Well the worlds not perfect, the worlds not kind

"You don't know, how much i needed that." Maya laughed and Andy patted her on the shoulder. The two best friends enjoyed one of the last sunny days on the beach. "Anytime, girl." Andy smiled. "I ow you, you know. You let me live with you. Help me with my shitty divorce and everything. I ow you." "You pay rent and i never liked Sullivan in the first place." Maya laughed. "I'm so sorry, for what he did." Andy said. "Its not your fault. He is ruthless and he wants to rise again. I get that, but the way he did it..." "Yeah." Andy sidehuged Maya and Maya put her head on Andys shoulder. "Can i talk to you about something?" Maya said. "Sure." Maya sighed, sat up and turned on the bench to face Andy. "Carina wants kids." "Yes. I did suppose that." "If we want kids. We need to make our minds about that now. Carina wants to carry and she is 37, which is already late for pregnancy." "Okay." "I don't know, if i want kids." Andy nodded. Maya explained to her everything her and Carina have talked about the last few weeks and how they couldn't come to a point. Andy just listened. After a while Maya was done and Andy sighed. "Look. From what i can here, Carina has all personal reasons, why she wants kids. And you have some, too. Like fear. You don't want Carina to have to singleparent. But she said she doesn't mind." "Well she does." "Yeah. You know. She wants the world with you and she doesn't want to miss out on something because she might loose you." "It scares me." "I know. I get that. But as someone comeing from a single parent. Its okay. It sucks and it hurts but its okay." "Mhm." "You don't only have personal reasons, you have other ones as well. Your Job and getting back up the rank and all in all the fucking patriachy in the fire department. " "Yes. I want to be Captain again." "Well your investigation has not been closed, so you might still get promoted back up." "I know, but that will take ages and if i am a mother, i doubt they will do so." "Maya. You are an amazing firefighter, an even better captain, if any woman in the department can be a mother and a captain, it is you. Prove it to them. Be an amazing Lieutenant and make a baby and then show them you can do both." "What if i can't?" "What are you scared about? Like specifically?" "What if i get to scared to fight fires? Like now with Carina, i always think twice before i run into a fire." "Well, that did do you good. You used to be pretty wreckless." Maya laughed. "But what, if i am a terrible mother?" "Why do you think that?" "Because of my parents..." "Will Carina be a good mother?" Andy interjected. "Of course. She will be amazing." "She had awefull parents, too. Our parents don't define us." "I know. Yeah. I think i could do it. Fuck the patriachy." "Yes. Absolutly. And i will fight touth and for you to be promoted back up, so i can take your place. I want back to 19." "I miss you a lot." "The guys at 23 are awfull. They don't shower. I litteraly throw up in my mouth everytime someone walks by me." Andy and Maya kept on ranting about 23 and their absolutly horrible manners and habits.

 "Carina?" Maya said, as she stepped into the flat. Andy decided to sleep over at Vic and Deans, she wanted them to have some time alone. "Carina?" Maya took her shoes of and went to look for her wife in the bed room and the bathroom. No Carina. She went back to the kitchen. 'I got called in. I will be back around 5 ish. I hope. I love you.' was on a note, quickly scribbled in Carinas handwriting. Maya nodded and got herself a glass of water. Then she took out her phone. It was just past 3. So she had time. She quickly scanned the fridge and realized she didn't know how to cook with any of this. So she decided to order. She ordered a soup and some appetizers from a french restaurant and Pasta and tiramisu for Nonas. She decorated the table and prepared the bathroom with lots and lots of candles. Then she picked up the food. She didn't know exactly when Carina would be home, so she had decided to just warm it up, after a relaxing bath. She also picked up some flowers. Some for the kitchen table and some for the bath. She set everything out for when Carina came home and also conected her phone to the bath radio, to listen to some soft tunes.

Carina came home shortly after 5pm. She opened the door and saw the set table and smelled the food. "Oh bambina." "Hey." Maya came out of the bedroom and hugged her wife. "I wanted to suprise you." Carina kissed her. "You have. Oh i am so hungry. What are we having?" "Well, i thought we could have a bath first, but actually i am hungry, too and i want to talk to you." "Oh and you are scared, we will not talk much in the bath?" Maya smirked and went bright red. Carina set down her bag and took her shoes off. "I will reheat the menu." Maya said. "Oh a hole menu and the kitchen is still standing?" "Ha ha. I picked it up at the Ce'la vie and Nonas." "Oh." Carina laughed. Maya set the appetizers and the soup on the table and pulled out the chair for Carina. Carina sat down and Maya moved to her chair on the other side of the table. "Well. Bon Appetit." Maya said. "Thank you. It smells amazing."

They ate the soup and the appetizers and then moved on to the pasta. It was some kind of zuccini and aubergine pasta, which both really enjoyed. Carina told Maya about her day and the surrgary she had been called in to. "It was amazing, we managed to get one of the twins out and she is in the NICU now. And the other stayed in the mamma. All three of them will stay in the hospital, but the unborn bambina now has time to grow a little more. The born one is im for a long fight. She is not yet breathing on her own, but the NICU team will do their best for her." "That is really cool. Although i would prefer a normal birth. Just textbook no complications, when we have a baby." Carina was stunned. "What? You... Ah em... You want a baby... With me?" "Yes. I talked to Andy today. Very very long. She helped me see my reasons in a different light. And now i think we should do it. I want everything with you and i don't want to miss out on something, because of how dangerous my job is and i want to proven women can do both, have kids and be fire captains or even chiefs." "I don't doubt that a second." Carina smiled. "So you want to do it?" "Yes. I want to do it. I want a little you and me running around and i want to watch them grow up and i want to do it with you." "Yes?" "Yes. But you need to know what you are in for. My Job..
" "Ah no. No more of that. Just focus on everyday alone. Try to come home to me, us, everyday and then it will be fine. I will love you and our kids will love you, even if you stay a Lieutenant and everything." "I love you." Maya said and kissed Carinas Hand. "Oh. I love you, too. So much." "I have some desert, but i am really full. Would you like to have the bath now?" Maya said. Carina smirked. "Oh yes. And i intend to start with the babymaking right now." Maya raised her eyebrows "Oh right."

-------

An: yeah cute Marina. But what did peter paige say. If your characters aren't going throuh some shit.....