I will send out an army

Maya did really well on the test and now it was just a waiting game. They still asked Nina to babysitt, eventhough they didn't nessicarily need it. They just wanted to see her regularly. They didn't talk about the incident anymore and Nina seemed fine to the wifes. They knew there was something underneath, but they didn't want to push and so they just waited for her to make the first step.

Maya was in her office. She was thinking about Nina, once she was battalion chief, they really had no reason to keep her as a Babysitter. They would not be able to keep an eye on her and that scared her. A knock on the door ripped her out of her trance.

"Chief. Hi. Come in." Maya stood up and asked the chief to sit. "I am happy to tell you, got full marks on your exams." Chief Ross said. "Oh. Thank you." Maya said and blushed a little. "Congratulations. This ment the board is sure and i am too. Congratulations Deluca-Bishop you are the new Battalion Chief." Maya was too stunned to speak. "Thank you. Thank you." She stammered. "Do well." Chief Ross said and left. "Chief Ross." Maya yelled after her. "What?" "Whos going to be 19s new Captain?" "I will scout canidates but until i have one Lieutenant Herrera will take over. She is the senior man." Maya nodded. "If i can recommend someone. I think Lieutenant Herrera would be a good permanent solution." Maya said. "I will think about it." Chief Ross said and left. Maya turned and called Carina quickly. She was off today and kept the girls home with her to spend some time. "Carina. I got it. I am Battalion Chief. I did it." Maya yelled in the phone. "Yes. Bambina, i knew it. This is awesome. When do you start?" "Ehm. Next week." Maya said. "Wow. I am so proud of you. I am so imensly proud of you." Carina said.
That was when Maya was nearly run over. "Wow.. what?" "Congratulations!!!" Vic and Andy yelled. "Yes Maya. You did it." The celebrated with a well deserved dance round. "Honestly this is great." Vic said. "You are Chief and Andy is Captain and i am Crisis one leader. We are real badass women." "Yes we are." Andy said and Maya nodded. "Joes tonight." Andy stated. "Oh yes. I have to ask Carina, if she takes the girls." "Why don't you ask the babysitter, she must be on summer break, so i am sure she can come and Carina can come with us." "Yes. I will." Mayas face dropped a little. "Whats wrong?" "Its okay. I don't want to destroy the celebration, i'll tell you another day." Andy nodded.

"And you can call us with anything. They girls are asleep and you have everything. The key is in the kitchen, if you need it.  You can just sleep, the girls should be fine. We don't know when we'll be back. And that is okay with your home, right." Maya said. "Yes. That is fine. I have to be back tomorrow by 10." Nina smiled. "Okay. Bye." Carina took Mayas hand. "Bye. Have a great evening."  Nina waved them good bye and Maya locked the door.

Nina put her head down on the pillow on the sofa. She breathed the familiar smell in. She got back up and picked a book of the shelf and started reading were she had left off. Maya wanted her to borrow it, but she was scared someone would take it at the group home, but she wouldn't say that. She said, she wanted to keep it exciting and only read it when she was here.
After a while she got tired and switched the lights off. She fell in a light sleep.

Nina shot up when a loud ringing sound filled the appartement.  She looked around. It was the smoke alarm and it was smelling quite badly like smoke. She got up and immediatly noticed it was really hot in the appartement. She looked around and decided to wake the girls get out and call Maya and Carina. She put her phone in her back pocket and went in the girls room. She touched the wall to the kitchen. "Ow." She quickly pulled it back. It was extremly hot. Nina got in the room of the girls. They were up and scared. "Its okay. There is nothing wrong, just come with me please. Smoke was filling the appartement. "Lets go. Come on." She picked up Ellie and made the other two girls hold onto her shirt. "Shit." She said, as she remebered the key was in the kitchen. "Girls, i need you to stay here. Here." She put surgical masks over their mouths and nosed. "Keep these on and stay here." She put Ellie down and had Louise and Meena hold her hands. "Can you do that? Stay right here at the door?" The girls nodded and Nina ran into the kitchen. There it was. The fire. Nina didn't know where it came from nor did she care. She shielded her face with her hand. There were only three masks and so she was coughing and barely any oxygen made it in her lungs. She found the keys and ran back.