There'll be good and there'll be bad parts

TW: Sexual assult and Rape

Carina was so glad to see Maya that evening. She had already gotten the girls ready for bed and now they were playing for a little bid as Maya was supposed to be home a little after 7. Nina was still in Carinas and Mayas bed. Last time Carina checked, she was watching tv. Carina hugged Maya tightly and Maya immediatly knew something was off. "Whats wrong, honey?" Maya said and rubbed Carinas back. "I will tell you, when the girls are in bed. I just needed a hug." "Always, my love. Lets get the girls to bed. Hows Nina?" "She is in our bed, still not feeling great. We had a rough day." Maya nodded. "Okay."
The brought the girls to bed and got Nina to move to her bed, promising her, that they would check on her and if she couldn't sleep, she could come back to them. Then they moved down to the sofa and Maya got herself something to eat. Carina told Maya everything Nina had told her that day and it almost made her sick aswell. Maya rubbed her back and just listened. "And there is nothing we can do?" "Well we can be there for her and hold her and make sure she feels safe. And maybe get her a therapist." "I mean, against that man." "No, i don't think so." Carina shook her head. They looked at eachother and Maya had the feeling that there was something else. "Are you okay?" She asked Carina, who just stared at her. Then she broke down crying, Maya pulled her in and held her until her sobbs turned into wimpers. "Wanna talk about it?" "Not really, but i think i have to. It feels like its eating me from the inside." "Than talk to me." Maya cooed and brushed a strand of hair out of Carinas face. "You rememeber i told i was in a clinic for a few weeks when i was 19. Well i was there for a lot of childhood trauma and everything but the one thing that triggered the deep depressed state, that made people so concerned about me, that they sent me there, was.... I... I was out with new "friends" just before my 19th birthday. We were drinking and everything. And yes. I was 18 which is the legal drinking age.We had just started Uni in Rome. It was awesome, i had great friends, so i thought, and we were hanging out at the piaza navona and drank selfmade limocello. I remember everything from this night, that we went to this bar and this guy he was very sweet and he flirted with me, i was naive and he kissed me, i felt like i'd scored something. Then he pushed me in the bathroom in the back and i just froze. I said no, but i was drunk and he held his hand over my mouth, said i would enjoy it and ... You can think of the rest yourself. When he was done, he just left me laying there and we had no phones yet, i couldn't reach my friends. They were gone and so i went home, and showered for hours and cryed for hours and when i asked them why they had left, they said, they wanted to and i seemed occupied. Then they left me and never spoke to me again. That broke me. I felt so broken. I felt like it was my fault, he did that. I was hurting badly and i got help. It was okay in the end. But he wasn't charged. And now this with Nina. She must have been what 10 11? How is a child suposed to deal with something like that, if i couldn't at almost 19." "I am so sorry, my love. But i think this is something you can not deal with at any age." Maya said. Her heart broke with every word her wife said. "I am so sorry that he did that to you, that your friends left, that he didn't get charged." Carina nodded. "Thank you." Carina sobbed again. "Its okay. This is alot. And i definatly think some therapy would do good. For all of us. You should scedule some for yourself and we'll find a therapist for her." Carina nodded. She picked up her phone and wrote an email to her therapist. Maya did the same with Diane, both also asked for recomendations for child or teen psychologists.

The next few days were hard. Carina struggled a lot with her mental health and Nina had a hard time aswell. She wasn't sleeping well and everything was a lot on the family. The Station team were trying their best to help them, but it was hard. Evenmore so, because Jo was about to give birth and Carina had to work more, because not only was one OB on pregnacy leave, but 3 other were sick. While she mentaly felt like shit, her job gave her some sort of stability and while it was really hard to get out of bed. In this sitation, work helped her. They got back on track slowly but somehow they pushed through it as a family.

On October 29th Jack called Carina in the middle of the night. Maya and Carina had finaly had one night together and Nina had been sleeping through the nights again, so they weren't, too pleased. "Jack, whats up? Is Mayas phone off or why are you calling me." "No. I need you, Jo is in labor. Her water broke and her contraction are 30 minutes apart." "Okay. Jack calm down, i'll meet you at the hospital." Carina chuckled and the very frightend sounding firefighter. "Bambina." Carina nudged Maya. "I have to go in to the hospital. Jo's having her baby." "Oh. Yeah. Tell her good luck from me." Maya grumbled half asleep. "I will. I will text you if i can. Have good day tomorrow." "I love you." "I love you, too."

"You are doing great, Jo." Carina said. "You are at 6cm." "Only??? Doesn't feel too great." Carina chuckled. "I know." Jo tryed to relax a little. "I will leave you for some privacy. Just page me if you need me." "Okay. Thank you."

------

"Alright. Finaly. You can push with the next contraction." Jo had now been in labour for almost 27 hours, counting the ones before she came to the hospital. She had been at 6cm for a very long time until just three hours ago things finaly progressed. Therefore she was beyond exhausted. "I am so tired." "You are doing great, Honey." Jack said and with the contraction comming she squeezed his hand and screamed. "Good. Good. Good. Right. Push Jo. Good. Okay. Relax." Carina ordered. "Really good." Jo was panting and a tear ran down her cheak. Jack gave her a kiss. "I love you so much." He said and Jo gave him a weak smile. "Okay. Next one. Push push push push." Carina tryed to motivate Jo.

"A little baby boy." Carina said and gave Jack the sissors to cut the cord.  "Here you go." She said and put him in Jo's arms. "He is so beautiful." Jo said. Jack nodded. He was crying. "Whats his name?" Carina asked. "Liam" Jo said. "Nice." Carina said and smiled.

An: Still very heavy chapter, but ending on a lighter note.

By the way. Thank you for the 5,5k. I have never had a story that got that amount of reads in that amount of time. Honestly this fandom is so great. If you have anything you would like to see played out in my story, leave it in the coments. Thank you for reading this. I have a few oneshots on my other book Station 19 Extra Episodes. there are Stories written in a script form, because that is how i started, i find it easier in that form, because that is what you see on tv. There are also a few Oneshots. Mostly Season 6 oneshots and Marina, but there is one Season 4 oneshot in the making.