Anything can happen, if you let it

Within the next days the live of the Deluca-Bishops changed alot. The Group home got shut down and the kids got assigned new foster homes. Maya and Carina made sure, that Ninas foster sister got good homes. They applied to foster Nina and were granted the position. They also got a house. They were under immens time pressure, but maybe that was good, they had been pushing it for years. And when they found one they liked, they just took it. It had no funiture and so for the first week they slept on mattresses in the living room. All in all the house was great and they had so many plans. Station 19 and the Greys Sloan people helped them every free minute and because Kai and Amelia were the ones to come over alot, Maya became really good friends with Kai. Nina got her very own room, which she was extremely exited about.  From the entrance to the right was a small bathroom and a little floor to the kitchen and the dining room on the left, towards the front was the living room with a big glass wintergarden. The front yard was big enough for a pool and some yard space next to it. Up the stairs were the bedrooms. Four in total. One for Maya and Carina one for Nina, one for the girls and one spareone for visitor. Upstairs were also two bathrooms a big one conected to Maya and Carinas Bedroom and a smaler one next to Ninas bedroomIn the cellar was a washing and laundry room and a free room they decided to make a playroom.  Seattle was a quite rainy city and they wanted space for the girls to get energy out.  There was also a small room, where Maya kept her workout Equipment.

Maya and Carina both took some time off to complete the house, but left some parts for later. Like the play room, right now it was sunny summer and they didn't need that and Maya and Carina decided to build the playroom for christmas.

Ellie had started walking with a walker. They had gotten her one, because her PT team recomended it and she did so well with it. It took quite a lot out of her and she couldn't go long distances, but i made a big difference in the little girls live.
After a little adventure the moms also found that Ellie is perfectly capable to get down the stairs. She would just sit on her butt and slide down one by one. Maya was upstairs with the girls and Ellie must have hear Nina downstairs, so she went for it. Carina almost had a heart attack seeing her youngest on the stairs, but after she realized how carefully and skilled Ellie slid down, she was imensly proud of her little girl.

After they had prepared quite a big chunk of the house they had a big barbecue like they loved to have at Travises only they had it at the Deluca-Bishops and that made them so happy.

------

Carina asked if Nina wanted to ask her friends over to have a pool afternoon and Ninas eyes almost poped out. "What? I can do that?" "Of course, Bellina. Give them a call ." So the following afternoon Ninas best friends came over. Cara, Gia, Simon and Collin. They hung out at the pool played games together and ate ice cream. The teens were really sweet and Carina had great time with them. Maya came home at the late afternoon. She was at the lake with the tripplet, Vic, Theo and Andy. They had a great time aswell and all of then were very hungry. "I made pizza Baguettes." Carina said an put the big trays on the table. Everyone ate and Ninas friends were shocked. "I knew you said your foster mum could cook, but this. Seriously, Mrs Deluca-Bishop, this is awesome." Collin said. Nina smiled. "Thank you, Collin. And call me Carina."Carina said.

The teens would spend a lot of days at the Deluca-Bishops pool and the Moms were glad to have them. They loved to see Nina so happy. She was what was missing in their family and they wanted to make it official. That however took time and so they were left to wait.

The weeks passed by and soon enough school started again. Nina would start highschool and that scared her a lot. Maya and Carina both tried to comfort her, but they couldn't speak of very good highschool years themselves. Maya had barely any memories of school itself, just track practice and her dads regime over her and Carina had an entirely different school sytem, but her late school year weren't great aswell, her Mamma and brother having left her and her Papa being more and more unstable. But they did their best. They focused on the fact that all of her friends went to the same highschool and that it was just 10 minute walk from their home, so she'd be home in no time. Nina was glad she had someone to talk to now, although she still found it quite hard to open up sometimes.

Before they let their teen go into highschool they wanted to spend some time with her. And so they asked Vic and Theo to babysitt the girls while they took Nina out.

"Its a surprise, bellina." Carina said after Nina had asked for the 50th time. "I want to know, i don't know what to expect." "Wear something nice and enjoy." Maya said and the left to get dressed. Vic and Theo were already there and played with the girls outside. Carina decided on a black kneelength dress and heels. She braided her hair and left some pieces to frame her face. Maya wore white dress pants and a light blue bluse, she had her hair down and slightly wavy. Carina knocked on Ninas room. "Are you ready to go?" Nina wore her new dark blue Jumpsuit and was struggling with her hair. "Almost." "What are you doing?" Carina asked. "I saw this tutorial on tiktok, its suposed to be easy, but it isn't." Nina growled in the mirror infront of which she was sitting. "Do you want help?" Carina asked and Nina nodded. Carina looked at the video and nodded. "I can do that." She braided two strands along the middle part and secured them with one elastic in the middle, then she hid the elastic with another strand and pulled some hairs out to frame Ninas face. "Beautiful." Carina smiled and kissed Ninas forehead. "Thank you, Carina." Nina said and they went downstairs. Vic was in the kitchen and her jaw dropped as she saw the girls walk down. "Wow. You guys look great." Carina smiled and Nina blushed. "Honestly Maya, how did you do it?" "Do what?" "Get the most beautiful human as a wife and then manage to find someone just as beautiful, if not more, sorry Carina, as a daughter." Nina blushed even more, but not because of the compliment, but because of Vic calling her Mayas daughter. "I am just lucky." She kissed Carina and squeezed Nina close. "Ready?" She asked. "What for?" Nina tryed it again. "Nice try." Maya said. "Have fun." Vic yelled.

The had dinner at a very fancy restaurant before they went to what the wifes had actully planed. "A theater?" Nina asked. "Musical." Carina said. Ninas eyes grew. "We heard you like listening to them, so we got you tickets i hope you like this one." Maya said and got tickets out to "Mary Poppins" Nina yelled. "Oh my god. Thank you. That is awesome." She could believe it.
They went in and found their seats. Then the show began. Even Maya loved it. She didn't know much about Musicals other than Vic and Travis randomly bursting out Musical songs, but she really enjoyed it. Carina used to dance as a kid and they would sometimes perfom Musicals, but she hadn't seen a professional one in years. This was Ninas first and she was stunned. At the intermission she didn't even know what to say, but after the show was over her mouth would shut. "It was so amazing, when Mary flew over us and the lights and the songs. Wow." They got her a shirt at the gift shop to remember the special day and then went home. Ninas adrenalin dropped on the carride and she fell asleep. Maya carried her to bed, but ended up waking her to atleast change into PJs. Nina kept thanking Maya and Carina even in her halfsleep state. After they had kissed her good night and saw that she was already asleep when the switched the lights of, they went to bed themselves. They snuggled into eachother. "It was a really great evening." Maya said. "Yes. I loved it. And i loved seeing Nina." Carina wispered half asleep. "Yes, her face was the best. I love you, my Love." Maya said and pulled Carina closer. "I love you, too." Carina said and then they fell asleep.

An: Isn't that a cute chapter. I love cute chapters.