Don't show me, what you want me to see

While Nina and Carina were at the hospital, Maya was at work in her office. There was a knock on the door. "Come in." "Hey. I just wanted to check in. You seemed off at breakfast." "Hey Andy. Thank you, but i am fine." Maya said and yawned. "Oh. Did you not sleep last night?" "No. I did actually sleep like a baby, but i am still tired." Maya said and cleared her voice. "Oh. Are you coming down with something?" "I don't know. Maybe." Mayas leg was shaking, which was a clear sign that she was stressed. "What is wrong?" "Why?" "Your leg is shaking, you aren't looking at me. What is wrong?" Maya sighed.  "Nina came home yesterday. She has managed to get herself pregnant." "What???!!" Andy almost fell out of her chair. "Yes. Internaly i reacted the same way. But Carina is such an angel. She was calm and collected. I was just overwhelmed. I felt so angry." "Well Carina sees that alot i think. Young girls coming to her..." "I know, but this is our daughter. It was so hard not to yell. And i never yell at my kids." "But you didn't yell." Andy said. "No. I didn't." "That is great, Maya." Maya nodded. "Carina is taking her to the hospital today. Nina was so upset. She was so scared and terrified." "What did you say?" "I said. What she did was stupid, but comming home and telling us, was smart." "Good." "I just want her to be okay. I mean, she did forget to use protection, but she is my daughter. I don't want her to be unhappy." "We have all been there. And she will be fine. Nina has the best support." Andy said and squeezed Mayas hand. "Your hand is so cold." Andy said. "Yeah. I am frezzing." "I'll get you some tea and you have to promise me to take it easy today." "Sure. Thank you."

Maya however had a shit ton of work to do and no time to get it done. Being increadibly tired it was also very hard for her to concentrate. After a while she got up and walked around her office a little. Her body was stiff and she felt bad. There was a pencile on the floor and Maya bend to pick it up. As she got back up a major headrush hit her and she stumbled and had to brace herself against the wall. "Jeeez."she said and took a few deep breaths. She sat back down on her desk and went to work some more. Her head hurt and soon her eyes closed by themselves. She put her head on her arms just for a second, but that plan was not succesfull. Maya fell asleep.

Andy went to check on Maya again after Maya didn't come for lunch. She had a feeling the blonde was not alright and knocked. "Maya?" She said as noone answered. Still nothing. She opened the door quietly and saw Maya sleeping at her desk. She was terribly pale, but her cheaks were flushed. Andy put a hand on Mayas forehead. "Holy... Maya." Maya started to stir. "Hey. Maya wake up." "Hmm.. Oh no. I didn't want to fall asleep." "That is okay. You have a fever." "No. Why?" Maya wimpered. "Why don't you lay down on your sofa and i am going to call your wife." Maya felt so terrible. "Alright." She got up and walked over to her sofa. She pulled the blanket around herself and curled up.

"Hey Carina," "Andy? What happend? Is Maya okay?" Andy could hear the fear in Carinas words. "She is alright, but she spiked a fever." "So she has come down with what was lingering for quite some time." "I suppose. Can you pick her up?" "Yes. I am on my way." Andy hung up and walked over to Maya. "Can i get you anything until Carina comes?" "No. Thank you." The klaxon rang and Andy jumped up. "Thats me. I am sorry. Get well soon." Andy said and left Maya.

Maya decided to close her eyes for a second, but again failed at not falling asleep.

"Hey. Bambina." Carina was kneeling down infront of her and strocking her sweaty forhead. "Hey." Maya rasped out and sighed. "Lets get you home, Bambina." "How is Nina?" "She is home. She is sore and crampy, but she is fine. She did so well and i talked to her about using contraceptives in the future." "You are amazing." "So are you." "No. I just wanted to yell. I was really angry." "But you didn't and i wanted to yell, too. But we have gotten well at calming ourselves and not overreacting." "You have always been good at that." "I have not. I am italian. Overreacting is what we do best." Maya chuckled. "Lets go home."

Carina gave Maya some painmeds and let her sleep. Nina decided to go rest with her mom, which Maya didn't like at first, because she didn't want Nina to get sick, but ended up agreeing.
When the tripplets were home Carina had all hands full keeping them a bay and when Vic called and asked, wheater the girls wanted to go to the zoo tomorrow with her Theo, Emmet, Travis and Elija, she was so glad. It was enough work having two sick people at home, but having two sick people and three 6-year olds was, too much.

The next morning she got the girls ready, packed them lunches and let Maya and Nina sleep. Maya had been quite miserable tonight, tossing and turning and being plagued with dreams due to her fever. After they had left with Vic and Theo, she did the laundry and got some breakfast ready.

When Nina woke up, she felt a lot better. She was still a little sore, but by far not like it was yesterday. She went downstairs and found Carina making frenchtoast. "Buon giorno, mamma." She said and Carina turned around. "buon giorno, bellina." They talked a little in italian and ate some, before Carina put some food and a big mug of hot tea on a platter and took it up to Maya, who was still asleep. She softly rubbed her back and talked to her. Maya started to stirr. "Hey, Bambina. How are you feeling?" Carina signed and said. Maya just groaned. "I am sorry, Bambina." Carina resorted to rubbing Mayas back for a little while and before she gestured towards the food and the tea. Maya sat up and looked at the platter Carina had made her. She put her hearing aids in and turned to Carina. "Thank you. But i am not hungry at all. This makes me feel sick." "Thats okay. Try the tea. Its just hearbs with a little honey it'll be good for your sore throat." Carina gave Maya the tea and took the platter away. Maya took a sip and sighed at how good it felt in her throat. "Good, Bambina." "Thank you." Maya and Carina decided to listen to a little music and cuddle, while Maya drank her tea. After a while Maya got really sleepy and Carina had her lay back down and rest. "I might go on a little walk with Nina. Moving helps her with the cramping." "How is she doing?" "I think she is doing well. She was eating breakfast, she was talking and smiling again." "That is nice." Maya said already half asleep. "Alright. Sleep. I will be back soon. Call me if something happens." "Yes."

Nina and Carina walked quitely. The weater was cold and grey. "Bellina?" "Hm?" "Can i ask you another question?" Carina looked at her daugther. "Sure?" "You don't have to answer, but i am nosy. Whats his name? Do we get to know him someday? " "Mhm... That is the thing. You kind of already know him." Carina was confused. "Who? I mean he is at your college. I don't know so many people at your college." Nina sighed. "Its Tucker. Bailey's son." Carinas eyes widend. "What?" "I know he is four years older and he is your colegues son and Moms colegues son and i have never spoken a word to him before we met in college, but he makes me laugh and we can talk for hours and he helps me and calms me and is kind and sweet." "That is nice, Bellina. I am not mad, i am just shocked. I mean you knew Tucker from the holiday celebrations and the station and everything and it seemed as if you didn't really like eachother." "Well, we just didn't talk much. We met a week into college and i was lonely and he asked me if i was okay and that his friend had a class and he had a free period and since i had no friends yet, we went to get food together. He was nice and we talked and then we went to get food every Wednesday and then hung out more and i hung out with him and his friends. Don't worry they aren't all older than me. Its acually a pretty mixed group." "Is it 'gang' you told us about?" Carina said making airquotes. "Well we are not a gang in general. But we call us "the gang"." Nina put airquotes around the last two words and stressed them sarcasticly."It sounds great." Carina said. Ninas phone chimed and she looked at it and blushed. "What?" Carina said. "He texted me." "What does he say?" "That he is looking foreward to go back because not seeing me for 4 days is torture." "Aww." Carina put an arm around her daughter.

"Have you told him about the...?" "No. But i want to." "Do you want him to come over?" "I don't think his parents know." Nina sighed. "But i miss him." Carina smiled at her daugther. "You really like him?" "I do." "Ask to meet up with him and tell him." Carina said. "Don't keep this from him." Nina nodded.

An: i am so happy that you guys read my story. I have 10k reads on the story and over 1k on the first chapter. I love writing it. If you have any ideas to improve tell me or maybe things your would like to read. I am so happy you guys like my story.