It's all gonna be okay

Maya had gotten them all something to drink and some chocolate. Nina didn't take any, she felt quite sick. "Does the boy know?" Carina asked. "Know what?" "That you came here to tell us and that you think that this happend?" "He knows, i am visiting you, that i am pregnant, no." "What is he like?" "He is nice. He is funny and gentle and he makes me laugh." Nina said and smiled. "Well i like that you smile, when you think of him." Nina rested her head on her Mammas chest. "Here is what we can do." Carina said after a little while. "We can go to the hospital tomorrow, get a bloodtest and an ultrasound and then see where we are at. If you are past 6 weeks the surgical abortion is an option. But we will talk about this tomorrow." "I don't want to be pregnant. I love my classes and my new friends and i really like this boy, but we are very far from this." She pointed to her stomach. "I don't want this." Nina said. "Okay, Bellina. We will figure it out." Carina kissed the top of Ninas head. "But i can't do it." Nina sat up. "Why? You are an OB. I need that, why can't you do it?" "I can't treat family. Its not allowed. But we can ask Jo or Bailey. They can do it and they are both no people, who tell it around." "Jo is fine." Nina said. "Okay." Carina took a deep breath in. Maya tapped Nina on the shoulder. "You did good telling us. That was smart. What you did was stupid, but comming to us, was smart. I love you and nothing has changed." Nina started crying again. "Thank you, Mom. I was so scared. I didn't sleep all night. I was so scared." Maya hugged Nina and Carina tight. They just enjoyed being as close as possible.

"Okay. Nina why don't you wait here. I will get you all the forms you need and i will go find Jo." Carina said. Nina was super anxious and so she just nodded. Maya was at work today and after Carina and Nina had taken the girls to school, they came to the hospital. "Hey Carina, what are you doing here? I thought you worked a 24h yesterday." "I did. But i need your help." Jo frowned. "Whats wrong?" Carina took a deep breath. "Nina came home yesterday. We could tell something was bothering here. She told us she was late and we had her take a pregnacy test. It was positive." "Oh." Jo said and frowned. "I suppose that was not planed." "No, not at all. She was super upset and kept apologizing." "I will come as soon as i can. Take her to examroom 4." Jo said. "Thank you." Carina smiled.

Nina and Carina waited. A nurse came and took Ninas blood. About 45minutes later Jo came in. "Sorry. It is a hectic day." She pulled up Ninas file and nodded. "Okay so Nina you are definatly pregnant." Nina wimpered and Carina squezzed her hand. "We need to do a vaginal ultrasound to determine how far along you are. Then we can decide how we proceed. I am right, that you want to terminate." "Yes." Nina said. "Okay. Then i need you to take off all you clothes waist down and here is a towel to cover you up. "Okay." "I will be back in a minute and do the exam."

"Will it hurt?" Nina wispered. "No. It will be uncomfortable, but i am here. I am not leaving." Carina squezzed Ninas shoulder.

Jo came back. "Okay Nina. I know you have had an exam before, but i am going to say everything before i do it. You can say stop at any point." "Okay." "Are you ready? I am going to insert this and see how far along you are." Jo asked. "Yes." Nina nodded and winced as Jo inserted the ultrasound. "Okay. I can see it. You are 6 and a half weeks." Carina nodded. She had expected something like that. "I am going to pull it back out now." Jo said and Nina let out a shaky breath.

"You have two options now. The medical abortion. Its a few pills. it stops the pregancy and sheds the lining. You will feel like a really heavy period. Or the surgical abortion. It is a little procedure. You will be awake for it. What we do is we suction out the lining from the walls of your uterus with a catheter . It is faster and has less complications." "Okay. Mamma??" Nina looked at Carina. "You have to decide. Both aren't fun." "I want this to be over with. Do the procedure." Nina said. "Are you sure?" Nina nodded. "Can you do it right now?" "Yes. I will get ready and get an intern to assist. Can you change into a gown? And Carina you need scrubs or a cover, if you want to stay." "I know." Carina said. "I will take the cover, i don't want to leave her." Nina smiled. "Thank you." "I will be right back." Jo said and left.

"Okay. So i will start with a bimanual exam. I am going to use both my hands to feel the shape of your cervix. Are you ready?" Nina nodded.
"Now i am going to insert a speculum and hold it in place with this instrument." Nina nodded, but squeezed Carinas Hand tightly as Jo did what she said.
"To numb the area you will get two shots. It will feel uncomfortable. Just hold on tight to your mamma." Nina winced and took a shaky breath as the shots were administered.
"Dr. Krieger will messure the length of your uterus." "7cm." The intern said. "Okay. Thats great." Carina nodded and squeezed Ninas shoulder.
"No i am going to dialate the cervix. Ready, Nina?" "Yes."
"I will use this catheter along the walls of your uterus and suction everything out. Are you ready?" Nina nodded. "Its almost over, Bellina." Carina wispered.
"Dr. Krieger will check, if the procedure was complete." The intern used the ultrasound and checked.
"Complete." She said and Jo pulled all her instruments out. Nina sighed and a tear of relieve ran down her cheak. "I feel so relieved." She said. Carina kissed her forhead. "You did great, Bellina."

Carina took Nina home and gave her a warming belt. "How do you feel?" She asked. "Sore. Crampy. Tired." Nina said. "But i am glad i did it. It still hurts, kind of like my body is grieving a loss, but i needed to do it." "That is normal, Bellina. Now. I am going to let you sleep. You need rest, but we are going to have a talk later, okay?" "Right..." "I am not mad at you. I just want to make sure you know, how to keep yourself save." "Okay. Thank you, Mamma. For everything today." Nina smiled and Carina squezzed her hand. "That is what i am here for."

Carina had Kathrine pick up the girls and bring Louise to her music lesson. She decided to keep the girls with her and have Maya pick them up, when she left work this evening.
After sleeping an hour and a half Nina made her way downstairs, where Carina was reading on the sofa. "Hey. Bellina. How are you feeling?" "Still sore, but better." "Okay. Come here." She patted the sofa infront of her. "Here it comes." Nina said.
"Okay." Carina took a deep breath. "Nina. I need you to make up your mind on what kind of contraceptive you want to use. None of them are a hundret percent safe, but its better than nothing. Its like a seatbelt in the car. You can still get hurt, but its much less likely." "Okay." "You have so many options. I already told you about the most of them. But i also know this is not a topic you like to talk to with your mother." Nina blushed. "You can ask your OB/GYN or you can check out these websites. They are really good and i give them to my patients, when they are looking for information." "Thank you." "If you have questions or you need advice. Please ask. We are here for you." "Thank you, Mamma." "Promise me you are carefull." "I promise. I don't want to do this again." Nina said. "Okay. Now what movie do you want to watch?" Carina said and Nina smiled.