And sudenly everything everthing is....QUIET

Monday came and went, and Carina did surprisingly well. Maya checked in with Jo during the day. She did also text with Carina, but she was scared Carina didn't tell the truth. But Jo also told her that Carina was fine. Maya however wan't fine. She was angry. She had found the reason why all her concerns and all her pleas according Becket were ignored by the new Chief. She had caught the new fire chief and Sullivan together in the storage closet. Not entirely clothed. And when Maya came back out and leaned on the wall, not entirely sure she would ever recover from the sight, Becket walked across her and said. "Oh so now you know, too." He knew. He knew that Chief Ross was sleeping with Sullivan and that that wasn't allowed in the SFD, because they weren't the same rank or haven't been the same rank, when they started and proved that to the board. And Becket knew that, too. And if Ross demoted or even fired Becket, he would open her affair. Which was apparently more important to her than the life of her firefighters. Maya was livid. She punched the boxing bag again and again and she didn't stop, when Jack called for her. "Bishop. Hey. Bishop. Maya? Maya? Lieutenant Deluca-Bishop." Maya stopped. "Yes." She said very out of breath. "Are you okay? You seemed somewhere completely else." "No Jack. I am not okay. I... I don't know. What do you need?" "Hey. You know, i can help you? Or you can go see Diane. I saw her this morning and it was really good. It helps me, you know." "I don't need therapy, i need this fucking world to be fair. But i can't have that, so let me be angry." The station knew, they had lost the baby and they also knew not to talk about it, but be there when Maya or Carina needed them. "I need you to look over the budget again. I think there is a major mistake, but Becket just yelled and now i am questioning my math skills." "Yes. Okay."

Jack was right and the Stations expenses did not align with the left over budget at all. Quite the contrary. There was a lot of money missing and the missing money was all written on the clinic, when the clinic didn't cost half as much, and all the recipts proved it. Maya filled Jack in on what she saw in the storage closet and Jack was now as furious as Maya. Just then a call came in and they walked ran out to the trucks. "Oh i just want to go home and cuddle my wife. She is the only thing good right now."

"Alright 19. The fire is in the first and the second floor. There are people in the third floor and apparently someone in the cellar. All in all the neighbor said 5 people live in this house. Bishop, Miller, Cellar Evac. Montgomery, Warren, Cuttler thirdfloor. Evac. The rest is on fire attack." "Captain. Montgomery is still out." Ruiz said. "Oh right." Becket scrached his head. "Ruiz, go with Warren and Cuttler." Everyone nodded and Maya wispered to Dean on the way in. "He is drunk again." Dean just nodded.

Cuttler brought out the parents of the house. "Bishop, whats your status?" Becket yelled in his mic. "There is noone in the first three rooms of the cellar. But its quite big, and its already filled with smoke." The woman ran up to Becket. "No. There is noone in the cellar. Our daughter moved away for college. She used to live there." "Okay, Thank you." "But in the cellar under the kitchen is a propane tank. Its dangerous. Noone should be down there." The woman said. "We are the firefighters, we will manage. Thank you." Becket said and went on. "Ruiz, whats your status?" "I got the twin girls, we are comming out now, all the other rooms are empty." "Have you updated, Bishop and Miller?" Cuttler asked and Becket said. "Cuttler, if i want advice i ask you for advice. Understood?" Cuttler just noded and ran away to help with triage.

Maya and Warren were in the cellar clearing one room after the other. They had found what had seemed to be a bedroom and a bathroom, but noone was there. It looked as if there hadn't been anyone for a long time. "There is noone here." Maya stated. Miller nodded. He opened another door and stepped back a few meters. The fire was already eating threw the floor above them and there was a tank in there. And not a well manufactured one, it looked pretty old and rusty. There were holes and there was clear liquid on the floor. "This is not good." Miller said, while Maya radiod Becket telling him, there was noone in the cellar. She didn't hear him and didn't realize what was about to go down. She followed Miller in the room and when he ran to get out, she was confused and moved a minute to slow."Miller, what are you.." The tank exploded and eventhough Maya was standing about 10 feet away she was jolted up in the blast and knocked against the wall behind her. "Bishop." Miller had been able to find cover behind a wall, but Maya wasn't as lucky. The minute her body hit the wall everything went black.

"Maya." Dean yelled. "Bishop." "Miller, Bishop, whats your 20?" Becket asked, apprently he heard the explosion. "I am fine, but Bishop is down. I'm getting her out." "Right. Go on." "Get an Aid-Car ready." "Miller, I can't just spawn one." "Just make it happen. She is not going to die today." Becket just nodded and said. "Get her out, then we'll see." Miller was relieved to find a pulse and quickly scooped her up and got her out. Gibson and Warren had heard the conversation with Becket, and ran over to the entrance of the house. "She has a pulse, but its is faint." "Bishop. Bishop. Can you hear me?" Warren said as Maya opened her eyes.

She couldn't hear anything exept a ringing sound. She saw their mouths moving, but she didn't hear a word they were saying. Confused she looked from one to another. Ben shone a light in her eyes, which hurt her head. Her head hurt so bad and her left arm was excruciation. Ben moved it slightly to take of her turnouts, but Maya couldn't take it. She just started to scream. Ben stopped. "Don't move my arm." Maya said, but she couldn't even hear her own voice. It scared her so much, that her breathing quickend. She couldn't focus and she could hear what anyone was saying. Ben cut her turnouts to reaveal a badly bruised arm. Maya panted at the pain the little movement caused her. They had strapped a oxgen mask over her and she could tell Jack was saying one word over and over, but she didn't hear it and her vision was to blurry to make it out. They put her on a stretcher and the last thing Maya remebered was being lifted up and crying for her wife. Then everything went black.

An: now that escalated quickly
I am going to the clinic tomorrow. I get new meds and i don't know how much i can update, so i have this chapter for you. Eventhough i already updated and i think i have 3 more chapters written. I have so many ideas, but if you have some or suggestions. Write them in the comments.