its not what i asked for

Three weeks later Carina was finally cleared for surrgery. She was so happy and ready to be back in the OR.

On the day Carina was back in the OR, Maya was off shift. She had slept almost the entire morning. She was really tired, but needing so much sleep was very unusual for her. After she got up and got the girls made them lunch and played with them a little with the Legos. Maya was still so tired and decided to watch the girls play and rested until she needed to pack up the girls and get Ellie.

They had just changed out of their jackets and went into the livingroom to play, when the bell rang. Maya frowned, Carina wasn't supposed to be home for another two hours and she had a key.

She went to open the door. "Nina. Hey." Nina smiled at her mom. "Hey. Mom." "Hi. Thats a surprise." Maya was confused, but happy to see her daughter. "You look good." Maya said. "Yeah. You look tired." Maya laughed. "I think i'm comming down with something, but i am fine." "Right. Can i come in? Is Mamma home?" "Sure. And no. But she will be home this evening." "Good. Good." Maya senced something was off. "What is wrong? Why are you here and how did you get here?" "Tuck took me. He is visiting his parents over the weekend. And i thought i'd tag along." "Thats nice." But Maya knew there was more to this than Nina said. Meena saw her big sister and jumped up. "Niiiiinnnaaaa!!!!" She screamed and ran towards her. Nina lifted up her sister and hugged her tightly. Louise ran after her sister and clinged herself to Nina aswell. "I missed you." Louise said. "I missed you, too." Nina went to go play with them and said hello to Ellie aswell. Ellies eyes grew very big. "Nina. You are back." She said and made grabby hands to her sister. Nina pulled her on her lap and gave her a big hug aswell.

They had dinner and Nina read to the girls until Carina came home. "Hey. Mamma. Look you is here." Meena screamed. "Nina. That is nice. What are you doing here?" "Tucker came to visit his parents and i thought i'd tag along." Nina said. Carina wasn't entirely convinced. "Thats nice." She smiled and kissed her daughters forehead.
Maya gestured Carina come over to her to the kitchen. Because of the open floorplan, she had to wisper in order to not be heard in the livingroom. "She seems off." Maya said. "She came shortly after we came home frome picking up Ellie and she seemed like something is bothering her the entire evening." "I know. I felt it, too. I mean she could come and visit for no reason, but i don't believe it." Carina said. "I already felt like something was wrong, wenn we spoke on the phone yesterday." Maya nodded. "She will come and talk to us. I mean she litteraly came here." Maya said.

Nina took the tripplets to bed and promised to take them to school tomorrow. Tomorrow would be friday and then the weekend. And the girls were planing all kids of things they want to do, now that Nina was home.
Nina walked back downstairs and frowned. Normaly when Carina and Maya were both home, they would snuggle on the sofa and watch a movie or a show. But the livingroom was dead silent. Carina was taking the last bite of her sandwich that had been her dinner and Maya just stared into nothing.

"What is going on?" Nina asked. "Hm?" Maya said coming out of her trance. She had been thinking of all the things that could have happened to Nina at college. She herself never went to university and didn't know anything about it.
"Why is it so quiet? Did you stop watching tv, since i am gone?" Nina asked."No bellina. We wanted to catch up with you. Since you are home." "Well we talked yesterday. I keep you updated, there is not much new to tell." Nina said, but didn't look her parents in the eyes as she sat down on the sofa. "Are you sure, bellina? It seems as if something is bothering you." Carina tryed softly.
Nina sighed. "Okay. So remeber you always said, that you could be mad at my actions, but never mad at me. Well i think you would be mad at me." Nina said. Maya took a deep breath in. "What is it?" She said and turned to look at her wife to silently agree on listening first.
"I am late." Nina said. Maya looked confused, but Carina got it. "How late?" Nina got out her phone opened the flo app, which she used to track her periods and showed it to her parents. Maya understood now. "13 days." Nina nodded. "And there is the chance.."Maya said. Nina nodded again. Carina got up and gave Nina a hug. Nina had expected everything, but not that. "Thank you for telling us." Carina said. "I am not happy at the situation, but i am glad you came to talk to us." Maya nooded. She was still too stunned to speak. "Did you take a test?" Maya asked. "No. I have been carrying it around with me for three days, but i can't get myself to do it." Nina said quietly. "Okay. Well, do it." Maya said. "Whatever happens is going to be okay, but we need to know what we are dealing with." Maya said and Nina nodded. She picked up her bag and looked for the small box. "Take this and then dip the test in the cup." Carina suggested and gave her a clean cup. "Okay. " Nina went to the downstairs bathroom and stopped. "What is it, Bellina?" "I am sorry." She said tears in her eyes. "Take the test, bellina. We will figure the rest out later."

After Nina had take the test and washed her hands she went back outside and put it on the sofa table but with the display down. Nina didn't speak. "Can i ask you a few questions?" Carina said. Nina nodded. "Did you use protection?" "Nope." "Nina, we taught you better than this." Maya said. Carina put a hand on her thigh to stop her. "You can yell at her later, right now i want to make sure she is safe." Maya nodded. "I am so sorry. I didn't think i'd be this lucky or unlucky or whatever. We only did it once." "Okay. And you wanted to." Carina asked. "I did. It was really nice. He made sure i was comftable, because i told him i was scared because of my history." "Thats okay, Bellina. You don't have to tell us." Nina sighed. "I just want you to know, that i did think about this a lot and i was so scared, but i was more scared that it would trigger trauma, than this." She pointed to the pregancy test. "I am so sorry." She said again. "Its okay. For now i am happy, that you are okay." Carina said. "Do you want to take a look or do you want me to take a look?" Carina asked. Nina breathed out a shaky breath. "I don't want to know." "Nina, its not going to change, if you don't look, but if we know, we can do something." Maya said. "Okay. " Nina said and picked up the test.

Tears welled in here eyes and she started sobbing. She couldn't even say what she saw, she just cryed. Carina and Maya quickly pulled her into a hug. Carina took the test with the pink plus sign out of Ninas hand and placed it onto the table.  They held her tightly and rocked her back and forth. "It is okay, Bellina. It will be okay." "We are going to find a solution." "We aren't mad at you." They wispered to her and tryed to calm her down. After a while Nina calmed down and the sobs turned into wimpers. "I don't want that." Nina wispered nearly inaudibly. "Thats okay, Bellina." Carina said. "That is okay."