Oh oh oh please don't go

When Miller carried Maya out, Jack felt his heart sink. She looked dead. Jack immediatly got a gurney to her and yelled for Warren. They assesed her quickly, everyone greatfull that her heart was beating. Her oxygen was low and her bp was low aswell. Suddendly her heartrate shot up and she opend her eyes. "Bishop, can you hear me?" Warren said. But Maya didn't react. She seemed disoriented and confused. Her eyes darted around never really focusing on anyone. Ben shone in her eyes, but she squeezed them close and groaned in pain. "Lets get her Turnouts off." Jack said. Ben moved her a little, but stopped as she screamed. "Don't move my arm." Maya was i a lot of pain. So they quickly cut her turnouts of. Jack winced as his friend yelled out in agony. The revealed arm was visiably broken above the elbow. It stood of in the wrong direction was swollen and bruised. Her hand and her lower arm was swollen and bruised aswell. Maya was panicking. Her breathing got worse and her oxygen fell further. "Breathe. breathe. breathe. Maya breathe." Ben quickly assesed her stomach, which was bruised aswell and there was probably some bleeding. They quickly moved her into the Aidcar. She groaned in pain and then passed out. Her oxygen fell all of a sudden and the monitor beeped. "We need to intubate." Ben said and Jack got the utensils ready. Ben intubated and then gave Jack the ambubag. "Miller drive, fast." Jack said. Ben gave Maya another dose of meds. "We need to call Carina." Jack said. Ben nodded. He got his phone out and called the italian. "They can't seem to catch a break."

When Carinas phone rang, she was almost anoyed. Maya had called her quite a few times and now she was supposed to be off shift, so Carina thought Maya was checking in again. She loved how much her wife cared, but she wanted to be focused on doing her job and not be reminded of what she had lost everytime Maya called. But it wasn't Maya. It was Ben. "Ben? Whats up?" Carina said. "Carina. I need you to meet us in the ER." "Okay? You have a pregant patient?" "No. Its Maya. She is stable right now, but unconcious and intubated." "I'll meet you. Thank you Ben." She hung up and ran to the ER. She ignored the sligh soreness, she still felt in her lower abdomen evertime she ran. She gasped as she saw Teddy in the ER. "Teddy i need you..." She said out of breath. "Carina, breathe. Whats up?" "Maya is on the way here. She is hurt. She is unconcious and in..." "Yes. I know. I heard a firefighter is comming. I will do my best, Carina. Take a seat, please. I already paged Amelia and Maggie. We've got her." Carina nodded and took a step back and leaned on the wall. The Aid-Car drove in and Maya was wheeled out by Ben and Jack. Carina felt as if she couldn't breathe.

Ben gave Teddy, Amelia and Maggie all the Information they had and pushed Maya in Bay one. Jack handed the Ambubag to a intern and then took a step back. He saw Carina, who walked in the bay behind all of them. "Carina, get out. We need the space." Amelia said. Jack went over to her and pulled her out. She was fighting him at first, but when the curtain closed, she turned to him and her eyes turned to the back of her head. Jack caught her. "Carina. Oh. Damn i need help." Mika Yusuda ran up to them and helped put Carina down on a gurney. They hooked her up to monitors and her and Dr. Hunt assesed her. Her bp was severly low and her heartrate way to high. "Hang some fluids and put her legs up." Hunt ordered to the intern. Yusuda noded. Jack didn't know what to do and the others were still at the scene. So he called Andy.

Andy came just before Carina woke back up. "What?" Carina said, lifting her head a little. "Hey. You fainted." Jack said. Andy stood next to him. "I just came here, what happend?" "We were at a scene. There was a explosion and Maya was hurt. Her arm is definatly broken and her abdomen was rock solid. She seemed disoriented, but she was awake shortly. When she passed out again, her oxygen dropped severely and she stopped breathing. Ben intubated her and we got her here. When Carina saw her, she passed out, too. Carina your bp was really low and your heartrate was in 150s." "Yeah. Makes sence i passed out." Carina said. She got up and swayed a little. "I need to see her." She said as Andy and Jack went to catch her. "Wait till your iv has run through. You are not steady enough." "I.. need to see her." In that moment Dr. Hunt came in. "Carina. Please lie back down. Your heartrate is rising again. You need to calm down." Carina nodded. "When can i see her?" "Your IV takes another 15 minutes. If your bp is up and your heartrate is down. Both need to be in range, then you can go to the waiting room. Maya is still in the OR. But she is stable." "Thank you, Owen." Owen squeezed her hand and left. Jack sighed. "So thats, Dr. Hunt." Andy said. "Now is not the time, Andy." Carina pressed her hands to her face. Jack looked at Andy, who shook her head. Carinas  anxiety was through the roof. "I need her to be okay. I need her. I need her to be okay." "She is strong." Andy said. "It will be fine."

Jack, Andy and Carina moved to the waiting room and eventually all the other firefighters came, too. Jack Cuttler and Ruiz were talking. Carina didn't know, what they were talking about. She was way to focused not to panik. Andy sat next to her and rubbed her back. They waited and waited. Almost 6 hours.

Then Teddy, Amelia and Maggie came out. "She is alive." Teddy said. "Carina can we speak to you?" Carina nodded. She stood up and Andy kept her hand on Carinas back, she was still not too stable. But after she took a few stepps, Andy stepped back.

"She had a ruptured liver and we had to resect a small part. She had a bad concussion, but her brain is fine. Her left arm is shattered. Her humerus and her hand have been fixed in the OR and she has a cast on the arm up to her shoulder. She also has a hairline fracture in her ulna that should heal on its own with the cast. She is stil intubated but we will extubate her as soon as she wakes up. Amelia will reasses her, because the firefighters said she was very confused, when she was wake." "Thank you, Teddy. Can i see her." Teddy nodded. "Amelia will take you. Can i update the firefighters?" "Yes please." Carina said and followed Amelia.

The sight was something she wished she never had to see again. Her poor wife was so pale and seemed so small in the hospital bed. She gasped and ran up to her wife. "You can take her right hand. But be carefull of her IV." Carina noded, took Mayas hand and kissed her. "I love you, Bambina."