. "You are pregnant." Maya said teary eyed. "I am not yet pregant, not until its confirmed that the embryo sticked."  "Well until then we will pretend you are. I will pamper you with footrubs and baths and massages." "I like the sound of that." Carina said smiling.