i'm another year older

Maya was quite uncomfortable during the night. She was up a couple of times her stomach felt off and her body was sore, but Carina looked so peace full and so she didn't wake her up. At 4am she couldn't lay around anymore. She got up and took a cold shower. Her back was still red and some skin already shed. Her face looked like she had fallen into a container of blush. She put some cream on the places she could reach and went into the kitchen and began setting the table and preparing the livingroom. She got her present out and hoped Carina would like it. It was something Carina had wanted and Maya was unsure if she had put too little thought into it. She set the package on Carinas place and picked some flowers in the garden to decorate the table. It was just 6:30 when she heard comotion over the babyphone. She went into the girls room and saw Ellie was wide awake. Meena and Louise were still sleeping. "Hey." Maya wispered. Ellie laughed and made grabby hands toward her mother.

Maya picked her up, changed her diper and carried her to the front porch. She sat down on the picknickblanket they had put out oft Ellie to play on and stretched Ellies legs. They did some execises together and Maya was so greatfull for the time with her youngest. They played together with Lego Duplo blocks and Ellie giggled and made the sign for play. "Thats right. Play." Maya said. It was clear, that Ellie was not only physicall disabled but also had some form of cogitive delay. Maya thought about all the obstacles their daughter had overcome and will overcome in the future. They will continue to advocate for her and try to get the best out of her. She was so smart, so full of life and so creative. The world might not want to see it, but Maya saw it. She had seen it everyday, since Ellie was born. Maya put Ellies AFOs on, they supported her ankles and tryed to get her to stand. She held onto her and Ellie did her best, but her feet wouldn't hold her today, not even with her mothers help. Maya let her sit down again and they continued playing with the Lego.

Carina woke up and saw that Maya wasn't with her. She got up and looked for her, slightly worried that she might not be feeling well. She went to find Maya sitting on the porch in the shade with her youngest gigling and laughing, playing with Legos. Carina watched them for a little and was so proud of Maya. The woman that had sworn never to tie down, had run away from babys was now playing with their youngest daughter. It made Carinas heart grown and she couldn't contain herself. She joined the two on the blanket. "Hey. Good morning. Happy Birthday, My love." Maya said and kissed Carina. "Thank you. Good morning to you, too. Good morning Ellie." Ellie smiled at her mother and gave her a Lego block. "Oh Thank you." Carina said.

"Buon cumpleanno." Meena, Louise and Nina yelled from the door. "Oh, Bambine, Grazie." Carina got up and Meena and Louise hugged her legs tightly. She kissed the tops of their heads. "Happy birthday, Mamma." Nina said and hugged her, too. "Thank you, Bellina. Te voglio bene." "Anch'io." Carina smiled at Nina speaking her native language.

Kathrine came around 8 and they had a big breakfast with waffles and eggs. Then they gave Carina her presents. Meena, Ellie and Louise had each painted her a picture. And Nina had made Carina a pictureframe with a picture of all of them in it. Carina was so happy about all the presents and hugs and kisses. Maya had gotten Carina a smart watch. Carina had wanted one, because Maya had one for years and she saw how practical it was. She was just to greedy to get herself one. "Thank you Maya. That is awesome." Carina smiled and kissed her wife. "I have something for you aswell." Kathrine said. "You didn't need to." "Oh please. Since the divorce of Lane, i have quite some money, because i got the money back that was mine plus some for the pain he was and i love nothing more than to use it to spoil you guys." Kathrine smiled and Carina opened the envalope. "Oh. Kathrine. What?" Carina said. "What is it, love?" Maya asked. "Its a hotelroom for tonight for the both of us." "I know that you relationship surely has to take a step back since the girls were born. I want you to have a nice night." "Thank you, mom." Maya said and hugged Kathrine. "And Nina picked it, so if it is bad, not my fault." "Oh Okay." Carina said and squeezed her oldests hand. "Thank you everyone." Carina smiled. "Mamma, how old are you?" Meena asked. "How old do you think i am?" "Like 10?" Meena said. "No she is like 300." Louise threw in. "Oh. I am not that old, birdy. I am 42." "How much is that?" Meena asked. "Hm?" Carina picked up the bowl of blueberries and counted 42 blueberries in her plate. "So much." "Oh. So much bueberries." Meena said and ate one. The laughed.

They spent the day like the last few, played card games and build sandcastles. In the evening Maya and Carina dressed up and left to have dinner together first and then spend the night at the hotel.

---

"The food was so good, Bambina." Carina said. Maya nodded. "i loved the pasta, but it was not as good as yours." "Quite the charmer, are you." Carina smirked. "Its your birthday. I get to charm you. My beautful wife." "I love you." "I love you, too." They went to the hotel and found their room. It was really nice, with a great view over the sea. Carina lit some candles on the balcony and her and Maya cuddled up on a bench on the little balcony to watch the night over the ocean. "I am so proud of us." Carina said. "Hm?" "I mean, we overcame so much." Maya nodded. "I am so greatfull to have overcome them with you." Maya kissed Carinas jaw and down her neck. "I love you, but i think we need to go inside now." Carina said as Maya reached a particular sensible spot. "Okay. Lead the way." Maya said.

An: I just rewatched the live with Danielle and Peter Paige. Where he said, that happy relationships are boring and that there needs to be drama. Well i want to show, there can be a lot of drama and trauma, but you don't have to seperate couples. I mean we got Marina back kind of, but you know what i mean. I want them to battle their drama and highs and lows together and not battle eachother. Thats why there is a lot of drama in my story and Carina and Maya will always try to battle it out together.

But i still love the show and the writers are amazing and the creative team. I just don't want Maya and Carina to have had to split up.