you were more than just a short time

At home things where as chill as they could be. Someone from the station oder hospital took Elly on trips or her appointments and therapies. Carina also tried to spend a lot of time with her daughter and when Nina was off work she obviously join them. On Wednesday Maya got to go home. She was still very weak but she loved spending time with her youngest and oldest at home.
Wednesday was also special for Nina as her brother anwered her E-Mail. She had written him.

Hi I don't know if you even know about me. My name is Nina. My birth last name was Westermann. Also I don't know if the was just what the picked at the adoption agency. I was place in front of fire station at five days old.I grew up in the Foster system and got adopted at age 14. My family is great so if you don't want to get to know me that's fine aswell. I did genetic testing because my mother is sick. Hey brother is going to give her a stemcell donation. I'm scared that if I get sick nobody can donate for me. But i'm also curious find out about my family. I know that my parents didn't want me so i'm not going to force myself on them. I have two wonderful mothers and I have a wonderful grandmother and three wonderful sisters. I don't need anymore. But i am still curious why they gave me up.
I love to hear from you
Yours Nina.

He answered.

Hi Nina I didn't know about you. My name is Felix. I live in San Diego with my parents and my little sister. I asked my parents when I got your e-mail. I only did genetic testing because the friend of mine did it and it was cheaper to order two test. I'm very glad to hear from you. I'm sixteen years old and my parents about you. Funny conversation to be honest. My dad got very very pale. I think you was thinking back to all the girls he had before my mom. But mom just got very silent. When she told as the truth her voice was shaking. She said four years before I was born she had been in a toxic relationship. When she found out she was pregnant she realised she didn't want to rise a child with the man. But she was to far along to get an abortion. She ran away and delivered you. She still remembers the day the fourth of Oktober. She wanted you to have a better life. She had nothing. She moved back to San Diego to live with her parents. She was very depressed but then met my dad. He helped her see the good in humanity. She said that she wanted to look for you, but it was impossible since she didn't know your name. She was crying tears of happiness when I told her got an Email from you. I'm sorry about your mom by the way. And i'm sorry that the first fourteen years of your life was probably not as great. But i'm happy, that you have been adopted by a great family. My mom would love to meet you and your family. You didn't tell me where you lived. Or maybe we can phone call first. Whatever you want.
Hope to hear from you again
Yours Felix

When Nina read the letter she cried. She was sitting on Mayas downstairs bed watching a show together with her. Maya looked over to her oldest daughter. "What's wrong?" "He answered my e-mail." "That's great. What does he say?" "He says i'm his moms daughter. He says, she was looking for me. He says, he has a little sister. I'll read it to you." Nina read the e-mail to her mom. "San Diego is quite far. Would you like to see them?" "I don't know. This is all very confusing. I sent the E-Mail after, i saw Meena comfort Louise. I don't know why. I don't want to go into the what if. But growing up in the system I always thought about my mother. Where she was? who she was? and why she left me? Did she really think that growing up in the system was better? I'm not mad. I have great family now. But before I met you, life was really hard." "I think to a little degree I can understand what you mean. I always felt like I wasn't good enough. My father pushed me so hard. I thought like I was only lovable if I succeded. But then I met your Mamma. She love me no matter what. I still struggle with my past. But it's over." "You're right. I'm going to think about it. I think I want to talk to her but I don't know if I want her in my life." "That is completly up to you." Maya smiled and Nina cuddled closer.

On saturday the picked up the girls from Camp. All of and drove out to camp sunshine. Carina Nina Maya und Ellie. " Mamma Mommy." Louise yelled smiling from ear to ear. "Camp was so much fun. We did it so many cool things." "I want to go back next year for the whole summer." Meena stated. "It's great that you love it."

Lilly came over to the family. "Hey it's nice to meet you. Meena and Louise have been telling me a lot about you." "Hi Lilly." Nina said. "This is my Mamma Carina and this is my mom Maya." Meena explaind proudly. "And this is my big sister Nina and this is my little sister Ellie." "She is just the few minutes younger than you." Carina added. "It is very nice to meet you." "Thank you for everything this week." "It was my pleasure. The girls were so nice. But they did try to plot up on us, by speaking italian if they didn't want anyone to understand them." "We should have told you, we're a bilingual family." Carina said. "I'm from Italy, so the kids learn italian at home." "Its okay. Its cool. I would love to speak more languages. We managed. Didn't we?" Meena and Louise nodded. "And Louise has a very nice singing voice." "That is right." Nina said. "We had a little talent show and she sang. She wasn't shy at all when she sang." "Wow. Louise good job." Carina hugged Louise.

They said goodbye to Lilly and all their new Camp friends and drove back home. On the way home Meena and Louise told all the stories about Camp.

They decided to spend the Sunday together at home as a family. On Monday Maya had her new spinal tab and they were all a little on edge. But they tryed to have as much fun together as they could. They played in the Pool, ate ice cream and had a little Bonfire to celebrate the night.